FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Team for tonight

Granty24

is niculae allowed to play ??

I think that would depend on whether or not he would still be classed as a "Trialist", I'm guessing that as he has been signed subject to Work Permit that it may exclude him from playing in that capacity.

is niculae allowed to play ??

I think that would depend on whether or not he would still be classed as a "Trialist", I'm guessing that as he has been signed subject to Work Permit that it may exclude him from playing in that capacity.

or can he play because he isnt technically signed until the work permit is granted ? guess we will find out from the team lines ......

Was that the final score, who played, what happened?

More than one hour after the final whistle and I can't find anything anywhere to tell me the score.

Is there something that can be done to sort out some form of text the score to someone at a pc somewhere in the world to let the rest of us know scheme?......co.uk

From an Elgin City messageboard:

Caley won 3-0.

First goal - their boy fell over by tripping over his own feet and the ref gave a free kick just outside the box. They scored when the shot was deflected past the keeper.

Second goal - seconds after the break. A defensive mix-up and they walked the ball into the net (despite David Hind's courageous attempt to get sent off by saving it with his hand!)

Third goal - a through ball which caught out Hind and the keeper being indecisive - their man stepped in and scored through the keeper's legs.

There's no doubt Caley were the better team - bigger and stronger and fitter. I'd rate our players pretty well though. Some good passing though it has to be said not muh end product. Saturday against County should give a more realistic impression.

I wouldn't say the team looked significantly weaker than last season's but then again you can't tell much from the first pre-season friendly!

Easy win against an shambolic outfit,  I would think Clach will give us a harder game tomorrow night.

First goal a deflected free kick from Barry Wilson

Second goal 20 seconds after restart,  Dennis Wyness lob hit the inside of the post came out to Rankin who did his best to miss but hit the defender on the line and squidshed into the corner

Third goal,  long ball in behind the centre back,  Hart nipped in and put it between the keepers legs.

team

Fraser, Tokely, Hastings, Caff, munro, McBain, Wilson, Hart, Rankin, Wyness, Bayne. 

Everyone did ok except maybe Wyness,  wasn't his night had upteen attempts and couldn't score.  Score could easily have been 10-0  We were so much fitter as you would expect and quite sharp.

Subs were Vigurs, Zander, Wood and Kerr  who all did really well when they came on

Thats pretty much spot on from the City fan for the goals.

Wasn't a great game. We were awful in the first half, better in the second. One thing i was pleased with was the communication between our players; lots of shouting between defenders and mike fraser to tell eachother where the opposition are, who to play it to etc.

Team was

-----------------------------Fraser------------------------------

Tokely-----------Caff------------------Munro-------------Hastings

Wislon----------Hart-------------------McBain-----------Rankin

-----------------Wyness---------------Bayne--------------------

With subs of Zander Sutherland, Garry Wood, Guy Kerr and No.16 (whoever that was!!!) at varying times in the last 20mins

I think No 16 was Ian Vigurs??

Had to laugh at Hart 'winning' the free kick for the first goal - took a fresh air shot, tripped himself up and the ref gave a free kick  :015:

The players look really fit but I think they need more match practice

No new faces on show then... a visit to Grant street tomorrow is on the cards.

It'll certainly be interesting to see who plays in defence tomorrow night as all our current defenders played tonight!!

Should be a few trialists on show - Deano and Rory up front??