FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Is That It?

Zoid

So much for Brewster bringing in much needed talent.....

Sorry but I for one hoped for more than Malkowski (IHE mentioned Brown coming back). Phil McGuire - what a w*nk, ballocks to him. And as for Proctor, I was well delighted when he fecked off down the A9.

Ok I don't get to many Caley games - have to do with the Chelski - but i'm still fecked off with these additions.

Me too pal. There are those applauding the deals reached in such a short period of time. they Smack of desperation in my book and I dont for a minute beleive these guys were on any form of legitimate "wish list"

David Proctor ? no more than a squad player for cover at the back. Hardly played for us before, has done nothing since to prove that he can play for us again. Definitely no better than what we already have.

'Zibi' Malkowski ? has been poor in all the Hibs games I?ve listened to and culpable for quite a few goals. Dispute the statements that most of his howlers were against Hearts, think that his general ineptitude resulted in a loss of confidence in the Hibs back line and thus resulted in a number of goals being shipped. I remember listening on the radio to one particular game v us where the commentators said he was all over the place. In comparison to this time last season I think we have gone back on the goalkeeping front Brown & Ike v Ike & Zibi, definite step backwards there.

Phil McGuire ? has a bit of experience but not an out and out centre back which we desperately need. Again only good as a squad player. Hardly going to be the answer to our problems if he is not good enough to get into Dunfermline?s starting lineup. Would have preferred Wilson or Bamba if we had the chance to pick a player.

So to sum up, in these 3 I still don?t think we have the player who is going to command the back line and prove to be a leader in our defence. I hope Watt steps up to the plate, if not I think we are in serious trouble.

Thoughtful post that last one.

It's all window dressing  right now with a touch of desperation about it  what with Brew coming in at the backend and really not having the time to review matters thoroughly--at least I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt at this stage.

Sorry to say this but it does seem as if the Board thinks that if they do nothing the fans will lambast them and if they do "something" good or bad at least they can say they are trying. I think it is a little too late. :029:

Anybody disagree?

So it's Watt  as centre half then?

think i must be the only person relatively happy with the signings,procotr i always liked before he left,mguire i think is decent and ziggy maybe ok,ok if these guys dont turn out to be any good 6 mnoths down the line and were still relegation material fine lambast brewster,but none of these guys have played for us yet and being condoned,get a grip i think some fans expectations are to high,didnt a lot of you all say dods was crap when he signed? also think watt will turn out to be pretty decent too

Guest Chemist

we have to give these guys a chance. Proctor didnt do much wrong with us previously, and he did keep popping the odd goal. Can play across the back and in the mid, didnt do well with arabs but who did last year.

Ziggy did well at hibs in beginning, and seemingly did well at gretna on loan, and he is competition for the gloves. Dont think many want Mikey to be dropped, just a more confident back line.

Maguire was one of the dons promising young guns a few years back, went to Cardiff i think and back to the Pars which suprised me at the time. Has experience and can play across the back aswell, so we need to give them a chance to prove themselves, and is that what we have not done in the past as a club. Remember Dodds came from St J where he wasnt getting a game in the end!

Proctor did a good job whenever he was called upon during his first spell here.  He is good cover and can play in a variety of positions.

Phil McGuire is a good centre-back who was considered one ofthe best prospects in Scotland not so long ago.  He has something to prove and we have excelled in finding that sort of player in the past.

Zibi Malkowski... I'm sure his mother loves him.

Proctor did a good job whenever he was called upon during his first spell here.  He is good cover and can play in a variety of positions.

Phil McGuire is a good centre-back who was considered one ofthe best prospects in Scotland not so long ago.  He has something to prove and we have excelled in finding that sort of player in the past.

I would agree with that to be honest. McGuire will do a job for us and is better than Bamba - I've no idea why half this forum were so obsessed with getting him in. The guy is rubbish and even Pars fans can see that.

I would agree with that to be honest. McGuire will do a job for us and is better than Bamba - I've no idea why half this forum were so obsessed with getting him in. The guy is rubbish and even Pars fans can see that.

TRUE I WOULD RATHER HAVE Mcguire starting every week rather thna caff,also would have watt start over caff also every time caff gets the ball i cringe

Brewster did the best he could with the time that he had. The prospect of imminent failure to bring in the required players before the transfer window closed was probably one of the factors behind Charlie walking.

I'm quite pleased with McGuire, my Uncles an Aberdeen season ticket holder and he rated him very highly before he left. Apparently his departure from Pittodrie was due to off the field issues rather than a lack of quality. I think a move up here could bring out the best in him.  :clapping03:

Proctor was a gutsy player who never let us down, Bazza and Wyness both did alright when they returned I don't see why he can't carry on where he left off.  :clapping03:

Malkowsk  :017: I'd personally prefer to see Ally Ridgers given a chance.

I guess the 'is that it?' sentiment comes from the same dark corner of the imagination which saw us expecting to see Warnock in the dugout. Even without the supposed delays caused by the switch in management we were hardly going to see the finest defenders in the world kicking down the door to sign. I didn't want Brew but he's here and he's brought in what he could. All I can do now is shout ("bollocks!"), and hope we see some decent football  :003: Didn't sound too bad today.

Ok so they are not the most exciting of signings, but given that Charlie brought in a total of zero defenders in the 8 months since Dods announced his departure and Brewster has brought in 2 in under a week, I'd be hard pushed to criticise.  Its well known how difficult it is to persuade players to move up here in the first place so to get in 3 - albeit one of them on a return visit - is fair enough in that tie frame.  We needed defenders, we've got them now.  I absolutely agree that Proctor is only in as cover, but at least both of them have experience at this level.

SP I am so fecked off with the Board for so many things that they would have to come crawling on their hands and knees and beg forgiveness from me personally, same goes for Brewster, I dont do bygones! I am disappointed in a few folk who seem to have crawled up the nearest board member's erse, as I thought they had a bit more backbone, my friends are disappointed in me as I'm no longer going to games. Still life goes on, no one's died, I'll catch the odd game on TV and the money I don't spend at TCS will get spent at other local clubs (planning Elgin vs East Stirling, can't wait  :001:)

The team still have and will always have my support, they just won't have my money.

I hope thats simple enough for a pimple to understand?  :001: :001: :001:

TRUE I WOULD RATHER HAVE Mcguire starting every week rather thna caff,also would have watt start over caff also every time caff gets the ball i cringe

Not seen Watt play but I think I would take Caff over him given his injury problems. He will be very rusty. Surely Caff hasn't been playing as bad as folk are suggesting?

If Frasers improved presence and the solid performance from our back 4 are down to nothing other than the fear of having competition for their places then the signings made are doing the job already IMO.

Only time will tell how good, bad or indifferent the new players prove to be on the pitch.

SP I am so fecked off with the Board for so many things that they would have to come crawling on their hands and knees and beg forgiveness from me personally, same goes for Brewster, I dont do bygones! I am disappointed in a few folk who seem to have crawled up the nearest board member's erse, as I thought they had a bit more backbone, my friends are disappointed in me as I'm no longer going to games. Still life goes on, no one's died, I'll catch the odd game on TV and the money I don't spend at TCS will get spent at other local clubs (planning Elgin vs East Stirling, can't wait  :001:)

The team still have and will always have my support, they just won't have my money.

I hope thats simple enough for a pimple to understand?  :001: :001: :001:

What a load of self-regarding pish.