FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Eurovision

Yngwie

you surely don't find it entertaining musically or otherwise

I find it very entertaining and interesting, mainly for non-musical reasons. It's a fascinating insight into the culture of the countires who ultimately control Europe and the UK.

On the one hand you've got Eastern European nations craving acceptance by the west and seeing Eurovision as a way to achieve this, entering their top stars and spending millions on production, meanwhile established western nations take the p1ss out of the whole thing (apart from the UK, who don't really know how to approach it any more).

Musically, amongst the dross there are always a couple of pleasant surprises and credible songs that would stand up well in whatever their genre is.

However I haven't been sreiously into any Eurovision acts since Bucks Fizz in 1981.

Guest couchpotato

However I haven't been sreiously into any Eurovision acts since Bucks Fizz in 1981.

PHEW! i thought for a moment you were being serious

Nobody in their part of the world wants to play with them.

That's what happens if you're a bad boy and try to steal other people's sweets.

I still don't get why they get to pretend to be European though. If anything I would have thought they would prefer to play with the Americans.

But back to Eurovision - I actually liked last year's UK entry as that was PURE p*ss take.

clicky

Why all this division and strife between different peoples.  I look forward to the day when breeding has made us all genetically closer.  There will be no black. No white.  We'll all be just one light brown colour. We can cease our racial prejudices and embrace the the common ties that bring us closer...just like India and Pakistan have been doing for decades...

Why all this division and strife between different peoples.  I look forward to the day when breeding has made us all genetically closer.  There will be no black. No white.  We'll all be just one light brown colour. We can cease our racial prejudices and embrace the the common ties that bring us closer...just like India and Pakistan have been doing for decades...

:rotflmao:  Thank you, Cliff Richard!