FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Yogi Comments Re Collins

Pele_Is_God

He didn't really back him as such, he just said he understood his views but didn't support him.  He then went on stay that Celtic have the biggest budget so therefore get the pick of the best players etc etc

I did like Derek Macinnes comment about Collins: "he got a lot to say for an assistant manager" 

He's not totally wrong, even if it's not nice to hear. Yes there are isolated occasions where the smaller teams can ruffle the feathers but over the course of a season they cruise it at a canter, and in comparison to European teams most Scottish teams fall quite short. This is shown in the evidence that all the other teams who entered European competition are already out to handy, but quite ordinary 2nd rate European teams.

John Collins was just stating the obvious in the fact that playing against the likes of Adam Rooney, Juanma Delgado, Kris Doolan etc etc is not the same as facing Messi. And Yogi is right to state the fact that there is an obvious financial gap. There's no use whining about his comments. Better trying to prove him wrong.

• Agree 1

Did someone convince JC that Rangers would definitely be in the Premiership this season?. LOL

There I said it.....the R word...the elephant in the room that JC has avoided with his verge of tears rant at the diddy clubs for being just.....diddy clubs. Except some of these diddies have given Celtic a hard time in games and Celtic have only just scraped wins on a number of occasions and Celtic have suffered the odd defeat from time to time from clubs with only 10% of their finances and resources. Deila contradicting Collins by bringing three so called not so clever players from Dundee Utd which benefited Celtic and sunk any competitive competition from Dundee Utd last season and this season. Or maybe Celtic themselves are not a strong as they were in the past, no one has asked that?. Deflect blame for their own diddyness in Europe on the opposition in the national league?.

Tom English on BBC raising some flaws in JC' s views http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33851626

JC is stating the bloody obvious but he didn't come across well and its nothing different from delusional frothing at the mouth from Celtic fans on Kerrydale Street forum on the subject and why no one wants them in the English Leagues either. I thought Yogi's reply was diplomatic, predictable and an attempt to play JC's comments down and we've heard it all before from the likes of John Collins anyway.

In any case I don't mind the Caley Jags handing out more humiliation to Celtic before or after they play in the Champions League, I don't suppose anyone else on here doesn't either?. :wink:

Edited by Snafu

He's not totally wrong, even if it's not nice to hear. Yes there are isolated occasions where the smaller teams can ruffle the feathers but over the course of a season they cruise it at a canter, and in comparison to European teams most Scottish teams fall quite short. This is shown in the evidence that all the other teams who entered European competition are already out to handy, but quite ordinary 2nd rate European teams.

We only lost to Astra because there wasn't enough competition for us domestically last season. Diddy teams like Celtic weren't clever enough to cope with our passing game as we cantered our way to the Scottish Cup. We should move to England IMO.

Edited by AlexJones
  • Agree 3

Did someone convince JC that Rangers would definitely be in the Premiership this season?. LOL

There I said it.....the R word...the elephant in the room that JC has avoided with his verge of tears rant at the diddy clubs for being just.....diddy clubs. Except some of these diddies have given Celtic a hard time in games and Celtic have only just scraped wins on a number of occasions and Celtic have suffered the odd defeat from time to time from clubs with only 10% of their finances and resources. Deila contradicting Collins by bringing three so called not so clever players from Dundee Utd which benefited Celtic and sunk any competitive competition from Dundee Utd last season and this season. Or maybe Celtic themselves are not a strong as they were in the past, no one has asked that?. Deflect blame for their own diddyness in Europe on the opposition in the national league?.

Tom English on BBC raising some flaws in JC' s views http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33851626

JC is stating the bloody obvious but he didn't come across well and its nothing different from delusional frothing at the mouth from Celtic fans on Kerrydale Street forum on the subject and why no one wants them in the English Leagues either. I thought Yogi's reply was diplomatic, predictable and an attempt to play JC's comments down and we've heard it all before from the likes of John Collins anyway.

In any case I don't mind the Caley Jags handing out more humiliation to Celtic before or after they play in the Champions League, I don't suppose anyone else on here doesn't either?. :wink:

I'd love it if we had 10% of the finance and resources that Celtic have....as it would be nearly twice what we have at the moment!!

Bet these comments are on every dressing room wall now. Hope that the SPFL teams all try to shove those comments down his throat. We all know they are far ahead because of finances, but no need to brag the obvious. Just shows his class, or lack of!

Absolutely hate Aberdeen and Hearts, but would love one of them to beat JC's team to the title, only if we can't ourselves.

Thought his comments after we beat them at the Scottish Cup semi final in neutral Glasgow was classless aswell. Seems to be a very poor spokesperson for Celtic.

We only lost to Astra because there wasn't enough competition for us domestically last season. Diddy teams like Celtic weren't clever enough to cope with our passing game as we cantered our way to the Scottish Cup. We should move to England IMO.

We still lost though didn't we. Ifs or buts are Celtics domain - excuses and accusations. As far as I'm concerned we just weren't good enough. Didn't score in 180 minutes suggesting that our strikers were neither quick enough or clever enough to do so. 

But as pointed out by Tom English. Celtic were out of Europe before the season even kicked off last year. Who's faults that?