FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Rankin Can Go

Kingsmills

According to today's Press and Journal, Brewster has indicated that he's willing to listen to offers for Rankin during the January transfer window.

A strange decision in my opinion. I know that we are over burdened with midfielders and that he hasn't featured much this season. I'm also aware that wages will have to be freed up to allow for us to bring in the experienced 'keeper and centre back(s) we clearly require but Rankin is a young man with an abundance of skill who is on a long term contract.

I fear that if he's pushed out the door we may live to regret that decision.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was critical of Rankin when he first arrived but he soon worked his way into being a very important part of the team. I fail to see why he should be one of the players who should be moved on to make space in the midfield area.

It's a decision that quite frankly beggars belief.

This is truly an unbelievable decision. It's sheer stupidity baffles me  :crazy07:

I doubt anyone on here thinks this is a good idea. So why does our manager?

Brewster doesn't have a clue if he rates the likes of McBain, Morgan and a veteran Wilson ahead of Rankin  :008:

Still at least it may hasten our clueless leaders departure. It's times like these you wonder why you bother supporting the club

I *think* i have mentioned it elsewhere on here but not completely sure. Anyway, Brewster doesn't seem to like flair players such as Juanjo. Rankin may not be in the same category as Juanjo when it comes to flair but I don't think he also fits in well with Brewsters "hard craft" philosophy that he appears to implement. That's why players like Duncan, McBain and Morgan will be preferred to the likes of Rankin and Juanjo.

It's still a surprising decision however as I feel Rankin has a lot to offer ICT. Plus Morgan has had so many chances before yet can't seem to break through. Rankin appears to have been given very little time to impress the manager and is now on his way out.

You may well be right RiG and it's pretty depressing thought really  :007:

Who wants to pay money to see kick and chase robots??

If he doesn't rate Rankin then I'm afraid Zander won't be back either.

This decision makes no footballing sense  :029:

Today I'm truly regretting buying a season ticket

You may well be right RiG and it's pretty depressing thought really  :007:

Who wants to pay money to see kick and chase robots??

Today I'm truly regretting buying a season ticket

I'm just remembering how awful we were at home under Brewster. We played the same style both home and away. It worked when teams came onto us away from home and we developed an excellent away record. But think about the times we were done over by teams who employed the same counter attacking style that we use when we played in Inverness. We couldn't break them down, we never changed our style of play and in the end they picked us off and nipped down the road with 3 points.

The football on display the other week was, from an ICT point of view, horrific. Football is an entertainment business. It's great if we win and that is the most important thing at the end of the day, but people aren't going to forgo their Christmas shopping to watch a big Munro punt up to Wyness in the hope someone might latch onto the loose ball and score. That's even assuming Wyness wins the header of course. Brewster style of play is long ball, no matter what he tries to dress it up as.

Bottom line, under Brewster we played some of our worst football ever. The last couple of weeks we've heard how we have played some magnificent stuff. I can't for the life of me think where this passage of play took place. I for one am not looking forward to this game on Saturday.

However the FlyBe challenge should provide from light entertainment for a spell.

I shocking decision.  John will come back to haunt us as he is very likely to join a team in the SPL around about our level.  I hope if he does leave, and I hope not, that when he returns to play against us he gets a good reception.  As for our "manager", I hope he comes out and explains this decisions as he appears more and more clueless as time goes on.  Who really thinks he has more to bring than Charlie?

dont see why he doesnt get rid of hart instead, seems the obvious move to me

Ritchie is the sort of tough 'play hard' player that Brewster likes. I dont see whats 'obvious' about moving him. He has paid for his crime, was always good for this team, and deserves the chance to exel.

Getting back to Rankin what the Daily Ranger said yesterday was that he was told that if he wants to find a loan deal come january he's free to give it a go. Rankin himself said he would rather leave than go on loan.

None of us know what is going on behind the scenes. It was quoted before that the lad had a contract whereby he gets more money if others do also. Is he really puting in the effort of the park? Is he miffed at Brew's twice a day training regime? Its what goes on behind the scene that determines how well a player will fit in with the managers plans.

Getting back to Rankin what the Daily Ranger said yesterday was that he was told that if he wants to find a loan deal come january he's free to give it a go. Rankin himself said he would rather leave than go on loan.

*Here* is what the P & J says today. Brewster seems quite keen to let him go provided some money can be recouped. Basically it seems that Brewster is happy enough to see him leave be it on loan or permanently.

Text says he can go but not on loan!  We just need answers from "the manager" saying why he is letting a good YOUNG player leave the club.  If it is due to him causing trouble or refusing training etc then we may understand but he is keeping a player who has disgraced the club in all the media re his drug habits!

I doubt there's a single person on here or at the club who WANTS to lose Rankin. However, what we have is a highly paid, unhappy fringe player, who is a very saleable asset and would command a decent transfer fee.

We desperately a need a central defender and will have to pay a transfer fee and high wage to get the quality needed. If the choice is between having Rankin or a new Dods/Mann, then there's absolutely no contest.

The real question is, should Rankin be featuring more in the first team? We have seen a few times under Brewster left that we are capable of both winning and playing excellent football, without Rankin. Why we haven't been able to sustain that is another matter, and almost certainly relates to tactics rather than any individual player.

It's a case of play him or sell him, just don't keep wasting him in the reserves.

From what I've heard Rankin is the consummate professional to for people to question his attitude is way off the mark. I think it's perfectly understandable that he'd be unhappy wouldn't you knowing that no matter how well you played in the reserves or hard you trained the manager wasn't going to give you a game. adding insult to injury is the fact that some the people keeping you out of the team are inferior players.

We will be lucky to get half the money we paid for Rankin so not only are we losing a very good young player we will be taking a financial hit.

If we need to raise money for a central defender there are many other players who should be shown the door before JR

Not fussed about Rankin, he can be anonymous at times.  I believe Patti will be a better player given time to prove himself after injury, at least he can offer us something in the air.  I would rather keep Hart than Rankin if that were my options. Frustrating player Rankin, hides for most of a game then bang, sensational goals a la Rangers and Falkirk, but he is a luxury we can manage without.  Now Cowie...................that is a player we must keep.

Guest WynessLegend

I doubt there's a single person on here or at the club who WANTS to lose Rankin. However, what we have is a highly paid, unhappy fringe player, who is a very saleable asset and would command a decent transfer fee.

We desperately a need a central defender and will have to pay a transfer fee and high wage to get the quality needed. If the choice is between having Rankin or a new Dods/Mann, then there's absolutely no contest.

At last, a bit of sense.

Rankin is a decent player. he's given us some good moments but has not shown sufficient consistency.

He is, however, a player who may command a transfer fee sufficent to help us secure a defender with some quality. We have enough depth in midfield for his loss not to be felt.

Shrewd piece of business from our manager if it goes ahead.

Well done Brewster.

We have enough depth in midfield for his loss not to be felt.

Who do you feel in our squad offers sufficient talent to provide back up to the left sided midfield position?

Good point below ymip. Rankin has played 40 minutes of football this season and people think we can demand a hefty fee for him to get in a new defender. Stuff of fantasy.

I'm struggling to see how a guy who's not been getting a game for a team who've had a very poor season thus far can command a decent transfer fee.

Proctor in - Rankin out.

Shape of things to come.... :019: