FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Terry Butcher

Pele_Is_God

Good move for Partick !!

didnt much like him when he was at Rangers but there is no doubting that he along with Tony Mowbray were two of the more straight talking SPL managers in recent years. Good luck to them both.

I agree with Scotty.  Terry Butcher did a good job with Motherwell.  Don't know what went wrong in Sydney, but I would think he will land another decent job soon enough.  I wouldn't have minded seeing him as No 1 at ICT with CC as his deputy, but perhaps it is better not to open up this old chestnut again.

Much as I like TB, I wouldn't say he achieved that much more at Motherwell than Brewster/ CC have achieved here....

Maybe he could be a number 2 here if Donald ever wanted to move on.... I agree about "opening up this old chestnut again" but I suspect it is already to late....!!

Funny how no one has suggested **** Campbell could replace CC.....

not that strange a move considering the stage in the season, sure he'll have his options from both sides of the border over the summer

what he did for motherwell that brewster never stayed with us long enough to do (and probably never wouldve) was guide them through a series of economic purges on the squad that most other coaches wouldve ran a mile from and somehow kept  the club/young squad moving forward in yearly league postiions and cup competitions

im a big big fan of his, ive no doubt if he were the ict coach we would be serious contenders for a top six finish next year and would attract a quality of player to the club we havent seen before.  he'd improve everything surrounding the football side of the club; training, youth development, scouting etc  i dont remember him ever haivng a budget to spend at motherwell either, would be interesting to see what he'd do with even a small one.

him or bobby williamson would be my choice of coach if i was fortunate enough to be making these kinds of decisions

comparing his credentials to cc's is laughable, its like comparing the vatican and the ferry.

To all who've suggested that Terry Butcher did a great job at Mothersmell -

Don't forget he had an excellent Number 2 there - who is now Number 1....

TB's record anywhere else hasn't exactly been impressive.....

TB was rubbish at Sydney FC - he took a good passing team and turned them into a team of long ballers.  While I'm not a Sydney FC fan I used to enjoy the way they played.

It must have been frustrating for his midfielders to constantly watch the ball being hoofed over their heads - I know it was frustrating to watch.

Syndey now have a new Manager, thankfully, and in their Asian Champions League matches have returned to their favoured possession/passing game with great success.

Rant over

Guest Suspicious Mind

Butcher has no interest in Plastic Whistle but is using Firhole as a display for his "talents" between now and the end of the season. Usual story, keep them up he's a hero but if they go down its all DC/JB's fault.

Shrewd move and a come on to all lower SPL club chairmen.

Let's hope he falls on his arse!

I suppose Butcher's a bit better looking. Any time DC came on the TV I nearly spewed up my Campbell's condensed  :015: :015:

Who isn't better looking than DC..? He's also got a twin brother who can cause your condensed vegetable to re-appear...!!

I suppose Butcher's a bit better looking. Any time DC came on the TV I nearly spewed up my Campbell's condensed  :015: :015:

Who isn't better looking than DC..? He's also got a twin brother who can cause your condensed vegetable to re-appear...!!

Jimmy Calderwood??

As for Sydney, they are seen as the Celtic or Rangers of Australia and if thye dont finish first or second then its curtains for someone. This last season they finished third. I believe they were only formed in 2004.