FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

St Johnstone -V- ICT

Scotty

Poor, scrappy game after a very bright start by us. We struggled to retain possession, with Foran having a real off-day in that respect and Raven not much better.

Got to be happy with a point, and the clean sheet is a bit of a bonus given that we have a pretty untried youngster drafted into defence. Cooper did pretty well defensively apart from a moment of sloppiness giving the ball away 40 yards out and letting them through towards goal.

Oh, and Tade is still Tade, the good, the bad and the ugly.

We definitely looked jaded today. SJ were very unimpressive, in the first 15 min it looked like it was only a matter of when we scored. But we huffed and puffed and blew nothing down. They flooded the midfield and pressed up towards the halfway line, resulting in a congestion zone where nobody could retain possession for a couple of kicks and niggle little fouls were awarded non-stop. We scrapped but no moves came off and we couldn't break down the back four who held resolute all day. We had a great chance early on which could have made a different game, but nothing really came off. A Shinnie looked tired, Foran invisible. Mackay shepherded by two markers wherever he went. We had one chance in the whole of the second half. Pity, because SJ looked feeble compared to Midden, if well drilled in how to kill a game. Essentially their plan was to lull us into a coma, and they nearly did. The youngsters who came on looked far livelier than anyone else, which only emphasised how low the batteries were in our first eleven.

Looks like our sharpshooters are ready for the winter break, ICT have had a remarkable first half of the season it is bound to get more and more difficult as the opposition study our play but I'm sure the lads have some more tricks up their sleeves for the second half and will return to their scoring ways.

One more massive effort on Wed. and then they can have that much deserved break.

This has been the most exciting season in a long long time and the second half is going to be taxing for all Teams,  should be a real rollercoaster and not for the faint hearted.

Good luck to the lads in the away derby, going to be a difficult result and score line to predict but my belief is still with the ICT, close but decisive.

Come on ICT go for it.           :ictscarf:

tiredness (of the mind, i refuse to accept these athletes are physically tired), mixed with a big going around right now, which seemed to effect doran, and draper before today, aswell as making esson unavailable on wednesday, resulted in us being not the team we can be.

scrappy game, all in all, il take the point, keeps us second going into new year.

We looked tired - mentally more than physically. Defensively we were sound against a St Johnstone side lacking, in equal measure, in imagination and any form of passion from the stands. OTJ and Warren did a good shift, and the 1st team experience is clearly working for young Cooper

But all too often our offensive play was 3 steps forward 2 steps back - everyone seemed to need too much time to think today. The winter break is coming at exactly the right time for us, but one last big effort next Wednesday will do nicely Mr Butcher.

We certainly started better than St's and Andy Shinnie almost scored early on after a superb burst into the box.  St's grew into the game and by half time the match had levelled out.  They had plenty ball in the second half but never really troubled Reguero.  Good point at the end of the day, disappointed to stop the scoring run, lets hope it's not a permanent thing.

bbc stats are rubbish, Mannus made at least four saves, however they only show one on target, even their report has him saving a few, so how come???

Good away crowd, something like 365, that's one for every day of the year..........

Not sure I like the fact that Shinnie and Foran were subbed, lets hope it was just fatigue, and time some folk laid off Roberts, he's just a kid.  Have a go at Doran if you want though, he has been unable to get to the byeline for a month now, shape up mun.

Personally I thought that we altered the shape of the team. Warren probably had to be more of the sweeper which he does effectively enuff but limits any forward movement and we were reduced to more punting than usual. I also feel that we played too many moves down the left flank and Graeme Shinnie was left usually with a ball down the line to a covered player. But the biggest two gaffe was playing Andy Shinnie in no mans land plus allowing McKay to foray back and he was quite often in midfield in the second half. Also very surprised that we didn't utilise the aerial threat of Foran more often and our dead ball play was woeful.

But I was disappointed that we didn't pick up three points against midden but I would have taken a point at the off yesterday as perf has never been a point taking venue, as wee Luke says - one last effort at Tinkerville and we start off the new year in style and in second place.

Personally I thought that was one of the most dire matches I've seen in a long time. And I include the 5-1 defeat to Motherwell amongst that,

The majority of the game saw a 'herd' of players moving around the park as one. This meant there was little room to move and create anything.
Foran had a woeful game and I was glad to see him hooked. Right decision. Conor Pepper seemed to inject a little life into proceedings (and plenty enthusiasm) but with the other lads already seemingly playing for the draw, there was little much more the lad could have done.
Roberts was OK when he came on, but I was disappointed he wasn't closing down the keeper enough or quicker to chase the ball down when there was acres of space in front of him.

One thing I thought may have effected the game was the 'clash of kits'. We'd have been as well playing in our home kit. A see of blue and white all over the park. St's would have been better wearing thier yellow strip and ourselves our home strip. Far more identifyable.

One thing I thought may have effected the game was the 'clash of kits'. We'd have been as well playing in our home kit. A see of blue and white all over the park. St's would have been better wearing thier yellow strip and ourselves our home strip. Far more identifyable.

Our combination was something of a crime against fashion but I don't see what other option there was if Saints were (presumably) insistent on wearing their home kit.