Brewster

TomCaleyJag

Do you still support Craig Brewster, and believe he is the right man to take the club forward?  

356 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

Guest birdog

L_G you do it because your heart is in the right place and you take the responsibility of looking out for the interests of others seriously. You guys do a great job getting the voices of us fans heard and at the end of the day you know that the quote from TCJ was borne out of anger and not thought through, by a hormonal teenager.

Hopefully TCJ will read your post and take it in.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe the "Supporters Trust" believe the idea is to be "supportive" to the club.

I was under the impression that the supporter's trust was supposed to be looking after the supporters. If that is their job, their clearly not doing anything remotely like it and in any other industry would be sacked.

Don't know how I missed this comment.  Not sure how you go about sacking the Supporter's Trust.  The board members are all volunteers, who are all busy people, but give up time to do the work of the Trust.  One of our main priorities is raising money, hence the events, much of this goes back to ICT to improve something or to buy some new equipment and we have sponsored the street league this year with equipment and first aid kits.  We also do speak to the football club on a monthly basis and discuss any issues that have arisen, or discuss future improvements etc.  We do take the fans complaints to these meetings and have organised special meetings when there has been problems to sort. e.g the initial problems with the singing section.  We met on the Sunday night to decide how best to deal with the issues. 

I wish I had seen this post before I arranged a meeting with Mike Smith on your behalf.  I am giving up my personal time tomorrow morning to meet with Mike Smith to discuss whether or not he should have removed your banner.  I really wish I hadn't bothered.  :008:

Admittedly that post was made in the heat of the moment, and without sufficient information. The post was made on the basis that memebers of the trust had condemned me for complaining about the removal of my banner. So it seemed that the Supporters trust was doing nothing for the supporters.  However, I am immensley grateful that you have taken the time out to do this for me, and also that you invited me to the meeting on Monday as your guest. On the basis of that, I cheerfully withdraw my post  :003:  Many apologies.

1. The Supporters Trust was not set up to act as a go between in fan disputes. It was set up as a means whereby the ordinary fan, through subscription, can have a share in the club and a voice in the running of the club. Members of the Trust Committee such as L_G do, however, give of there own free time, and use there contact with club officials, to bring up issues raised by fans and I'm sure they will continue to do so. They are not, however, there to be abused by all and sundry.

2. Fans with banners and flags want somewhere to display those and Mike Smith is looking into providing an area for such. He is unable to snap his fingers and do that immediately because of the issue with pre-paid advertising boards around the ground. To hang banners that are seen as objectionable by the club will not endear MS to helping the fans in their quest.

While it appears that Brewster may not have been as culpable as we all thought in matters such as the withdrawal of Denzil's contract, I'm still to be convinced, given his very poor record both here and at Tannadice, that he is a competent manager.

Nevertheless, he is the man in possession and recent results have been better than the terrible spell of defeat after defeat. I'm almost pusueded that he should be given until christmas to show what he can do with his own squad of players.

How many people voting to keep him actually attend away games?

Watching ICT these days is like watching paint dry. Rangers are boring but at least they win occasionally.

Get him to feck now before he takes us to div 1.

This season has been a relative success, in that we have stayed in the spl, but if we don't make the step up in the next couple of seasons to the top six then we will go down.  If you look at most of the established teams in the spl, they have all been relegated but came back stronger.  Somehow i can't see us coming back stronger from being relegated, we would probably become a mid-table division one club, where we probably should be.

This year motherwell, united, hibs and st mirren have all got much better, while we have become a little stagnant and involved in 'dressing-room unrest' and 'directors turmoil'.  However we are still in the top league in scotland with normal attendances of just over 3500 and a transfer budget of ?0.  People on this forum need to sit down, shut up and be grateful we have spl football at our local club.

I am 'caley till i die' and while brewster is manager and we're in the top league in scotland, i will be delighted.

'we would probably become a mid-table division one club, where we probably should be.'

Maybe where you think we should be, I dont, we are where we are because ICT deserve it.

' This year motherwell, united, hibs and st mirren have all got much better '

Motherwell and utd are over achieving, purely because of good management, Midden have got much better? oh really? they couldnt score against Gretna today.

I also believe we are where we are because we deserve it, but we have the resources of a mid-table 1st division club.

St mirren have improved their squad with dargo, that guy they signed from the mls, recently tom brighton once of clyde fame, jack ross.  In my eyes that is improving, and they will be chasing our tails next season. 

Motherwell and utd are over-achieving??  Purely because of good management??????  How else were thay going to improve??

Hibs have always had good foundations and will flourish under paataleinen.  Motherwell will only get better and better under mcghee.  I think you mis-understood my post somewhat. :029:

I also believe we are where we are because we deserve it, but we have the resources of a mid-table 1st division club.

St mirren have improved their squad with dargo, that guy they signed from the mls, recently tom brighton once of clyde fame, jack ross.  In my eyes that is improving, and they will be chasing our tails next season. 

Motherwell and utd are over-achieving??  Purely because of good management??????  How else were thay going to improve??

Hibs have always had good foundations and will flourish under paataleinen.  Motherwell will only get better and better under mcghee.  I think you mis-understood my post somewhat. :029:

One goal  :015: get a grip :029:

He's had a bad season, next year if he isn't back to his caley best, then we can start writing him off as a goalscorer.

I'm not waiting a year!! I'm doing it now  :023:

I wish everybody would start adopting that stance with wyness. :clapping03:

:024: :021: Don't let TCJ hear u say that though  :023:

How many people voting to keep him actually attend away games?

Watching ICT these days is like watching paint dry. Rangers are boring but at least they win occasionally.

Get him to feck now before he takes us to div 1.

When you watch paint dry you at least get a positive end result  :001:

He's had a bad season, next year if he isn't back to his caley best, then we can start writing him off as a goalscorer.

I'm not waiting a year!! I'm doing it now  :023:

I wish everybody would start adopting that stance with wyness. :clapping03:

Aaaaaaaaaagggghhhhh!!!!!!

Rowdy's right....

WTF is with all the wyness-bashing??? Am I the only one who thinks he's good enough for the SPL? Right Im making a poll.

Every team in this league wants a top six and a crack at the uefa spot. I wouldn't care if we finished 11th every season so long as we were showing that we had fight in our bones. If we were forever playing like we can against Rangers, Celtic, Hearts and Aberdeen and we were doing enough to always stay in the league but doing well in cup runs, entertaining the fans etc aka Pele days I'd be happy. I'm a realist. I know we dont have the funds to bring in top players but I also know that the players we have can perform near miracles when they really want to.

I also know that the players weren't happy with Brews appointment. They didn't like the fact they were not asked for an opinion on the appointment. I wonder if some of them are failing to perform in the hope someone at the top starts to question Brew's ability.

And pllleeeeaaaaase.......................this is NOT a Wyness thread

That was one thing that this season missed was a GOOD cup run, yes we did alright in the CIS cup but then we got pumped by Aberdeen  :020:

Just like Alex said, when these players want to they can play their hearts out, like we have against Celtic numerous times  :crazy07: