FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Keogh to County?

davieB

Agreed, he's got the sort of passion, ability and commitment that would benefit any team - it's a shame he's had such major injury problems, otherwise I think he would still be with us. Would be a real loss if he did give up the game, but I can imagine he's thinking more long-term now - I didn't realise just how old he was!

i was shocked when we let him go (but not really at the same time, due to his injury record), remember him having a couple of great games for us this season, gutted for him to be honest

he can come work for me if county dont want him, we'll kick footballs about on our breaks and batter 2 footed challenges into visitng itialians at the weekend, ritual burnings of charlie christie dolls etc

If it wasn't for injuries Keogh would have been one of the first names on the ICT team sheet every week, of that I am in little doubt.

He has a difficult decision ahead of him.  At 27 he maybe has 5 or 6 good years of football left in him if he can stay injury free, but if he goes that route then he still has to look to what kind of future he has beyond that.  He's not going to earn the kind of money playing football that will allow him to build any kind of significant nest-egg and from the way he's talking it doesn't look like the coaching side of the game is something he is interested in either.

Personally I think his passion for the game will see him take up an offer with C*unty and who knows, if he stays injury free and refind form then he may find a contract at a higher level in a couple of seasons time to reward that decision.

I tell you something, a few of our current players could learn a thing or two from Keogh about splitting a defence with a well placed through ball.  It's just a shame we aren't so hot at recording assists in the SPL because I reckon he'd be right at the top of that table for ICT.

Good luck to him.

also interesting to see Pele finally get Marino Keith - a player he was rumoured to have wanted to sign for ICT for years.

never rated keogh,never saw anything special from him to change my mind,we were top heavy with mids anyway so no loss markus will be better than him anyway

1) Markus is a completely different player to Keogh  :017:

2) Never saw anything special? Must have missed his goal v Clyde that essentially put us in the driving seat for the SFL1 title all those years ago  :017:

2) Never saw anything special? Must have missed his goal v Clyde that essentially put us in the driving seat for the SFL1 title all those years ago  :017:
oh so 1 goal out of so many games make,s him world class does it :014: :017:

cough beckham cough

TREASON!!

you must be too young to remember his first season in an ict shirt, where he couldnt score for about 20 games in a row, but tried harder than anybody could possibly for the club.  the commitment he showed through that period made him a fans favorite

nevermind his goal against clyde, his punch up with kisnorbo, punching christie in training (allegedly!  thus ending any chance of playing for us again), his legendary run of missing sitters or anything else funny he did for ict; he was one of the hardest working and loyal players we've ever had.

if the christie punch story is untrue then its criminal that cc prefers duncan or mcbain over a fit keogh