FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Russell Duncan signs new contract

Guest birdog

[attach=1]

It would be nice to see those stats rejigged to show, not the amount of goals but amount of games where each player has scored. It would give a better view of how capable the players are scoring against different teams.

I actually felt that Russell was the best player overall prior to Xmas - when we were playing 4-5-1 with him in the hole we/he were at our best. I would suggest that he has been affected by the general atmosphere as most have. He aint never going to be a playmaker but can be very effective if played in the coreect system.

Jay..................if you did stuff his contract where the sun don't shine, do you think he would pass it OK.

Well laxitives in his diet would certainly make him pass a lot better.  Dare I say it might even improve dribbling?  I still hope it gives him a papercut though...

I have to admit he's an OK player!!

pepole are always so negative towards him!!

he tries hard but makes a lot of mistakes!!

he did a good run in the Gretna game (i think) and it lead to a goal!!

(i wounder if I'm related to him??)

Ok. Can the grammar police go home now and let us get back on topic?

I am happy enough that RD has signed a new contract, and hopefully he, the club, and his agent have let common sense prevail and come to a decent compromise. RD is not a world beater but when on his game can definitely be one of our unsung heroes ... especially if he can cut out the unforced errors.

However, I am less happy with whoever has let it drag on for so long - be that the club for not making a decent offer or the player or his agent for holding out for something unattainable. We will never know who was to blame, or whether they all had a hand in it but it has all added to the turmoil we are seeing spewed out in these last few days, weeks and months.

one 'problem' sorted, only 36543 to go !!!

BBC Website.... "He is an exceptional professional and has not let talks affect his displays recently," manager Craig Brewster told the club website. What!!!!! He's been gash since contract talks started, lets hope he finds his pre-Christmas form now that things are signed and sealed.

Hmm, a fair amount of sarcastic comments regardin Duncan's re-signing.

Okay like the club, Russell isn't going through a particularly great spell, but

a wee look at the bigger picture will tell us that he's consistantly been a stalwart

through much of the history of our young club.

I'm delighted he's put pen to paper. He's one of the boys that has got this club to the position it is now.