FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Brill Injury

Laurence

Hi

I was wondering does he need a full knee reconstruction

Knee reconstruction is used a lot in sport these days

Peterson the Minnesota Vikings running back had a full knee reconstruction and returned to run the next season for over 2000 gain yards I am told. 

So does anyone know the true state of his knee?

Well they popped his knee back in on the pitch, so i would assume now they would wait for any swelling to go down before they actually start x-raying it and making decisions on it. One thing for sure is if it was the same knee he did before he won't be back for the rest of the season and probably the first part of next season. 

So dam sad

ACL and MCL injuries can be fixed

As Adrian Peterson record shows

On December 24, 2011, Peterson was injured by DeJon Gomes and needed help off the field in a 33–26 victory over the Washington Redskins. He was placed onto injured reserve due to a torn ACL and MCL on December 26, 2011.

For the first time in his career, Peterson failed to record a 1,000-yard season after playing only 12 games during the year.

2012: MVP Year[edit]

Peterson started Week 1, although his status was listed as questionable. He rushed for 84 yards and two touchdowns in his first game in eight months after his ACL and MCL tear. He passed Robert Smith to become the number one Vikings rusher of all time.[85] By Week 16, Peterson was leading the NFL in rushing with 1,898 yards and averaging 6.0 yards a carry. He also had 11 touchdowns, with a further 215 yards receiving.

Entering Week 17, he needed 208 yards to break the NFL single-season record for the most rushing yards (2,105), set in 1984 by Eric Dickerson. That week, the Vikings played the Green Bay Packers needing a win to clinch a playoff berth. The game was tied at 34 in the fourth quarter when Peterson ran 26 yards, setting the Vikings up for a game-winning field goal with three seconds left. The Vikings chose the field goal, which sent them to the playoffs, but also left Peterson nine yards short of breaking the record. Peterson became the second player (Earl Campbell, 1980) to rush for 150 or more yards in seven games during an NFL season and had 1,019 yards after contact. He finished 2012 with 2,097 rushing yards, the second-most ever for a running back in a single season.

Slightly off topic, I found this an interesting read. Our former centre half Chris Hogg wrote a blog documenting his experience of recovering from a long term knee injury and the setbacks he had to overcome along the way...

http://chrishoggthefightback.blogspot.co.uk/

Edited by AlexJones

Brill knee complete move right out of place and have to me put back into place. Source 'Ryan esson' brill will have surgery on Thursday in London and shall have to take it from there.