FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Record Shops of The Sneck

Glen Mhor

I remember quite a bit of hype about AGS in 1990............

Will anyone admit to being in this pic? (taken from the Jags fanzine at the time)

I think I might have been in school with the guy 3rd from the left. His name's not shown though and I can't remember it!

post-125-1219412369_thumb.jpg

im 2nd on the left...I remember this interview very well, I think i still have a copy of the fanzine...It was done in 1990 when the merger talk was in the local press, so we did some stuff for a Caley fanzine and the Thistle one...

nice to see it again

Guest shinypouch

Oh MY God... Im third from the right in the Inter top and bad sunglasses!

Those were the best days of my life though...

Good times!

I remember quite a bit of hype about AGS in 1990............

Will anyone admit to being in this pic? (taken from the Jags fanzine at the time)

I think I might have been in school with the guy 3rd from the left. His name's not shown though and I can't remember it!

post-125-1219412369_thumb.jpg

im 2nd on the left...I remember this interview very well, I think i still have a copy of the fanzine...It was done in 1990 when the merger talk was in the local press, so we did some stuff for a Caley fanzine and the Thistle one...

nice to see it again

I was speaking to someone at the weekend on this subject who said there was a relatively short-lived record shop in Inglis Street in the 1980s. She couldn't remember the name but it was above street level and had a window at the back of the shop. Could have been roughly where the coffee shop is now.

Any thoughts ?

:rotflmao:

Yes I remember it too, but cannot remember it's name where The Lemon Tree is. There was also another short lived one in the market behind the model shop in the left had corner.

Graham

These were one and the same, I think - called "The Album Shop" when it was in Inglis St & simply "Albums" when it moved into the market. Run by a guy called Paul, I think.

Re the AGS photo, the guy 3rd from left was called Colin, I think - nice guy, have seen him around DJing in Glasgow over the past few years. He was a year above me in Millburn, which means R&BC and I must be near-contemporaries.

Re the AGS photo, the guy 3rd from left was called Colin, I think - nice guy, have seen him around DJing in Glasgow over the past few years. He was a year above me in Millburn, which means R&BC and I must be near-contemporaries.

Ah that's him, Colin S. Was in same year at school. Didn't know him that well and haven't seen him since school days !

• 3 weeks later...

Colin was Murrays bro, played Bass - Better know as Smout

This is all a bit weird joining this Forum... Monty (Born Caley) gave us the head's up on some AGS chat... I remember that Photo being taken... I was really fecking hungover... Some things never change... Aah, I can feel the nostalgia coursing through my veins... Spent most of my younger years in DR whenever I could... Even tried to get my work experience away from school there... Really good memories... Met and still have good mates from that time... Got to listen to some great music... If only I could go back to it now... The place would be like a terasure trove... I remember John Menzies basement having vinyl... Cheers for the comment RednBlackComeback... Although i wouldn't call it Dj'ing... More of playing what I like and inflicting on other peoples ears... If you been there first hand you'll know what I mean...

This is all a bit weird joining this Forum... Monty (Born Caley) gave us the head's up on some AGS chat... I remember that Photo being taken... I was really fecking hungover... Some things never change... Aah, I can feel the nostalgia coursing through my veins... Spent most of my younger years in DR whenever I could... Even tried to get my work experience away from school there... Really good memories... Met and still have good mates from that time... Got to listen to some great music... If only I could go back to it now... The place would be like a terasure trove... I remember John Menzies basement having vinyl... Cheers for the comment RednBlackComeback... Although i wouldn't call it Dj'ing... More of playing what I like and inflicting on other peoples ears... If you been there first hand you'll know what I mean...

Hungover!...you must have been only 16 surely; you terrible lad!

Have heard you a few times in Barfly and liked what you were playing. Am I right in remembering you were a Jaggie, like myself and R&BC? How did you take the merger? Having been in Glasgow for a few years when it went through, I eventually put aside my Kingsmills loyalties...