FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

forwards, or lack of them !

caley1980

Very concerned about the lack of forward cover over the coming weeks.

Apart form Bayne, we have a youngster yet to impress on a regular basis at SPL level and a striker in his mid 30's who has played only a few minutes of top flight football this season.

Rory was excellent for 75 mins against Celtic and deserves his chance, but is it fair to expect him to produce that form week in week out?

We SHOULD have moved to bring in attacking cover during the transfer window, I hope it's not going to cost us.

We SHOULD have moved to bring in attacking cover during the transfer window, I hope it's not going to cost us.

Do you honestly think that CC didn't try and get someone in to cover injuries?

I'm quite interested to see how Rory fares on Saturday.

Bare in mind we have the likes of...

Paatelainen

McSwegan

Barry Wilson

Who can all pull a shift up front along with Bayne.

And by all accounts Dargo's injury isn't as bad as first feared, and could be back in as little as 3 weeks.

To be honest, i think we are all just panicking because we aren't used to having more than 3/4 players injured all at once!!

Have little doubt some form of attempt was made to bring in a new forward during the window, but the bottom line is it failed!

Lets hope Dargo's return IS just a few weeks away, and the Bayne / Rory partnership can bring their Celtic form into Saturday's game with United.

Given that we are in no real danger of relegation, there is no ned to panic.

It's an opportunity to see how Rory handles a run of games in the first team. The last time he had that chance under Craig Brewster he was clearly not nearly as mature in terms of physical development as he is now as well as being somewhat naive and overawed by the situation.

I certainly am not panicking but I was dissappointed that we didnt manage to get any cover in for the forwards in the window.

Considering the recent speculation that Liam Buchanan has been watched and was rumoured to be coming in the summer why was a move not made in this window for cover and to acclimatise to the team?

I feel McCallister did play well at the weekend and was a lot better than i expected but for me seemed to be lacking not just match sharpness but overall fitness, it looked to me that he was tiring after about on an hour which isn't a great sign.

McSwegan has looked lively whenever i've seen him come on and i believe can do a good job for us providing he stays clear of injury.

Bayne i have no qualms about, tough as old boots and could run all day amd is popping up with more goals now which is pleasing.

Realistically having 3 recognised forwards of which 2 have not played a lot is not a great situation to be in.

Both Dargs & Denzil out, no-one in to cover, so now its gonna be interesting to see what partnership Graham & Rory can forge, after Sundays escapades I'm not duly worried (OK only on 1 games show) but we know what GB can do and Rory didn't look short on confidence and definitely didn't look out of his depth.

Before we know it CD & DW will be back, lets hope its not easy for them to walk back into the team !!

Guest Arab4Ever

No sure about that Harry! Zander vs the big lunk Kenneth?  anyway Barry can do a job up front, with Patti or Zander on the wing(s).

And theres Lee Wilkie who is 6 ft 5. How old is this Zander? I assume its Sutherland your on about.

Kenneth is awful IMO. Is he really seen as a future Scotland player? Any time I have seen him he looks slow, clumsy and generally off the pace. Might have improved since then but I think he culd be a weak link.

Guest Arab4Ever

Kenneth is awful IMO. Is he really seen as a future Scotland player? Any time I have seen him he looks slow, clumsy and generally off the pace. Might have improved since then but I think he culd be a weak link.

You could also view Wilkie as a weak link too. He has looked good so far but does seem nervous to commit, in risk of getting what would surely be a career ending injury.

If the situation proves desperate, I heard on Sportsound last night that Tam McManus has been released by Falkirk and is therefore available outwith the transfer window. His name's been mentioned on this board before but has generally been dismissed because of his off-the-field discipline and failure to fulfil his potential on it. However, would there be a case for offering him a short-term contract (assuming he doesn't still think he's worth more than we can offer)? We are, after all, the "second chance club"  [© M. Brown.].

Guest Get_off_the_park_Wyness!

No he'd do alright as a makeshift forward I think. He's good in the air, can beat a man - and he's a decent finisher with both feet. He'd certainly be a handfull.

We have already talked about this. I have suggested that Blackie and Rory start and McSwegan could come on after the hour. He has tunnel vision about Royster as I suggested Duncan but he again agreed that it should be Pat O'Linnen for Bazza in the closing minutes. i suggested he keeps one back to play fer time.