The Young Team

What is wrong with these morons?

Ok I suppose you could argue that stewarding and policing were totally inadequate for such an important game but for them all to troop onto the park at the final whistle was a disgrace. Apart from the odd skirmish and pavement dance this could have turned really nasty. I believe there was trouble after the game too but thankfully I left straight after the final whistle so never saw anything.

How many times over the years have this group of neds been an embarrassment to ICT there are far too many to list but nothing ever happens. 

One positive that these types will hopefully disappear next season in the seaside leagues as they go back to follow their big teams. 

Maybe it’s society as a whole but I feel Inverness is fast becoming the biggest toilet in Scotland certainly not the safest place anymore like it was when I was growing up sadly. 

Dougal

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 2

1 hour ago, dougal said:

Ok I suppose you could argue that stewarding and policing were totally inadequate for such an important game but for them all to troop onto the park at the final whistle was a disgrace. Apart from the odd skirmish and pavement dance this could have turned really nasty. I believe there was trouble after the game too but thankfully I left straight after the final whistle so never saw anything.

How many times over the years have this group of neds been an embarrassment to ICT there are far too many to list but nothing ever happens. 

One positive that these types will hopefully disappear next season in the seaside leagues as they go back to follow their big teams. 

Maybe it’s society as a whole but I feel Inverness is fast becoming the biggest toilet in Scotland certainly not the safest place anymore like it was when I was growing up sadly. 

Dougal

When I was their age I probably wouldn't have wanted away fans taking over our house either the fault lies solely with stewarding and policing initially allowing the Accies supporters on to the pitch. With regards to heading back to their big teams the younger crew have less baggage in that respect than their older counterparts who always had a big team and a small team ( Highland League) growing up in Inverness I know I did. I saw a guy in his 60s in the cold weather wearing an ICT scarf and Rangers gloves in the main stand this season so lets not start preaching and hoping that much needed revenue, and game day atmosphere disappears out the door ( leaving just the faint rustling of Werthers) I'm 58 so remember the reality of terracing which could be violent without the need for choreography.  All clubs need to attract a younger support they are the life blood of the club like it or not. 

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 2

2 hours ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

Aye bring back those glory, holy days of the 70's and 80's 😃

Reminiscing of such an era from memory you were the only Caley fan I knew who ever ran from Elgin. But then you had previous being a Septic scarfer running from Aberdeen and Hibs casuals. 

Dougal

• Funny 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

The old duffers in our support are desperate for lifelong younger fans to support the Old Firm because it helps them feel better about their own Glasgow leaning cowardice

Excluding this old duffer!

Edited by IBM
Typo
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1

4 hours ago, Leaky Blinder said:

When I was their age I probably wouldn't have wanted away fans taking over our house either the fault lies solely with stewarding and policing initially allowing the Accies supporters on to the pitch. With regards to heading back to their big teams the younger crew have less baggage in that respect than their older counterparts who always had a big team and a small team ( Highland League) growing up in Inverness I know I did. I saw a guy in his 60s in the cold weather wearing an ICT scarf and Rangers gloves in the main stand this season so lets not start preaching and hoping that much needed revenue, and game day atmosphere disappears out the door ( leaving just the faint rustling of Werthers) I'm 58 so remember the reality of terracing which could be violent without the need for choreography.  All clubs need to attract a younger support they are the life blood of the club like it or not. 

No police were in attendance in the north stand for sure! 

4 hours ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

The old duffers in our support are desperate for lifelong younger fans to support the Old Firm because it helps them feel better about their own Glasgow leaning cowardice

Sad and deluded mindset. A home awaits at parkhead or ibrox for you.  

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, RiG said:

At least some people on the pitch showed a bit of fight. 

Just shows how daft the young team are anyone who indulged in that kind of behaviour on the pitch in full view of live tv cameras have to be a few sandwiches short of a picnic. 

Wouldn't  be surprised if there will be a few banning orders dished out as a result. 

Having said what I found most amusing were the ones that stood at the half line but refused to cross the line like it was some sort of barrier. 

Dougal

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, dougal said:

Just shows how daft the young team are anyone who indulged in that kind of behaviour on the pitch in full view of live tv cameras have to be a few sandwiches short of a picnic. 

Wouldn't  be surprised if there will be a few banning orders dished out as a result. 

Having said what I found most amusing were the ones that stood at the half line but refused to cross the line like it was some sort of barrier. 

Dougal

Yes, mental barrier!! Deficiency of gray matter or moral guidance for mostly young gullible schoolboys. The others are a lost cause! 

Edited by big cherly
  • Like 1

Most of the young team will be decent and ICT fans. We need them now more than ever to remain supporting the club. 

Plonkers who throw vapes (or whatever it was at last 2 home games) onto the pitch, or enter the pitch looking for a square go, do one. We don't need your type. 

Grumpy old Victor Meldrew's, stop stereotyping the young team. 

• Funny 1

6 hours ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

Don’t forget, if not already, you will be an old duffer yourself one day

8 minutes ago, Duke of Inverness said:

Most of the young team will be decent and ICT fans. We need them now more than ever to remain supporting the club. 

Plonkers who throw vapes (or whatever it was at last 2 home games) onto the pitch, or enter the pitch looking for a square go, do one. We don't need your type. 

Grumpy old Victor Meldrew's, stop stereotyping the young team. 

Duke, I thought you gave up going to games a few months ago.

3 hours ago, dougal said:

Dougal

Likely following Big Duncs instructions to play it safe, go sideways and not take any risks in the other half 

• Funny 2

On 5/19/2024 at 9:34 AM, dougal said:

Dougal

As I've said on another thread as well as on Twitter, a helluva lot of the "fans" who pitch invaded in response to the Hamilton fan, were one timers and will have never been before or again.

The actual fans that entered the pitch went straight over to shout at the board/SG.

Just cos you're not willing to take action and protest how our club has been run over the past few years, it doesn't give you the right to label fans who've funnelled thousands of pounds into this club as "neds" cos of their reaction.

• Agree 1
  • Well Said 4