FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Ritchie Hart

Joonya

Whilst reading the Courier Story on the 'Wyness Scandle', there was a mention that Ritchie Hart is definately away at the end of the season...

Was he not on trial at Yeovil with Deano Mac and Has he found a new club now? (It's no doubt been mentioned before, but i can't be bothered sifting through pages and pages of threads)...

If he is indeed away, it's a great loss to our club. I truely think he deserved a better run in the starting 11, but like Liam Keogh, he couldn't seem to find the breakthrough for a regular starting place.

Whilst reading the Courier Story on the 'Wyness Scandle', there was a mention that Ritchie Hart is definately away at the end of the season...

Was he not on trial at Yeovil with Deano Mac and Has he found a new club now? (It's no doubt been mentioned before, but i can't be bothered sifting through pages and pages of threads)...

If he is indeed away, it's a great loss to our club. I truely think he deserved a better run in the starting 11, but like Liam Keogh, he couldn't seem to find the breakthrough for a regular starting place.

Hart signed a pre-contract with county

Great loss? Whilst he has been pretty solid over the years I'm afraid I disagree, Brewster pulls the plug on argueably one of ICT's greatest players' contract  (Wyness) and yet the club let Hart back to the office shortly after his court case - what is going on at the club at the moment? Hart was very luckly to keep his job, i;d lose my job if i was convicted of such an offense and i barely earn above minimum wage. Hart on the other hand earns a lot of money, represents a family club and is a pro athlete all of which mean he shouldn;t be taking recreational drugs and if he does he certainly shouldn;t get a nice wee paid holiday then allowed to keep his job, i think after his actions his ability shouldn;t even matter...

At no time did Richie admit to using drugs. He was convicted of possession. I'm quite sure his punishment by the club was unpaid suspension.

I think the crime has been debated enough and the viewpoint now should be about performance. Richie has gotten his head down, worked very hard and played extremely well in the last few reserve games. One of the reasons they are top of the league. He got 20 mins in one senior game and showed that he still has what it takes. Its players like Hart, Wyness and Wilson who made this club.

At no time did Richie admit to using drugs. He was convicted of possession. I'm quite sure his punishment by the club was unpaid suspension.

I think the crime has been debated enough and the viewpoint now should be about performance. Richie has gotten his head down, worked very hard and played extremely well in the last few reserve games. One of the reasons they are top of the league. He got 20 mins in one senior game and showed that he still has what it takes. Its players like Hart, Wyness and Wilson who made this club.

performances aside the guy is a professional sportsperson and  an ambassador for the club with his pretty good wages come certain roles and responsibilities and one of those it not to take illegal drugs, in my opinion he shouldn't have played again for the club again. Whilst i'm not stupid enough to think that coke isn;t a very widespread drug amongst many groups of people, including circles of people i work with regularly but it doesn't make it okay for him to be taking drugs and his performances should not be enough to make this issue be tossed away and forgotten about, whilst I believe in rehabilitation i'm afraid i can't find it in my heart to cheer him on in an ICT top anymore.

Guest WynessLegend

.. and with Hart having signed a pre-contract with County for next year why on earth did that **** Brewster bring him on today!? Unbelievable.

.. and with Hart having signed a pre-contract with County for next year why on earth did that **** Brewster bring him on today!? Unbelievable.

Totally agree. Serves no purpose whatsoever !! :008:

Apart from to show that Brew doesn't have much of a clue. Oh, and possibly to change a game, an ability which Hart used to have when played regularly.

MrKass, please don't restart the flood of sanctimonious comments which we saw here after the court case - it's all been done, we know your opinion, let it be.

Richie is employed by this club till the end of the season. Like the other players he would have been very happy to secure a new contract but was told it wouldn't happen before his current one runs out. Only then would he be considered. Like the other players he chose to secure his future and agreed to join RC at the end of his current deal. Richie is a very professional person and will continue to perform to the best of his ability for his employer regardless of the fact he's leaving. Thats why he deserves to be in the squad.

Yes i agree Alex Snorting White Lines at a Festival....Very Professional indeed!!! Get Him In The Squad!!!

If you mean it's what lots of professionals - footballers or otherwise - do, then you're probably right.

The fact that, under advice, he admitted possession while on holiday, as opposed to tanking nandrolone on the job, doesn't seem to register with some folk.

Recreational drug use is a fact in our society, like it or not, and disbarring lawyers, sacking footballers or deselecting MPs isn't going to change that. It does remain, however, an entirely different issue from performance-enhancing drug use banned by a specific sport: it's not cheating (if anything it's likely to have an adverse effect on your performance).

I know I asked RichieKass to let this lie on another thread, but it seems that some people are still living in Cloud Cuckoo...

Was his car running!!! If it wasnt and the keys weren't in the ignition  he cant be charged with being in control of a motor vehicle!!!

Alex don't be so naieve the Class A's were on a CD in Front of his face but they weren't his of course they weren't!!!

He pleaded guilty because he wanted it over and down with,we've all done that :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Guilty as charged in my opinion and if u want to believe he was holding them for a mate then more fool u!!!

reefinweed, my point is that there are solicitors, teachers, CEOs etc, etc, who use recreational drugs as a matter of course but who, whilst often on comparable or vastly superior wages to Richie Hart, don't get fingered at music festivals by fans of rival law firms/ schools/ businesses or discussed on fan forums.

4ize i know what your sying,yes it's a common society thing but Law Firms School Teachers etc do not have thousands of people expecting them to do their job to ahigh standard

Hey I'm not knocking any Drug user it's everyones choice!!

Butr for a highly paid(For Highland Wages!!!) Professional sportsman to be involved is out of order

I'm not naieve enough to think it doesnt go on but to do it in full view of drug sqauad and whoeve else was passing is plain wrong in my eyes

the club is well rid,maybe  on county's wages he will only be able to afford speed  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

4ize i know what your sying,yes it's a common society thing but Law Firms School Teachers etc do not have thousands of people expecting them to do their job to ahigh standard

Really?  :023:

Ach, it's one we could contest till the cows come home (I have no cows, so I'll be waiting a while)...

Guest WynessLegend

We're straying from the point here.

For the remainder of this season we're going nowhere - and we're safe from relegation.

So why build up the confidence and fitness of a County player when we have plenty of our own who would give their all to be in the team.

Brewster's decision was quite simply idiotic.

In the extreme.

We're straying from the point here.

For the remainder of this season we're going nowhere - and we're safe from relegation.

So why build up the confidence and fitness of a County player when we have plenty of our own who would give their all to be in the team.

In the extreme.

Maybe it aint too late to change his mind :023:

In the extreme.

Wrong. Brewster's decision to slice from the squad those midfielders who had the ability to come off the bench and positively change a game - Rankin, Hart, Morgan, plus Wilson and Sutherland on loan - was idiotic. His decision to play Ritchie this afternoon was a mark of his confusion - as was Vigurs' start - but perhaps also a belated realisation that there's the one player still kicking around at the club who gives him an attacking option when things are going tits up. Unfortunately he's been languishing in the reserves after a prolonged lay-off (his own fault, I know) and isn't properly match fit.

I was pleased to see Ritchie come on today although he looked a bit short of match fitness. We missed Don Cowie big-time! I don't think this was the game to experiment with young Vigurs. He will be a good player yet but his mistakes (from inexperience) were costly. Russel Duncan had a really good 2007 but should have been hooked today for his bad passing. The whole issue of his contract agreement - I believe - has not helped his game and I feel it has been a damaging distraction affecting not only himself but also the team.

In fairness, Brew brought on his three substitutes while there was still plenty of time left but our whole defensive structure was fragile. Marking by midfielders was woeful at times. We still haven't recovered from the loss of Darren Dodds. Not only was he a strong defender but he was a strong captain.