FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Chelsea sack Di Matteo

Caley Mad In Berks

What an absolute tool Abramovich is. It strikes me that he only saw Di Matteo as a stop gap manager when he appointed him last year. The brilliant success Di Matteo brought them in a few short months was probably, strangely, an embarrassment to Abramovich, who clearly couldn't wait for the first hiccough so that he could bin DM.

Six managers in 5 years! Who in their right mind would want to go there?

How long before Abramovich throws his toys out of the pram altogether and sells Chelsea, probably leaving them massively in debt?

Saying all that, they were the luckiest team to win the Champions League or European Cup since Steaua Bucarest years and years ago. Two teams completely and utterly outplayed on there way to winning the top prize.

Pep Gardiola would be crazy to go their, unless he just goes for the money knowing he will be sacked. What I do think is silly, all these clubs wanting Pep as their new boss, none of them have the culture and training upbringing to match Barca style for years and years. Can see him going to Italy more, same as he did when he left Barca as a player

End of the day, Roberto Di Matteo wasn't Roman Abramovich's first choice as manager - the champions league win just sweetens the deal for RDM. What you have to realise, Abramovich is the one making these big name signings Hazard, Mata, Oscar and RDM has to make them gel together. Yes I find the decision ludicrous but Abramovich is the chairman so just have to deal with it.

in 6 months di matteo won the champions league and fa cup, in 6 years at liverpool rafael benitez achieved the same feat.

great appointment :clapping:

still wont go against abramovic have to be greatful for the sucess hes brought to chelsea.

Chelsea fans hate Rafa Benitez, do you think they'll see it as a great appointment? I doubt it plus I think a lot of them will be feeling extremely embarressed by this latest episode of ruthlessness. I do though sense a bit of sarcasm in your post

Is it any wonder they conduct themselves the way they do regarding all the nonsense surounding John Terry and all these race claim allegations that were running around when their owner feels he can do whatever he wants just because he can brandish his colossal bank balance about, it all starts at the top and works it's way down.

It does make you wonder how some of these mega rich businesmen made their money in the first place as they seem to lack any semblence of management nous. Good leaders appoint the right person for the job and trust them to get on and do it. Sacking someone 6 months after you've hired them says far more about the incompetence of the person who made the appointment than the person who is sacked.

But then again, Chelsea is not a business to Abramovich - it's a hobby.

It does make you wonder how some of these mega rich businesmen made their money in the first place as they seem to lack any semblence of management nous. Good leaders appoint the right person for the job and trust them to get on and do it. Sacking someone 6 months after you've hired them says far more about the incompetence of the person who made the appointment than the person who is sacked.

Perhaps their brains have been muddled by the use of the products that made them the money.

• Agree 1

Perhaps their brains have been muddled by the use of the products that made them the money.

You really think he survived drinking raw oil? Well, if he restricts himself to 1 millilitre a day the effect you suggested might have happened :crazy:

in 6 months di matteo won the champions league and fa cup, in 6 years at liverpool rafael benitez achieved the same feat.

great appointment :clapping:

still wont go against abramovic have to be greatful for the sucess hes brought to chelsea.

Chelsea fans hate Rafa Benitez, do you think they'll see it as a great appointment? I doubt it plus I think a lot of them will be feeling extremely embarressed by this latest episode of ruthlessness. I do though sense a bit of sarcasm in your post

Is it any wonder they conduct themselves the way they do regarding all the nonsense surounding John Terry and all these race claim allegations that were running around when their owner feels he can do whatever he wants just because he can brandish his colossal bank balance about, it all starts at the top and works it's way down.

i agree with what you say in the sense i feel the owner should be seen and not heard. take the acclaim for owning the club but dont make football decisions as thats not your job. they havnt played etc.

look at man city when so their owners ever get involved? very little. compare that to blackburn. owners with lots of money but they were too involved. sacked allardyce and got relegated.

but abramovic came in with chelsea in bucket loads of debt and payed alot of it off himself so he cant just be put in a box for 90 minutes once a week.

personally as a chelsea fan i loved di matteo thought he was brilliant. knew the club, respected the elder statesmen but knew how to use them and when, and i thought would be the right man to bring us throught this transition phase. but a bad month and hes gone. imo my teams loss will be another teams gain. already heard he could be in line for the napoli job. so that says alot about what hes done. sacked and already in contention for being named manager at a big italian team. im sure he'll get a very good offer soon enough. if he wants it.