FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Missing girl found

Action Man

Poor kid.... Thank God she appears to be ok....  :022:

As usual, Sky News are giving this saturation coverage..  The man (39) detained is said to be an "extended family member" Eye witnesses/neighbours said he appeared to be resisting arrest, whilst being dragged into a police car.

Other facts emerging from this story include the revelation that Shannon has 7 sibblings - 5 of whom have different fathers -

Eee ba goom - it's grim up in't north....

Isnt it strange tho that a girl from a low class family goes missing, a bit of coverage on the news....wee girl from higher class background goes missing its rammed down our throats for 3 months!

An 'extended family' with countless problems it would seem. Darn shame for the kids as they're going to grow up thinking that they lead a 'normal' life.

I reckon it was all a scam. An extended family would almost certainly have some kind of finacial problems. I reckon they 'arranged' for her to disappear in the hope that the public would throw money at them like the McCann case....maybe! :024:

Isnt it strange tho that a girl from a low class family goes missing, a bit of coverage on the news....wee girl from higher class background goes missing its rammed down our throats for 3 months!

True... sad,  and the main reason is cutness.

I think the Shannon story has never been off the news, just as much as the Madeleine one was. There's something that doesn't seem right at all about the Shannon incident though. There may well be some indirect link to the Madeleine case....

I think the Shannon story has never been off the news, just as much as the Madeleine one was. There's something that doesn't seem right at all about the Shannon incident though. There may well be some indirect link to the Madeleine case....

I sincerely hope the relevant authorities are having a meaningful look at that angle (link to the Madeleine case)

I do recall seeing one of the "extended family" interviewed a couple of weeks ago complaining that funds had been set up to assist the McCann's in keeping their case in the limelight, whilst Shannon's family hadn't received a penny...

The West Yorkshire Police don't appear to be coming out of this with a lot of credit either, as (allegedly) they had been tipped off earlier about strange goings on at the house where Shannon was discovered yesterday.

Have the family got her back yet?  I reckon there more going on here.

Still in police care as far as I know - which kind of suggests she doesn't want to go back to her mother and step-father...

Poor kid.... what a mess.

• 2 weeks later...

I think the word ROUGH would be a fair summation of the mother

I think the word ROUGH would be a drastic understatement of the mother! :015:

The whole thing is straight out of "Shameless", and indeed The Sun this morning is alleging that they borrowed a plot to kidnap the girl straight from the storyline of that very "upper crust"  :015: drama! In fact the writers of Shameless must be patting each other on the back in celebration of how realistic their show actually is.

"I heard that "

"I wouldnt be suprised if"

"If this i proved to be correct"

"The Sun this morning is alleging"

Sheez! And people complain when there's rumours about Brewster!

Pretty disgraceful speculation here IMHO  :rolleyes02:

"The Sun this morning is alleging"

When people have been arrested and charges may have been made, you really can't be too careful about the way you word public statements. In fact I sometimes cringe at the way in which some posters on here sometimes sail dangerously close to the wind either with regard to defamation or to contempt of court!

An 'extended family' with countless problems it would seem. Darn shame for the kids as they're going to grow up thinking that they lead a 'normal' life.

I reckon it was all a scam. An extended family would almost certainly have some kind of finacial problems. I reckon they 'arranged' for her to disappear in the hope that the public would throw money at them like the McCann case....maybe! :024:

Something you want to tell us Gringo?

it was mentioned on the radio a few days ago that the police were to watch the shameless episode were the child is "kidnapped".