FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Pressley

Steven Pressley is poised to join Peterborough (i think it was) on trial. I think it would be a good signing for most teams despite his age.

Eh hang on wait a minute. Defender, great reader of the game, born leader, strong in the air, strong physique. A great dressing room influence.

Cant help think i'm missing something here :024: perhaps someone could help me out.

Guest gerrybrisbane

I'd have him at the back for sure.  Good experience to pass on aswell as could join the coaching staff.

please bear in mind there is nothing concrete in this... he's on trial at doncaster and thats the last we'll probably hear of him in a playing capacity.

In saying that he's exactly the type we should be looking at, even for a year or two. Him, Brewster and Malky Thompson would also be a very sound coaching team.

Unfortunately we can only but dream.... :023:

Him, Brewster and Malky Thompson would also be a very sound coaching team.

Pressley - Manager

Parky -  Assistant

Christie - Assistant

Brewster - Fitness/ Coach

Shearer - Coach

Clellend - Coach

Pele - Scout

Malky- Water Boy.

Perfecto!

Him, Brewster and Malky Thompson would also be a very sound coaching team.

Pressley - Manager

Parky -  Assistant

Christie - Assistant

Brewster - Fitness/ Coach

Shearer - Coach

Clellend - Coach

Pele - Scout

Malky- Water Boy.

Perfecto!

I think Malky is a decent coach and has been highly thought of at previous clubs so to suggest waterboy. Touch insulting.

Also Pressley has very little coaching experience let alone managerial experience... Although I do think he'd work well as a coach alongside Brewster and Malky Thompson.

Pele as scout is a good shout though!

From what I've heard from players, younger ones and a very important starting 11 player that Malky is a poor coach and an utter ******!  Also a major wido starting on someone I know for bumping into them on a night out and having to be pulled away.  It seems, that he thinks he's great but really isn't. 

Bring back Parky (but we know that'll never happen)

iamcaptain1, when have any of our managers had expierence?.

iamcaptain1, when have any of our managers had expierence?.

Steve Paterson was a fairly successful manager at Huntly.

John Robertson was working his way up to management and was an experienced coach when we got him.

Brewster was a manager before.... with us and did quite well before jumping ship and then sinking that ship before going on a wee boat to get back to his first ship where he has done ok since returning.

Paterson had although only worked with Huntly, he had been working on his coaching for a while before that. Robbo as said was a good coach before joining us. Charlie was only appointed for his long time affinity with the club lets be honest. Even if he is a good coach its unlikely he'll ever work elsewhere.

I can only take your word on Malky's attitude but not everyone can handle their drink and perhaps he took offence at the manner of the bumping into. Spilt his pint or something.

Parky is the only one with any long term coaching experience but lets face it as much as he seemed to enjoy working at the club his heart is in the capital.

I dont see any great idea in replacing someone with a good track record at ICT in management with a rookie based on his iron will and leadership alone.

I miss his press announcements. "The boys showed great character" delivered in a voice suggesting someone had just declared war on the country.

I can see Doncaster's point of view that he isn't totally match fit, but I feel sorry for him not to be given the chance. I certainly would have no objection to seeing him at TCS.

He was outwitted by Marius but he had just returned from an injury and I think operation. I repeat what I said earlier that he is tremendously inspirational. Marius has returned home, perhaps it is time for Steven to return home to his roots. By that I mean just down the road from Elgin. He is a free agent, highly experienced, and will not just give up. He could be a quality addition if he was prepared to fit into our wage structure.

Pressley is rubbish.

100% agree. Has anyone actually seen Steven Pressley have a good game in the last 2 years? There are reasons for players not playing when fully fit! If Munro turns like a barge, Pressley moves like tectonic plates.

What's happened to the "if he's not good enough for the Celtic reserve team, he's not good enough for our first team" attitude?

Avoid :018:

I'd definitely have him.  And if you read Doncaster's announcement (Championship club by the way), then they've not given up either.  In their League, with their squad, they need to be fired up straight away - no way can they allow a player to slowly become match fit, or else they'll be adrift.  We don't have many options, plus, what we're needing is an organiser and leader at the back - not a bright young thing with potential.

By the way, O'Dea, Wilson, Riordan, Gravesen, Donati, O'Brien, Balde, Scott and Mark Brown, Samaras, Sno, Killen, Kennedy and Caddis.  None of them were first team picks at the end of the season - all of them good enough for us.  We're not even in the same league as Celtic*

And Pressley, after a few games, was good in his first season with Celtic - so much so, he was a frontrunner for captaincy.  Then he had an injury.  I suspect like David Weir, he probably relies on matches to stay fir and sharp, so getting match fit will be twice as tough (especially at a team like Celtic).

Chris

* well, we are but you know what I mean