FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Baz Leaving ICT

Grabe

Just heard from Barrys family that he will be going to St Johnstone on loan til end of season.  :029: :029:

He feels left out of things and at his age needs to play every week and will get straight into ther team. He hasent featured mutch under Brewster over the last 6/7 weeks and just wants a game.

He feels he hasent had a fair crack of the whip when the team have been underperforming and hes not even getting onto the bench.

l

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just heard from Barrys family that he will be going to St Johnstone on loan til end of season.  :029: :029:

He feels left out of things and at his age needs to play every week and will get straight into ther team. He hasent featured mutch under Brewster over the last 6/7 weeks and just wants a game.

He feels he hasent had a fair crack of the whip when the team have been underperforming and hes not even getting onto the bench.

l

What a grate post...!

Well there are 2 sides to this story.  I totally understand that Barry must be frustrated by not playing, he just wants to get a game and I can understand that.  If he can get straight into the St Johnstone team then fair play to him.  A move to St Johnstone could quite possibly earn him a pay rise and possibly another year onto his contract.  So from a personal point of view I can understand Barry taking this opportunity.

On the other side of the coin, I will be really disappointed if we let him go without a fight.  There is no doubt he would rather stay and play in Inverness, but if he isn't going to get a chance, then he has to do what is right for himself and his family.  I thnk we have to bring youth into the team, but we need players with Barry's experience to help the youngsters progress. 

Personally I will miss his Mum and Dad on match days.

I didn't realise loans were still allowed after the transfer window but I wouldn't blame him if he went - he hasn't featured for months now and for whatever reason has little chance of  getting a game :rolleyes02:

A good move for Barry as he obviously still wants to play every week, but a bad move for ICT as far as I am concerned.

Barry is still an SPL quality player. He may not be a 90 minute player these days, but he is one of the few who could come off the bench, or play for the first hour and turn the game in our favour.

I also thought loans were not allowed after the window but if this is true then it is a shocking way to treat a player who is destined for the ICT "Hall of Fame" in the middle of what is his testimonial season.

Maybe I should forsake the journey to Inverness and go to McDairmid to watch my two favourite players instead

You and me both, Alex.  If this story is true then I'm absolutely disgusted by it.  Why is the club allowing this to happen with one of its oldest, most experienced and most respected players, a man who has given so much to the club and the fans and is now being treated like dirt in return?  It stinks.

I agree Mantis, I think he still has a lot to offer ICT and would definitely like to see him with us until at least the end of the season.  Especially with it being his testimonial season. 

Poor bit of business all round if true.  Bazza is one of the very few players we possess that has the ability to change a game.  Looks like wholesale changes are on the way this summer.  In the long run maybe a good thing, short term, very unsettling.

I probably confirms the wee rumour that Brew does not get on with Barry...

He ( Barry) does not even get to help out coaching the reserve games much anymore, he still is a dangerous player to have in your side.

pity really in this swansong season.

Have to say this is the second time in two days that I'm heard this story and the fact that they are non related to each other makes me think its more likely to be true. I also agree with everyone else who says this is a shocking way to treat a player in his testimonial year.

There's no room for sentiment in professional football, so I don't give much credit to the train of thought that suggests Wilson should be involved more just because of the service he has given the club and the fact it's his testimonial season.

However, I do believe Wilson still has something to offer as a player and we should be trying to retain his services and make better use of him on that basis.

The only other thing I would say is that people should not be so quick to point the finger of blame at Brewster as this has far more to do with club politics than it has to do with Director of Football Manager selections.

Guest WynessLegend

All good things come to an end.

Barry's been a fantastic servant to the club over the years,

but sadly there's little left in the tank.

I would wish him well wherever he goes (and if he stays).

I'm pleased that, now we're in a fairly safe league position, we're developing some of the younger players who will be the future of this club.