FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Butcher offski?

Pele_Is_God

A narcissist would look to keeping this going for as long as possible. I would suspect that a statement would be most effectively timed to hit the press on Friday - therefore ensuring that the ensuing euphoria has at least 24 hours to rise to a crescendo at Easter Road on Saturday. TB could be the ultimate ICT icon by Saturday afternoon and will soak in the tumultuous response to his final whistle rendition.

Immortal Howden Ender - this is getting very, very boring.

But perhaps much closer to the truth than many suspect - and a "theory" that makes sense - PLUS what I am also saying is that I want Terry Butcher to stay - as I am convinced that he will - He has a job to finish here - He is the best manager EVER - but this Hibs (Barnsley) palaver is feckin NONSENSE. Let us just see if my boring, stoopid prophecies come to feckin light.

I so hope you are right IHE!

The only way he will stay will be if there are factors outwith his control that prevent him going.  After the Barnsley fiasco there is no way he would be talking to Hibs if he was not serious about wanting away to a bigger club.  The Barnsley fiasco was unsettling for the club and despite all the happy clappy, pats on the back stuff about his decision to stay, his actions demonstrated that actually he wanted away and the form of the team took a significant slump soon afterwards.  If he cared for this club and actually wanted to stay he would not risk that again.

Having then pledged that he was committed to seeing his contract out, he has now broken his word. The message this gives to the players is that he does not believe they are capable of winning silverware or getting into Europe this year.  If he really believed in the team then surely he would stay on and enjoy the experience and kudos that success would bring.  Let's face it, Butcher has never won anything as a manager and he's not going to win anything at Hibs.  He is destroying his own chances of success as well sabotaging the club's chance of success that he has been instrumental in creating.  Any credibility that he had belief in and loyalty towards the team has been shot to pieces.

Whether he goes or stays, the damage has been done.  Best for the club that a compensation package is thrashed out as soon as possible and we can get on and appoint a manager who actually does believe in the squad and can restore their faith in themselves.  We then just might go on and achieve the success that this season has been promising. 

• Agree 3

The only way he will stay will be if there are factors outwith his control that prevent him going.  After the Barnsley fiasco there is no way he would be talking to Hibs if he was not serious about wanting away to a bigger club.  The Barnsley fiasco was unsettling for the club and despite all the happy clappy, pats on the back stuff about his decision to stay, his actions demonstrated that actually he wanted away and the form of the team took a significant slump soon afterwards.  If he cared for this club and actually wanted to stay he would not risk that again.

Having then pledged that he was committed to seeing his contract out, he has now broken his word. The message this gives to the players is that he does not believe they are capable of winning silverware or getting into Europe this year.  If he really believed in the team then surely he would stay on and enjoy the experience and kudos that success would bring.  Let's face it, Butcher has never won anything as a manager and he's not going to win anything at Hibs.  He is destroying his own chances of success as well sabotaging the club's chance of success that he has been instrumental in creating.  Any credibility that he had belief in and loyalty towards the team has been shot to pieces.

Whether he goes or stays, the damage has been done.  Best for the club that a compensation package is thrashed out as soon as possible and we can get on and appoint a manager who actually does believe in the squad and can restore their faith in themselves.  We then just might go on and achieve the success that this season has been promising. 

It's about the right time of night for Horlicks I suppose!

This is opportunism at its best.

What harm could it do to Mr Butcher's career if he stayed until the end of the season? There will always be another Hibs or another Barnsley--depending entirely on his performance, of course.

But, assuming the team does very well from now on I am sure that after the season ends he would have been sought after by a large English club with an offer which he could honourably accept and thus leave with plaudits ringing in his ears.

It is very difficult to say that the presence of his two assistants were the driving force behind his success to date but, without them I think his task in improving ICT to the current level would have immeasurably more difficult to achieve.

Although I also think that many English Managers have been in ongoing direct contact with him offering him the opportunity of assessing and/or taking their younger players on loan for relatively short periods of time. In this connection this suited them very well since those players' real ability to rise to the challenge of the Scottish Premier League game would have been revealed which would have enhanced their value to that club greatly and, for Terry, it allowed an uplift in the overall performance of ICT.

Whether that uplift for ICT  was ultimately going to be long term or short term I rather fancy the latter since Terry had to leave sooner rather than later.

His policy of taking good young prospects from England  on a continuous basis did no harm to his own career prospects since, if one failed at relatively very minimal cost to the club and to him, then there was always another one waiting in the wings to take his place. So, if you are an admirer of strategic decision making with a very forward-looking bias, then  you have to hand it to him for his vision if nothing else.

If he is off to Hibs then good luck to him I suppose. But I am personally left with a feeling of perplexed incredulity  and a feeling of disappointment that somehow we have been taken advantage of rather than having benefitted greatly.  He may be the winner of this bout but will ICT continue to prosper under a new Manager without his having the same the same contacts in England.

Each of you can answer that question for yourself but, as for Scarlet Baby, he honestly feels that, without having received any notice whatsoever, we have been left high and dry or--up the creek without a paddle, dears. Not exactly a very classy move Terry.

Finally, I feel sorry for the hard working Board of ICT and particularly Kenny Cameron who appears to me to be a very decent and highly dedicated gentleman. :ponder: This must be a blow to the heart. :sad:

It's quite amusing that we look to the Hibs forums for any snippets of information, while the Hibs fans appear to be constantly referencing things they've read on this forum! :laugh:

If that's the case then a very reliable source for the West Coast Journal has stated 'Hibernian to go into administration to get Butcher and Malpas. A source from within the club said it was the only option left to Hibernian FC to prevent them becoming the footballing equivalent of Gretna....pish'

Edited by Tichy_Blacks_Back

Loads of press tv cameras outside ground an announcement or something maybe happening today ?

Outside TCS? Hmmmm surely that favours us unless they are just snooping about. TB would not announce he was the Hibs manager outside our ground. Would he?

Sky Sports News reporting nothing signed and Terry has returned to the Highlands to "consider his options". They are also saying Hibs have refused to comment on a possible problem concerning Mo and Steve.