FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Was Dods a one man team?

davieB

Seeing as everything's being blamed on us losing him it seems.

Feck me, he was good, but he's certainly no John Terry!

What does it say about the rest of the players if we can't cope with losing a defender?

What we do miss is his organisation skills, because in all the games this season we seem to have little shape on the pitch, and look totally disorganised. Communication seems non-existant too.

Surely we should be able to cope without him shouldn't we??

I agree with all that, but at the risk of stating the bleedin' obvious, we should have been making plans to replace him when we became aware in January 2007, that he was definitely going at the end of last season....

Be nice to see him again next Saturday..... :023:

Well said Alex, there's hardly an abundance of suitable players out there and we aren't the only ones looking for a centre back, it's all too easy to be spouting that CC etc should have been doing more when in truth many haven't a clue what has or hasn't been going on behind the scenes.

.....has brought us a player from Dingwall, one from Gillingham, one from Swansea, one from Romania and may yet bring one from Derry. We've trialled a Frenchman and an Austrian. That would indicate to me that there are people out there looking on our behalf.

There is a shortage of quality CD's at the moment and has been for some time. Bet Falkirk wish they could find one as well. Cant really blame the management if there's nobody about who wants to come to us.

The cry now goes out to play Steven Watt. Ok he could be a superstar but what are his achievements to date......Two first team appearances for Chelsea, a start against lower league opposition in FA cup and as a sub in a league game, three starts at Barnsley where he picked up three yellow cards. And two appearances at Swansea before he was injured.

I hope I'm very wrong but none of that tells me we've signed what we need.

No Dods was not a one man team, but don't underestimate the difference a better than average central defender makes to a defence and team, by their nature they tend to be leaders an have the attributes that go with it.

Lets not forget that, apart from Niculae, our budget is bargain basement and makes the search more difficult. My concern is that, like the January window, we may have decided to go with what we got. The defenders that we sought, prior to Watt looked like squad additions and cover to me. We have to get feckin meaner.

Guest TinCanFan

There is a shortage of quality CD's at the moment and has been for some time. 

I wouldnt agree with that Alex....Amy MacDonalds latest sounds pretty good :blah01: :crazy07:

That song's chorus is scary.

Surely its not just Dods. Don,t forget we have lost the whole heart of last years team......Brown, Dods, Wilson ?, and Dargo. It will take time

to settle the team down and for replacements to fit in..but time will start

running out soon. There is still the basis of a good team there waiting to shine....time for Charlie and Donald to earn their money and bring it

about.

Re Watt's cv, Dods hardly came to us with superstar billing either. If i remember correctly, wasn't he freed by a struggling 1st division St Johnstone? He was hardly a defender any of us would have chosen.

Haven't all of our players come to us for second or third chances at their careers?

Yes we should have replaced him.....perhaps we have in Watt, that remains to be seen but loads of people are coming on here and stating the obvious yet I haven't seen one good suggestion as to WHO should have replaced him.

1) That's the job of the manager

2) There have been plenty of suggestions in the Rumour Forum.

Would hate to think Dods was a one man team and purely the reason alone we have had a poor start this season, How did we do in the games when he was suspended or not playing last season ? (cant remember the games off the top of my head, but it would have been similar to now surely if Dods is the reason)