ICTJackson

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sophia

Our 1st competitive 9th of August 1994!

Wilson Robertson scored the 1st, Alan Hercher got the winner in what was a midweek game in summer skirt weather.

That?s right I was there for our 1st game and I will steadfastly support the team through thick and thin. For me that means at least the purchase of a season ticket every year.

Scotty,

To be fair I always assumed that the fans forum / meeting last week was a PR stunt.

It couldn?t really be anything else. Did anybody actually expect to hear club officials discuss confidential information?

Whoever thought it was a good idea is not as clever as he thinks he is.

Seeing as you're such a dedicated fan and seem to love inflicting your opinions on us, how come no one I speak to at games has ever met you?

OK - this thread is rapidly going  :offtopic01:

if people want to debate who's the better fan or who goes to what game, please take it to the PM system or start a thread in AG forum.

Sorry Scotty!

To bring back on topic, I would be more prepared to give Sophia a chance at managing the team than Brewster (lame I know but the best I can do  :001:)

I have to laugh at the conspiracism and shrill denounciations of Brewster, the board and anyone else that appears to be rampant on here.  It's a joke.

Chris. It is not a joke, its a very serious matter.

Charlie resigned last Monday and if Brewster was unveiled shortly thereafter there would have been moans and groans but nothing like the level of unhappiness shown at the moment. I believe most people would have said something like this .....

"he did crap at DUFC but he wasnt that bad at ICT. He got the team fit. He talked about loyalty but we can forgive him because DUFC was hs 'dream job'. We need someone who can settle in quickly and he knows everyone."

However, the simple (alleged) "truth" - coming from normally reliable sources - is that everything last week, including the fans' meeting was just smoke and mirrors designed to give the impression of transparency in a process that had already run its course. It backfired when Warnock was embraced by a large number of ICT fans as their preferred choice and once again, the ICT PR "machine" proved to be powered by an 18th century steam engine !!!

Brewster is probably not getting an entirely fair hearing because of that but as I have said, I personally will give him a chance and be happy to eat humble pie if he exceeds my expectations as that will mean my team is doing well. I hope others will do the same if results go in the other direction.

The nasty taste that this debacle leaves in the mouth is that for the first time in more than 13 years I have serious reservations about the board of our club. If they wanted to appoint Brewster then why not go ahead and do it. Instead, we were strung along with a false process and treated as idiots and as CD said elsewhere that just seems to make the chasm between "them" and "us" even wider.

It is a joke.  What have the board done wrong?  They have spoken to several potential candidates but have done for Brewster who is a very strong candidate as has been discussed on this thread and others.  Brewster was always going to be a candidate and was probably always the favourite for the job.  This doesn't mean that having the fans meeting was 'smoke and mirrors' to distract fans from the heinous truth.  The Board never said that they would abide by what a small number of fans at the meeting or what a website poll said, thank God.  They are perfectly entitled to consult the fans and entitled to listen to the views they hear or not.  There was no 'false process' - the board sought to speak to other candidates.  The reason Neil Warnock 'emerged' as favourite is because people mistook a few quotes in the paper for a serious desire to come and manage us. 

People are letting themselves believe wild theories and are going completely over the top. 

They have spoken to several potential candidates. 

If that were true I would agree with you  :023:

Neil Lennon's agent confirmed that they were approached.

Geoff Brown, St Johnstone chairman, confirmed he had been approached regarding Owen Coyle.

Neil Warnock has confirmed that he spoke to the club.

Are these people all part of the conspiracy?

Even if the board wanted to appoint Brewster all along and only spoke to him then they haven't done anything wrong.  The board are perfectly entitled to appoint and approach who they see fit.

Guest sophia

If you have ever been a senior manager you?ll know that your duty is to your directors and ultimately shareholders. Responsible managers will always have at least a plan B. Shareholders would expect nothing less.

10CC has been reported to have threatened to resign last season.

Alarm bells would have rung at very senior levels.

There would have been, at the very least, discussions on who to approach should a vacancy for 1st team coach arise. If it went further than that, well that was a risky strategy that could have served to undermine our erstwhile leader.

Once again ? just what have senior management / directors done that is so wrong?

Mee,

I?d need an assistant ??..

You?d not need to pay to get in!

Sophia you're so full of sh1t you need your own sceptic tank  :015:

Thats ma feckin girl.  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

And hey Mrs feckin Loren - I didnt allude - I got it spot feckin on. And if ya **** me off again I will kick yer erse as far as Whitebridge and then you are truly fecked.  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Guest sophia

Johnboy,

Are you referring to the 1st post on the ?support the board? thread??

I don?t think that any masquerading exists there.

It?s quite obviously a post from a senior manager / director / acolyte.

Come on IHE what is your scoop?

Give me anything of substance and I?ll let you buy me a bezique in the Whitebridge Hotel

Any other subterfuge?

"anything of substance"...??

Get your coat, IHE - you've pulled....  :014:

Sophia : Of course I'm referring to that 1st post....Try reading it again....

If you're still unsure what all the fuss is about, IHE will be more than happy to point out the obvious flaw....

Guest sophia

Is that it?

Brings me back to the assembly hall in the IRA, or was it The Rose street Hall, my memory fails me, to the strategic dumping of the one of the committee?s papers on the floor by one of the Caley rebels. Douglas.

Guest Clare Crook

After our dreadful performance against Dundee United I am going to give Brewster a chance to turn things around. I am still not convinced by his ability but am prepared to give him some time. he needs to sort out the defence for a start and fitness as we fall apart near the end of games. Finally I really hope we don't lose to Arbroath but if we play like we did today i wouldn't fancy us to beat anyone.

We were embarrassing on Saturday, I turned the radio off.. I couldn't face to listen to the aftermatch......... I live in Glasgow and listen to Radio Clyde, who broadcast the football every Saturday..... The only way is up for ICT and I'm going to be there to see them go up not down.......Brewster will do his dam best, it wasn't all his fault at tannardice, he didn't have the money etc etc,but if you all remember he did us proud and lets face it......... we can't argue with any manager good or bad, as we see it, we at the bottom.......... do we want to go down next season NO !!