FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Team for Dundee United

TopSix

Interesting to see that both teams have progressed tonight in the league cup. Despite our defensive frailties, Dundee United haven't been great lately and I fancy the pride of the north to secure the three points in this one. Roberts looks (hopefully) to have done enough tonight to have secured a place in the starting XI. It would be good to see him on from the start.

I'd line up with:

------------------------------------Esson---------------------------------------

------Raven---------Meekings----------Warren--------ShinnieG------

-----Pepper---------Morrison-----------ShinnieA-----------Doran-----

-------------------------------------Foran--------------------------------------

------------------------------------Roberts------------------------------------

We're due a win in the league and Saturday provides an excellent opportunity to see us start to climb the table.

Score prediction: 4-2 to ICTFC

Philip Roberts will not start on Saturday.

-----------------------------Esson--------------------------

---Raven-----Meekings------Warren----ShinnieG---

-----------------Morrison------Draper---------------------

------Pepper--------ShinnieA-----------Doran------------

-------------------------Foran--------------------------------

I've liked the look of Morrison when he's come on. He's a tidy player, he uses the ball well, retains possession. Foran is needed up front I think.

I thought Meekings and Warren were good last night and looked pretty solid on Saturday as well. They are shaping up to be a decent partnership. One thing that I do find concerning is the quiet spell that Andy Shinnie is going through, following on from his great start to the season. He hasn't established as good a partnership with Foran as you'd like and I don't think he takes the right positions to pick up loose balls following more direct hits up to Richie. I wouldn't mind seeing him drop a bit deeper and try and influence the game from there - it might be interesting to see him play in the '2' alongside Draper actually.

Shinnie and Foran do not mix - as I have been alluding to fer yonks. He needs to be tried as a playmaker if we persist in playing Foran up front - which to me can be effective in one perspective but he is more of an influence deeper. Wish that he would play Cooper at rite back in ICT Chris's formation - but he will not. He will not play Morrison and will stick to Foran back and McKay up front. He should risk Roberts up front but is scared to do so.

He has now disenaged from our therapy session so he will go fer:

ESSON

RAVEN MEEKINGS WARREN G.SHINNIE

DORAN DRAPER FORAN PEPPER

SHINNIE McKAY

He really is becoming so predictable.

Does everybody notice how we were previously almost getting the selections spot on and in general agreement with each other - but now we are dishing out different selections and formations. I could appreciate that TB was adhering to the same team and formation - despite disagreeing with some aspects suggestive of blind favouritism - but now, despite the injuries and suspensions, we are worringly going in to chop and change mode. The pattern should really be the other way around.