FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Rangers Match Reactions - [merged]

Yngwie

It's pretty much like this every year. The players seem to be resting on their laurels of the previous season ie, the relative success of staying in

the Premier league. It takes one or two games to get up to speed and for the guys to remember what got them there in the 1st place; hard work, fitness and 100% for 90 minutes ( and also encouragement and

close teamwork and perhaps a smidgeon of skill) Don't worry , all this will return soon (apart from the skill perhaps), there is no way these boys want to or will be playing in Div 1 next season. My only real worry,

like some others, is Stuart MacAffrey at centre half, a great trier and loyal servant and nice guy, but I,ve never considered him good enough

at this level........good cover for injuries and suspensions, but we need a tall powerful centre in this type of football and league and then Grant can carry on playing his more accustomed sweeperish type role from the left side.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suppose there are two ways of looking at this latest defeat. First is...............we are notoriously slow starters in the league and could have easily been beaten by a much lesser team than Rangers. Secondly, we really arent even in the same ball park when it comes to stature as Rangers and the fact is, we should be beaten soundly everytime we play em! They have a bad year and still turnover ?41M. Kinda puts it things into perspective. Still, it woulda been nice to have gone down with a fight.

Let's now get the Rangers game into perspective. They beat Chelsea 2-0. They win two games in Europe without conceding a goal. They beat us with two stunning goals and a third well executed after a defensive mistake. We need to react and prevent a season of fighting Gretna or St Mirren for the relegation slot but our performance can be fixed especially as Rangers played a lot better than our board suggests.

This Saturday will be a test of character.

I agree 1-3, I don't go along with all this tosh that Gers were not much better than us.  Yes we were poor for some reason, but they were streets ahead of us.  All this drivel that Rangers are a poor side is nonsense. Lets be honest, they will either win the league or finish second. We were humped and need to regroup for the must win games against teams in our situation, which is practically the rest of the league. Hibs looked decent the other night and they seem to have found a keeper as well, all six foot seven of him.  We simply don't have the buying power or the attraction that other teams do so we will have to work with the tools we have.

Our season will be judged on games against Motherwells Paisley Gretna and Falkirk, anything more will be a bonus.

If we are going to lose the opening game of the season, then I would far rather it was against Celtic or Rangers rather than the likes of St Mirren, Falkirk, Gretna, or Motherwell who we absolutely have to take points from at home. Having said that, from the video footage I managed to see on the day of the match we were pretty cr@p !!!