FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

CJT cup semi final statement

davie

Something else to ponder, perhaps it has already been mentioned, is that our club has additional hotel expenses for the team. Whilst Hearts players have a cozy night in their own beds and wake up fresh, ICT will try to sleep in some strange bed at a huge additional cost to the club. Is that fair? There is no way that ICT could travel down to Auld Reekie on the Sunday morning.

• Agree 1

Brilliant letter from Davie.

It is quite comical actually what the SPFL has done. Organise a semi final in the back yard of one team, supported by the First Minister, and set a time when the opposition basically cannot get its supporters to the match without breaking all rules about the sustainable use of transport.

He has had no influence over this decision but we could have Alex Salmond sitting comfortably with his fellow Hearts supporters and the opposition snookered because the SPFL blatantly ignored his Government's national transport policy:

• Reduce emissions to tackle climate change
  • Improve quality, accessibility and affordability of transport, to give people the choice of public transport and real alternatives to the car

On the assumption that a few thousand of us set off on the morning of the game in a mass convoy of cars, we encounter snow or other road restrictions, what sort of message will the BBC send to the outside world?

Picture Manchester United reaching a Semi Final against Chelsea and the English FA then choosing Manchester City's Etihad Stadium as the neutral venue with say an 11 am kick off because there was a Rugby match on the BBC at 13.00? Or maybe Carlisle reaching a Semi Final against Fulham and the game played at Chelsea's ground.

The Hearts supporters this season have been absolutely fantastic. However, I am sure a few of them are thinking 'we might outnumber the ICT support by 16:1 with this decision. Thank goodness the SPFL chose a venue 3.6 miles away.'

Now Alex, what do you think?

This happens every season as all FA Cup semi finals are now played at Wembley.. a pig of a ground to get to and get away from..

Last year Wigan reached the semi and had a Sunday kick off at 4pm I think, which meant that the fans would have to leave at half time to get home on the train!

• Agree 1

Playing "Devil's Advocate" here, will the fact that on more than one occasion Celtic are asked to play at 12:30 on a Sunday in Inverness (29th December 2013). I totally agree with the "neutral ground" argument but there are so many evidential times that teams supporters have to travel outwith "service transport" times that we are onto a loser with the kick-off time argument.

"very competitive pricing.....takes into account the time of year and the economic challenges facing many supporters"

says Doncaster in that statement, hoping that nobody has noticed the 25% price increase since last year, when it was at the same time of year and supporters faced the very same economic challenges.

Edited by Yngwie
  • Agree 3

There's also the bit about fan feedback? Was anyone asked for feedback on last years venue etc?

The Hearts fans, who said they were very happy with the venue last year and would like more of the same please    :whistle:

Edited by Rasczak
  • Agree 1

Just had another look and a fact I can't get over is why no team has been allocated South and Famous five upper tier.

"Heart of Midlothian: West Stand Upper & Lower, East Stand, South Stand Lower and Famous Five Stand Lower; Easter Road Stadium"

http://spfl.co.uk/news/article/league-cup-semi-final-prices-announced/#86hs1rc401hfh1dC.99

Would be ridiculous if it's empty and the game is on the television.

• Agree 1

I Imagine the Spfl will want to keep the venue and ko the same and will push for discounted supporters buses, forgive me for stating the obvious but how do fans get to the stadium or the supporters club in time for a probable 7am departure on a Sunday

Usually just drive to the stadium and leave the car there. That's assuming everyone has a car

I Imagine the Spfl will want to keep the venue and ko the same and will push for discounted supporters buses, forgive me for stating the obvious but how do fans get to the stadium or the supporters club in time for a probable 7am departure on a Sunday

Usually just drive to the stadium and leave the car there. That's assuming everyone has a car

I could pick up 4 people on the way from the Culduthel area if that's any help.

Thanks for the offer it wasn't a personal plea for help but the post was to highlight that perhaps some fans rely on public transport, there aren't any local buses running that early around the city, our rural fans don't have a hope of getting to Edinburgh for a lunchtime Sunday KO