FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

interesting email forwaded to me

Tug

Muslims who want to live under Islamic Sharia law were told on Wednesday to get out of Australia , as the government targeted radicals in a bid to head off potential terror attacks.

A day after a group of mainstream Muslim leaders pledged loyalty to Australia and her Queen at a special meeting with Prime Minister John Howard, he and his Ministers made it clear that extremists would face a crackdown. Treasurer Peter Costello, seen as heir apparent to Howard, hinted that some radical clerics could be asked to leave the country if they did not accept that Australia was a secular state, and its laws were made by parliament.

'If those are not your values, if you want a country which has Sharia law or a theocratic state, then Australia is not for you', he said on National Television.'I'd be saying to clerics who are teaching that there are two laws governing people in Australia : one the Australian law and another Islamic law that is false. If you can't agree with parliamentary law, independent courts, democracy, and would prefer Sharia law and have the opportunity to go to another country, which practices it, perhaps, then, that's a better option', Costello said.

Asked whether he meant radical clerics would be forced to leave, he said those with dual citizenship could possibly be asked to move to the other country. Education Minister Brendan Nelson later told reporters that Muslims who did not want to accept local values should 'clear off. Basically people who don't want to be Australians, and who don't want, to live by Australian values and understand them, well then, they can basically clear off', he said.Separately, Howard angered some Australian Muslims on Wednesday by saying he supported spy agencies monitoring the nation's mosques.

Quote: 'IMMIGRANTS, NOT AUSTRALIANS, MUST ADAPT. Take It Or Leave It. I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Bali , we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Australians.''However, the dust from the attacks had barely settled when the 'politically correct' crowd began complaining about the possibility that our patriotism was offending others.

I am not against immigration, nor do I hold a grudge against anyone who is seeking a better life by coming to Australia .' 'However, there are a few things that those who have recently come to our country, and apparently some born here, need to understand.' 'This idea of Australia being a multi-cultural community has served only to dilute our sovereignty and our national identity. And as Australians, we have our own culture, our own society, our own language and our own lifestyle.''This culture has been developed over two centuries of struggles, trials and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom

''We speak mainly ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society .. Learn the language!''

Most Australians believe in God. This is not some Christian, right wing, political push, but a fact, because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture.''We will accept your beliefs, and will not question why. All we ask is that you accept ours, and live in harmony and peaceful enjoyment with us.

''If the Southern Cross offends you, or you don't like 'A Fair Go', then you should seriously consider a move to another part of this planet. We are happy with our culture and have no desire to change, and we really don't care how you did things where you came from. By all means, keep your culture, but do not force it on others.

'This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our Christian beliefs, or Our Way of Life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great Australian freedom,

'THE RIGHT TO LEAVE'.''If you aren't happy here then LEAVE.

We didn't force you to come here. You asked to be here. So accept the country YOU accepted.'Maybe if we circulate this amongst ourselves, BRITISH citizens will find the backbone to start speaking and voicing the same truths!

had this email forwaded on to me earlier on today...... makes you think

(N.B this is not intended as an inflamatory post merely as a thinker as to what is happening in other parts of the world. )

Although I agree with much of what is said in the statement it has one underlying flaw.....the homes many of them have left are being invaded by us telling them what they should and should not be doing there - it's a two way street and until we learn to keep our nose out in other countries then we have no place preaching to others when they come to our shores.

I agree with Caley D that the 'west' should do less meddling in the affairs of other countries, but strongly disagree with him that we should not 'preach', as he puts it, how foreigners should behave here.  If anything, I think we should do more of it, starting with a basic knowledge of spoken and written English being mandatory for permanent residents. 

I never said we shouldn't "preach" - I said we weren't in a position to preach to others when we are doing the exact same thing in their countries.  The "do as we say, not as we do" approach to world affairs is what has landed us in the mess we are in today IMO.

Reticence, political correctness et al here in Canada is the problem as far as this is concerned. Most younger immigrants to this country learn English but many , many, immigrants get stuck in ethnic enclaves where not a word of English is spoken.

The politicians, both Municipal and Federal, desperate for these immigrants' votes not only overlook this stuff but encourage this kind of inherent isolation by allowing crap like Chinese  Street signs to be put up in the main Chinese enclave of Richmond, a suburb of Vancouver where I first landed when I came to B.C. many years ago. In that Municipality there are even Malls where, I have been told, caucasians are not welcome and may be refused service.

In North Vancouver and West Vancouver where residents are  in the upper income brackets ---in West Van it is more like stratosphere brackets----- the residents are from many countries, e.g.strong Iranian  or Iraqi communities comprised of people who have have fled the mother country , keep a low profile and do not draw unnecessary attention to themselves. These rich people are still very clannish with their own folk t hough and , although Canada is  multi-racial country, the melding of  the different ethnic "sects" (for want of a better word) is more of a conscious effort on the part of a lot of people rather than an actuality.

I completely agree with the comments in that email --I also received the same email from a pal in Eastern Canada and as far as I am concerned, and a few buddies of mine, if any such problem occurred here in Canada I would have the whole family of a convicted terrorist deported just so that other budding terrorists got the  no uncertain message that their whole family will be removed from the Good life we give to them , as opposed to the other life they had before in their mother country which apparently did not suit them too much when they were there.

Just a thought.. :020:

I am 100% in agreement with the tone of the text.

I am sick of these individuals who syphon thro the practices of their homeland that suit them (honour killings etc) to carry out in the civilised world, yet they would be the first to claim human rights if we were to try and make em feel more at home by chopping off their hands or stoned to death should they be convicted of theft etc (as per the laws in homeland)!

Made me annoyed the other day when the Muslim lawyer of the convicted UK Al Queda man, who got a pasting in prison, was stating it breached HIS human rights and wanted ALL muslim terrorists sectioned together in prison as prisoners of war. This is the same guy who among other things was trying to blow up a big building in US and kill thousands of people. Where was his regards for his inteneded victims "human rights"? Yet again they expect to be exceptions to the rule.

I believe that regardless of where your from, every effort should be made to intergrate with the society you have choosen to be a part of and respect and abide with its moral and legal practices.

SP said:

Most younger immigrants to this country learn English but many , many, immigrants get stuck in ethnic enclaves where not a word of English is spoken.

Are Quebecies classed as ethnic. a state where english is more or less banned and french is the norm?

Alex

Quebec is one of the Eastern Provinces of Canada and many residents are bi-lingual speaking both French and English.Only in the remoter rural districts do you get French speaking "enclaves" apparently.

There are, however, certain prominent Quebec  politicians who have done everything in their power to devolve the Province into what amounts to their own country  (i.e not part of Canada) and came close to succeeeding several years ago . Recently the "new" Conservative Government of Canada under P.M. Stephen Harper has bent over backwards to favour the French in terms of largesse, calling them a "distinct" society to try to flatter them and so forth but the populace is quietly accepting Federalism, and the benefits that come with it , more and more and devolution will probably  never be a realistic option and will fade away.

Don't forget that the French in Quebec are also Canadian citizens and are very talented people and wonderful to speak to and mix with, but favouring them at the expense of other Provinces has , it seems, been a national Federal Government pastime for as long as I can remember--the aim being to garner the 75 Federal seats that are up for grab  at Election time and if the Government cannot get some of them they can't achieve a majority in Parliament

If the province did quit Canada they would have a very hard time doing trade with America since I doubt very much if the Americans would deal with them in French so that would leave only France to deal with... LOL?

No, they know which side their bread is buttered on  but Anglos are always welcome in Quebec and Quebecers in the rest of Canada and there is no problem with the different languages or the mixing of French and Anglos whatsoever....and no terrorism! Besides going there would be a good chance to brush up on my school French  .... :014:

Guest sophia

On first glance all very well but.

"I am not against immigration, nor do I hold a grudge against anyone who is seeking a better life by coming to Australia .' 'However"...

"Most Australians believe in God."

I believe the tone is on or near the tipping point.

The first excerpt is the usual precursor to a racist rant and the 2nd is very hard to prove.

No village, town, city or country is "ours" to the exclusion of others.

The politicians, both Municipal and Federal, desperate for these immigrants' votes not only overlook this stuff but encourage this kind of inherent isolation.

Well said Scarlet, the pandering the b astards do for their own self interest knocks me sick...

It's not even as though they believe in the cr*p they spout, it's simply their way of staying in power.

The trouble is, ALL the political parties are pandering for their votes, where does that leave us, other than heading for Australia, maybe...

Immigrants respect that we don't practice a sort of reciprocity, where folks get the same "rights" in our lands as we might get in their countries. Unless you're a Muslem you can't even get into Saudi Arabia, {unless they need the skills you have, then you get a work permit}. If they "need" you, they'll have you, but not as an Immigrant, just until your jobs done, then off you go. Add to that while you're there, you won't be publically practicing your faith, you won't be getting a grant from the government to build a kirk either, and there's more than one been jailed or thrown out for no more than carrying a Bible.

If they can't "accommodate" us, why the **** do we feel obliged to see things their way, b*llocks to that...

If we speak up we're condemned as racists, yet we are entitled to live our lives to our values in the Western World.

Other than the Jehovah's knocking on yer door on a Sunday morning, there's no one ramming religion or their way of life down yer throat in our neck of the world. We have learned to tolerate the differences between us, we don't behead folks because they refuse to attend our church, but if we don't keep this lot on a short lead they will enslave {or murder} the bleedin lot of us...

Canada Bob.

I am an Australian and I would be sceptical of the source of that email.

Particularly as there some errors in the document such as Brendon Nelson is the Defence Minister not the education minister. Prior to his defence portfolio he was the Health Minister (makes sense as before parliament he was the President of the Australian Medical Association)

It must be taken into consideration that Howard and Costello are commited Christians (or is it Christians that should be commited?) so they have a vested interest in this debate.

Their solution so far has been to make money available in all schools so they can hire Chaplains.

Nobody likes extemists of any religion and while Islam appears to have more than their fair share at the moment, they hardly have a monolopy on this.

Cheers

Gabby