FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Potential signings.

jamieb

heard that steven robb of dundee utd has been made an offer from brewster but wants to wait and see if utd offer him a new contract.according to utd fan he is a good player but unlucky with injury.

• 3 weeks later...

not any thats going to set the heather on fire anyway  :009: chester players, former teammates now in his top 10 friends on bebo :tic01: and robbo's has'beens  :029: thank feck for that scouting network system we have where would we be without it  :sillywave:

give the man a break - he already has Darren Huckerby on his back.

Looking atthese quotes from saturdays P&J I dont see much chance of Huckleberry or anyone else from English lower leagues coming here.

INVERNESS manager Craig Brrewster will continue his policy of scouring the lower leagues for new players.

Brewster says the high wages paid to players at other SPL clubs ? and in England?s League 1 and League 2 ? are outwith his budget.

A recent scouting mission to Chester City proved unfruitful and Brewster will now look at promising young Scots ? with Ross County forward Andy Barrowman near the top of his list.

He said: ?It?s a case of who is available at your budget ? we have to be realistic.

?Teams like Peterborough and MK Dons are paying some of their players ?5,000 a week.

?I brought David Proctor back in, a young guy with potential, and Dougie Imrie, another young player with potential. Charlie Christie signed Don Cowie for his potential and that is the route the club has to go down when they are bringing players in.

?You hope you create a good environment to do well. If they do that, you hope to tie them up for longer or move them on.?

Rumour doing the rounds in the Granite City

Richie Byrne to ICT  :010:

please no!!  :029:

an aberdeen supporting colleague of mine is delighted to hear that he is away and highly amused by the fact it may be to ICT. he may be ok going forward but defensively i'm not convinced. didnt he get hooked at half time for dunfermline when we played them in the cup at hampden a few years back, if i'm thinking of the same guy he was absolutely terrible!

Scouting players who have potential is great and one i totally agree with CB on, however, ICT could wait a season or 2 for that potential to show...we need players who are SPL ready now!

Although i feel for CB..he must be the only manager in the SPL with a 0 transfer budget.

We will waith until Mr Fraser informs us of a budget for next season...if we get to hear about it!