FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Promote the Club ?

Scotty

I received a personal message a week or so ago asking whether it would be possible for the club to make "next game" posters available for users to print off and stick up in their workplaces, schools etc.

I spoke with Angela at the club and she has sent the attached PDF file.

If users think this is a good idea, we may well be able to establish a section in our downloads area for this, or just add them to a pre-match thread on here .... let us know if you think a regular supply of these would be worth it.

ICT-Hearts.pdf

something about this doesnt sit right with me, cant quite put my finger on it.

appears cheap and a bit patronising to be honest, cant imagine these posters having any effect at all on numbers through the turnstiles, nor does it add anything to the ict brand besides a bit of annoying fly posting, its not like these posters will get chins wagging or turn heads.  a case could be made for this and similar initiatives based purely on your roi, costs nowt and may give individual fans the chance to feel involved which i suppose is no bad thing

cant give this my vote of confidence.  get some posters of rankin celebrating against rangers or lifting the 1st division trophy, something people might want to be part of themselves.. we arent advertising a bbq sale for fecks sake, we need supporters not customers

If it gets a few extra bums on seats then where is the harm?

We used to do it in lower division days, a few bodies went round the pubs firing up posters for the next game. Its not going to do anything for existing supporters or those who will not support the club in any circumstances, but if it gets a few more neutrals or visitors through the gates its all extra money for the club/manager to work with. Lets face it, unless we are playing one of the OF, there are plenty empty seats to go round.

The simplicity of the file I attached is just because we asked for something basic. I am sure Angela or someone else at the club could tart it up with some 'inspiring' pictures for future games if there was a demand and if it warranted it.

BBQ Sale?  I need a new one, where's it at?

In fairness Clacher, this was in response to a request from a site user for something they could print and stick up on the staff noticeboard at work type deal.  From that point of view it needs to be simple and easy to print out and your not going to get full glossy colour posters.

Big Oaks from Little Acorns and all that.  If 10 minutes work can bring in even one or two more people then it's 10 minutes well invested.

a case could be made for this and similar initiatives based purely on your roi, costs nowt and may give individual fans the chance to feel involved which i suppose is no bad thing

:sillywave:

i shouldve said before, i wasnt expecting the downloaded pdf to be flashy at all but a decent poster or 50 in public spaces around inverness wouldnt go a miss.

for marketing individual events, such as gigs, poster campaigns can be effective in raising awareness and can lead to increased numbers through the door, as most who see the thing may not even know the events happening

for events so regular that most people know the venue/time/price such as an ict home game (which lets not forget, is flagged up all over the tv, national and local press as all spl games are) then these posters merely serve as reminders, which is no bad thing when done right.

im all for reminding the city of inverness that we exist, im all for giving them the information they may need to attend as we used to with the pub efforts... but im not up for this at all, its tacky and displays arrogance on the clubs part.  whoever okay'd this idea must believe the clubs image locally is so assured, so unaffected by the normal rules that determine consumer reactions to any form of marketing, that they can shove any old tack into the hands of a fan who only wants the best for the club and get away with it.

must do better  :018:

over reaction?  :001:

Things that are missing from the flyer, some perhaps compulsory ...

Do we need to include the club sponsor (FlyBe) and league sponsor (Clydesdale) logo's on the flyer?  :symbol_question:

Also, as we are trying to attract people that, perhaps, are not regulars to the ground, will they understand the pricing scheme?  :024: Perhaps a little more detail that the Kevin Bissett area is for families too.

• 3 weeks later...

Hope I'm not being pedantic or denigrating anyone's hard work, but I'm not crazy about the choice of photo for this one. For the regular supporter who's likely to be going anyway, the significance of using CB in an advert for a game against the Dons is obvious, but for tourists, first-timers or occasional attenders, whom the poster is presumably aimed at, it may not be so obvious. Looked at without prior knowledge, the image of a grey-haired fortysomething with banks of empty seats behind him might not be the tastiest carrot for people considering gicing this football thing a go.

Are there any good stills of Russel's goal against Falkirk with the main stand in the background? That might make a good poster for the next home game. 

On this topic - why was there no advertising of the Reserves Game today, especially when it's the School holidays and lots of children could have been there, for free.  Maybe would have been an opportunity for some of them to get autographs of the 1st team players in the Stand? Every little helps to advertise and promote ICT.

Even a wee mention in the Courier would have done - or a few words on Moray Firth Radio.

On this topic - why was there no advertising of the Reserves Game today, especially when it's the School holidays and lots of children could have been there, for free.  Maybe would have been an opportunity for some of them to get autographs of the 1st team players in the Stand? Every little helps to advertise and promote ICT.

Even a wee mention in the Courier would have done - or a few words on Moray Firth Radio.

Good question.....  :024:

Jhesus - you do have a brain  :001: Absolutely spot feckin on - perhaps somebody could have a word with Smiffy.

Beano_Dandy_Smiffy_200w.jpg

no, it was simply the first !!!

Angela has taken the comments on board and tried to add better (more relevant) pictures, the sponsor logo etc and is sending them to us without prompting so she is at least trying to help those who think it to be a decent or good idea ........

Regardless of what pictures are used. The first poster which did not have a picture included was downloaded the most.

So would this be deemed the most successful ?

I don't know about other users but I can't see the first poster unless I download it whereas with the 2nd one I can see it without downloading the pdf.