FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Butcher offski?

Pele_Is_God

Gutted. Reckon it will be Shearer and Christie taking the team tomorrow.

Butcher will be a huge loss but to be honest the blow would have been softened if Marsella was staying. Unfortunately cant see it.

Feel absolutely numb

even though they have more money they wont be able to sign all of them and there stock will be higher so Terry going to have to folk out if he wants some of them. But maybe the players will wait to see how the season pans out. Butcher looks to have gone but we havent any official confirmation and we are talking about players futures we have a little while until Butcher can do anything

Gutted dosent describe it. These have been the best 5 years I've ever had as an ICT supporter. We became his club. He was supposed to see this through and he is off to basically start all over again. 

There was more history for him to make here but he has made his choice. A new chapter begins, I will be there for the start of it. 

• Agree 2

Most successful ICT manager ever, it doesn't get much better than where we are at the moment.  He leaves the club in a massively better position than it was when he took over, and for all that, I thank him.

But at the same time, I also wish him every possible misfortune.

• Agree 6

upset like everyone but we must regroup get behind the boys and show that Butcher may have jumped ship but the fans will never. Nothing major has changed at the moment we are still in a semi final, decent chance to make the 5th round of the Scottish cup and still flying high in the league. The players will be professional and whoever comes in should continue on the good work. We can't become a bad team overnight just because Butcher has gone

• Agree 1

It wouldn't be so bad if Butcher was away to a premier league or even a championship team in England but to go to a rival club in the same league is bitterly disappointing especially considering they are a team that has been lower than us. I know there has been no offical confirmation yet but it is looking more and more likely that he is away. Absolutely gutted !!!!!

Hopefully the club will offer some new deals to our soon to be out of contract players in case they are targets for Butcher. If we were to lose them then hopefully we could at least get some money for them rather than lose them on a PCA.

It took TB about 3 years IMO to get the this team to where he wanted it and we're all seeing the benefits. Hibs clearly need a rebuild job. Will he be given the same amount of time to make his mark on them or indeed the same control over all aspects of football? I think not!

Certainly thanks him for everything he did here but disappointed that he left before the end of the season.

Onwards and upwards

Cut the negativity. These guys will not succeed at Hibs. ICT never lies down and history is likely to result with them falling on their swords in a few years time after yet another defeat by ICT. When Rangers return to the top flight in two years time, there will be little room for Hibs to be successful. Even next year Rangers will be a major force in cup competitions. The ICT formula will not work at Hibs. Ross County may well eliminate them from the Scottish Cup this year then what do they play for? A management team driven by short term increased salaries!!

• Agree 2

He wont get the same time at Hibs. None of the previous 1000 have. As Lib says he has a major rebuilding job. Too many overrated and aged players in that team with the ultimate goal of getting back to where they were around a decade ago. 

Not that I wish him ill but I hope the club fall apart faster than an X factor contestant with a sob story...they really dont deserve him. 

I suspect the Butcher/Malpas/Marsella package was offered as a take it or leave it....and Hibs have taken it.

Assuming all the assumptions are correct, I am really gutted at this: I really wish he'd seen us to the end of the season. I met TB a few times and really liked him, but I am struggling to wish him well, given the fact he has gone to a rival team. Thanks, yes - good wishes stick in the throat at the moment, especially if the expected raid on our team happens in January. I just hope they have to endure another management team lifting the league cup in April and leading the team to Europe at the end of the season. Hibs won't do anything this year for sure (Dross County likely to dump them out of the cup in a couple of weeks), so you just wonder how long he'll get there....

Now for the positive: no manager is ever bigger than the club and ICT will go on. Who knows - the new man might have even more success than TB....and the charisma to hold onto our stars in January. Onward and upward - starting tomorrow!

• Agree 2

Gutted. I can not see the rationale behind this move (assuming it is confirmed). Despite this I want to thank the departing management team for everything. They have helped the club be taken more seriously in Scottish football and given us fans some days we couldn't have dreamed of before. I just hope a new manager can carry on his work.

TBH I was more gutted when Pele signed for a flock of seagulls.

We sit 3rd in the league, we are in a cup semi-final, we will be inundated with CVs and I trust the Board to pick the right man for the job.

Onwards and upwards, Europe here we come.

• Agree 1

I don't suppose he'll be anywhere to be seen tomorrow?. Don't tell me it's out of respect to ICT, he didn't want to take the flak from the support. Makes tomorrow a day to be there for your team. Wasn't planning it but I'm going now.

• Agree 4