FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Is That It?

Zoid

And anyone who thinks Im being unreasonable can go feck themselves  :017:

How do I do that exactly? How much time did Special Brew have to find players? and how much cash was at his disposal? If you want someone to blame look elsewhere.

Is it a reasonable reaction to turn your back on the team? If you're boycotting the club then that's what you're doing. Do you think anyone at TCS gives a flying feck? Cut your nose off to spite your face if you wish but 3rd div vs Premier? No contest (ask the buddies) :tic01:

Im sure you're well acquainted with how to do that!

And I'm not turning my back on the team, Im just not paying the wages / emoulements of people who think its OK to treat fans like sh1t (singing section at the Dunfermline game - were you there?) and employ their drinking buddies rather than properly looking for the best man for the job. I don't care whether anyone else gives a flying feck and its my nose, I can cut it off if I want. Do you consider folk who live overseas and who can't make it to games not proper supporters? What about folk who work weekends? I'm not a glory hunter and if I choose to spend my money watching Elgin or Clach then thats entirely up to me.

Hi Mee,at the risk of catching the sharp edge of yer cyber tongue,i 'd ask you to

re-consider,like yourself i had a point of principle a year or two back and was outraged at the Marrs on discovering it was them who had voted against ICT getting into the SPL,even wrote a letter on our forum"resigning "as a Dee supporter,as here i got folk shouting me down ,telling me i wisnae a "real" supporter,questioning loyalty etc, but what changed my mind in the cold light after i had calmed down was mates/fellow supporters reasoing that it's the team/club/history you support not the board/directors/managers etc who come and go.Also, your voice is'nt heard in the wilderness,better to be on the inside pissen oot than on the ootside pissen in,ultimately, of course, the choice is yours and where yer hard earned goes on a Saturday is entirely up to you but i hope you think again and will be back behind the team long after Brew and others behind the scenes have long gone.

You would love to catch any edge of my tongue Dee  :001:  :001:  :001:

I totally appreciate your carefully selected words and I can assure you I have thought long and hard about this since the singing section DISGRACE at our last home game of last season. Everything thats happened since then has done nothing but depress me and thats not even counting our results!  Im still a supporter glued to the radio (most) Saturdays, I'm not even totally boycotting games, Im just not attending any where you have to pay to get in, as I dont believe my money would be spent by folk with the club / fans interests at heart, when I feel that situation has changed I'll be happy to fund their pay / jollies / drinking sesh in the Heathmount, whatever.  It's not even as if I've contributed to any other clubs coffers either as I've managed to wangle freebies  :001: And I wasn't the only pi55ed off Caley Thistle fan at the County game the other week (we were all secretly hoping Peterhead would hump them  :001:)

First post since Saturday - hangover only just receded - and timely as we seem to be spiralling off-topic.

Think Brewster did OK in the time he had. McGuire's not my idea of an ideal replacement for Dods - he's not as dominant and perhaps closer in style to Caff or Granty than Dods (Scott Wilson, had he been available, would probably have been a better signing) - but I thought he did well when he came on on Saturday and looked aggressive, confident and up for it. I'd like to see him start ahead of Caff against Celtic. Leaving aside the positional mistakes both Caff and Granty have mad this season, Caff has really frustrated me because he's been the worst offender at resorting to the long ball. In all four games I've seen this season, we've looked decent when we've played the ball on the deck through the midfield then completely lost the momentum when we've started punting it upfield. McGuire's a decent ball-playing centre-half and might be a better link to the midfield.

As for the others, Proctor lacks a bit of presence but isn't bad going forward, and we badly need cover at right back; and Malkowski? Well, we do have a good record of resurrecting the careers of players that have failed to make it at other SPL clubs (sound of straws desperately being clutched...)

Och Mee--if youse don't want to pay tae get in just climb over the fence and I'll gie ye a haun -up and I will promise tae be careful in the process...... :rotflmao:

AS FER IHE .....AFTER THE BUILD UP HE GAVE MY ALTER AGO , S.P., THE VERY LEAST I CAN DO IS HAND HIM A CUP OF TEA THROUGH THE BARS- HING IN THERE SOJER, BETTER DAYS ARE COMING.....

and remember ...dinnae tak yersel too seriously. Ha! :015: :002:

I am also disappointed that Brew was taken back but I think it was the speed of return that annoyed me. So many contenders, perhaps, but who cares we will just reappoint Brew!

Now that he is here, I feel that any strong criticism of players should be deferred as we all know his training regime improved players and indeed, extended their playing careers, perhaps.

If he does attend to the fitness or lack of fitness in the players I feel that we could see some players emerging from the pack that are currently only holding onto their positions through lack of competition.

I think McGuire, Niculas(?), Wyness and MacBain could all improve in a big way. Bayne has retained the fitness gained under Brew as has Wilson, IMHO.

The main negative, I have at the moment, is a wee bird telling me that Brew/Wyness don't hit it off and I would be most disappointed if Brew was to hold back the undoubted talent Wyness has(It has been clouded by injury/lack of fitness and lack of confidence and requires help from a good manager) A fit Dennis could work wonders for us even as a super sub.

Lets hope Brew is now more mature but able to instill fitness into the squad this time round as well.

He is here - let's just accept it!