FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Football/Champ Manager Favourites...

jj_ict

Thought I might as well start another lame CM/FM thread.

What's your favourite CM/FM Moment/players/season in the history of playing the game. You've likely got several, so I'll start by showing you the kind of guff I mean.

Best ever result: Probably has to be when I was playing CM2 French Leagues with FC Nantes and in a group match in the Champions League I beat FC Bruges (in Bruges) 13-0. Without cheating! What a team I had that season, my strike force was so deadly that I played 4-2-4 and in one season the lowest scorer of the 4 was my left winger with 46 goals (Lars Ricken) The other goals came from Ouedec, Ronaldo (that fat kid that plays for Madrid now) and Julen Guerrero (a god). Although if I can be bothered to take a screeny I'll post the 4-0 humping I handed out to Celtic as ICT in FM2006 the other week - or maybe the 7-1 against the Arabs.

Best Ever Run: Came in CM00/01 with (sorry to say it) Rangers. Have gone 5 league seasons without losing a single league game. Won the Champions League in season 2 due to my awesome defence (conceded 12 league goals the whole season), but thereafter have had standard Euro quality from Rangers and have been out of Europe before Christmas. :wink:

Favourite Player: Pablo Adrian Guede in versions of CM3 the guy was a goal scoring god - still bangs them away in CM4/FM05.

Strangest Success: Signed an Italian keeper called Mosconi for Rushden in 00/01 and he had utter rubbish stats (not a single one in double figures). The guy ended up being so good he was my first choice keeper for 4 seasons as I climbed through the divisions.

Funniest Moment: Has to be the Spanish keeper called Jesus and watching the commentary - xxxx sets himself to shoot. <next line> Jesus Saves. :lol:

Best Captain: Frank de Boer. Never played better than a 6, but if he didn't play the rest of the team were crap. Was pretty strange actually.

Worst Season: Getting sacked after 4 games as Spurs Manager in an older version, then took on the Portugal managers job and got sacked after 2. Deleted game after that.

Best Version: I probably liked CM2 French Leagues the best, but that's probably because of the sheer awesomeness of my team. CM00/01 I probably liked the best though. CM4 and FM05/06 are good, but can run too slowly.

Anyone else care to share or add?

jj