FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Boosting attendances

12th Man

Aye but you may then get there and find yourself and your young impressionable family being subjected to songs and chants containing words that you dont want your young family to hear. or chants referring to sexual acts being performed by certain players. I say that because I know for a fact there are people who wont go to games because of what they hear from the stands.

Sorry Alex your fired.

I know for a fact that  some people find excuses to avoid doing anything, I have lost count of the excuses heard for not going, why not start by telling people why you enjoy going to the games. 

I take on board all the points made but the very subject of falling crowds came up recently in the company of friends I used to go to Brockville with. A couple of those people stopped going when they had children for the reasons I mention. Guys that would chant the same and probably more vile slogans at games who have grown up a bit and are trying to take responsibility in the education of their kids. Yes you'll hear it in the playground. Why? In my day we'd get belted for it. Even today, though its become an acceptable form of speech, I censor myself in the company of women and children. Thats not to say I wont hurl a few choice expletives at a match. The guys I mention are not making excuses. These are staunch Falkirk fans that are very likely to return to the games when their kids are of age to do their own thing. But for now they choose not to subject the children to football profanities. Personally I only have respect for their stance on this.