FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

SUPPORTERS CLUB - RACE NIGHT

Ladyf

The Supporters Club are holding a Race Night on Friday 26th September in the Social Club, Greig Street 7.30 start - Admission ?3 including Buffet.

Come along bring your pals for a good night out, good laugh and a chance to win a small fortune on the horses. (or donkeys)., also Raffle. Contact Kath on 07715833250 for tickets or any other member of Supporters Club Committee.

if your looking for a race and or horse sponsor i usually have one of each. not gonna manage to make the night but i will make sure the money gets to you

Hope you are in town on the 12th then Tug, as the Supporters Trust have a race night booked in the Caley Club that night. Details to follow at the beginning of the week.

Last one of these I went to I just about bankrupt myself? :thumb04:

Have added it to the Upcoming Events List which is stickied at the top of the page for ya.

:018: The dreaded number 6 :rotflmao: Think you'll be busy on the 26th Sept CaleyD - I know I am. ;)

Hope you are in town on the 12th then Tug, as the Supporters Trust have a race night booked in the Caley Club that night. Details to follow at the beginning of the week.

if thats the 12th of december then your on, not likey to be much before then im afraid, its an awfy long way back frae Basra for a race night. LOL

not sayin it wouldnt be worth it mind you i enjoyed the last one :rotflmao:

:lol: :015: ;) :rotflmao: :thumb04: :018:

if thats the 12th of december then your on, not likey to be much before then im afraid, its an awfy long way back frae Basra for a race night. LOL

not sayin it wouldnt be worth it mind you i enjoyed the last one :D

Could somebody from supporters club please confirm date of race night as i am confused to say the least . I read last night it was on 26th sept. now tonight it appears to be changed to 12th i will be disappointed if this is the case as i had planned to go but as 12th sept is my wed anniversary it would be out of the question .

Can see it being less than well subscribed if it is on the 26th September -- due to a few ICT fans being at a competing event taking place at the stadium - isnt that right Jnr / CCC

:lol: :015: ;) :rotflmao: :thumb04: :018:

Could somebody from supporters club please confirm date of race night as i am confused to say the least . I read last night it was on 26th sept. now tonight it appears to be changed to 12th i will be disappointed if this is the case as i had planned to go but as 12th sept is my wed anniversary it would be out of the question .

It would seem we have 2 different events. Supporter's Trust Race Night on the 12th September and the Supporters Club are having one on the 26th of September. The Trust almost booked the 26th but then we realised that some of us had a prior engagement.

Your not the only one confused, the guy who does the race nights almost cancelled the Trust date as he assumed it was moved to the 26th and didn't realise it was different altogether. Shame they are so close together but that can't be helped.

:rotflmao: The dreaded number 6 ;) Think you'll be busy on the 26th Sept CaleyD - I know I am. :thumb04:

Your telling me, I think Les must have had a word with the guy in revenge for Paul and I blowing his money in Tesco :018:

It would seem we have 2 different events. Supporter's Trust Race Night on the 12th September and the Supporters Club are having one on the 26th of September. The Trust almost booked the 26th but then we realised that some of us had a prior engagement.

Your not the only one confused, the guy who does the race nights almost cancelled the Trust date as he assumed it was moved to the 26th and didn't realise it was different altogether. Shame they are so close together but that can't be helped.

thank you for putting my mind at ease as i have arranged to bring quite a lot of friends along and since i had to disaapoint them already this season with an event cancellation ,if i had to do it again i would not be very popular and it leaves me free on 12th to celebrate my anniversary. I must add as an avid member who only wishes the best for the club and wants to see us move forward it is sad to think that the supporters club and supporters trust do not seem to be working together .As they have been advertised in the space of 24hrs between i think it needs looking into as i can forsee problems especially when its the same event thats taking place .The mind boggles .

thank you for putting my mind at ease as i have arranged to bring quite a lot of friends along and since i had to disaapoint them already this season with an event cancellation ,if i had to do it again i would not be very popular and it leaves me free on 12th to celebrate my anniversary. I must add as an avid member who only wishes the best for the club and wants to see us move forward it is sad to think that the supporters club and supporters trust do not seem to be working together .As they have been advertised in the space of 24hrs between i think it needs looking into as i can forsee problems especially when its the same event thats taking place .The mind boggles .

Izzy - you are absolutely right. Unfortunately as it stands both organisations are completely independant of each other. Both have completely different roles and raise money for different purposes, although there are a number of members common to both groups.

Supporters Trust raises money for a wide range of things including purchasing of shares within the club to give the fans a bigger voice. We already have a 10% voting right as well as substantial amount of actual shares. We have sponsored the Street League this season to encourage grass roots football, we are subsidising the cost of the youth team buses for the coming season as well as a few smaller community projects. We have again purchased a group of season tickets for this season where we invite schools and youth groups to come along to games and hope that some return with their families in the future. Throughout the year we try to organise a wide range of events so that hopefully there is something for everyone.

The Supporters' Club as far as I know also have a shareholding in ICT and do a fantastic job running the Supporter's Buses for all away games. The costs are ever increasing and I'm sure their fundraising will go towards subsidising the travel for our fans. There is no doubt we have the short straw when it comes to travelling to away games, so hopefully this will help to ensure that these buses can continue at a reasonable price to encourage their use. Lady Fraser does a fantastic job of organising these buses and rarely misses a game herself so I'm sure she will appreciate your support.

I would hate to see a Trust v Club situation, but hopefully I have explained a little about the different organisations (although I am in no way qualified to speak on behalf of the supporters club and I'm sure someone will be along very shortly to correct me if I have spoken out of turn :-) )

I'm sure both nights can be a success

:rotflmao:

Izzy - you are absolutely right. Unfortunately as it stands both organisations are completely independant of each other. Both have completely different roles and raise money for different purposes, although there are a number of members common to both groups.

Supporters Trust raises money for a wide range of things including purchasing of shares within the club to give the fans a bigger voice. We already have a 10% voting right as well as substantial amount of actual shares. We have sponsored the Street League this season to encourage grass roots football, we are subsidising the cost of the youth team buses for the coming season as well as a few smaller community projects. We have again purchased a group of season tickets for this season where we invite schools and youth groups to come along to games and hope that some return with their families in the future. Throughout the year we try to organise a wide range of events so that hopefully there is something for everyone.

The Supporters' Club as far as I know also have a shareholding in ICT and do a fantastic job running the Supporter's Buses for all away games. The costs are ever increasing and I'm sure their fundraising will go towards subsidising the travel for our fans. There is no doubt we have the short straw when it comes to travelling to away games, so hopefully this will help to ensure that these buses can continue at a reasonable price to encourage their use. Lady Fraser does a fantastic job of organising these buses and rarely misses a game herself so I'm sure she will appreciate your support.

I would hate to see a Trust v Club situation, but hopefully I have explained a little about the different organisations (although I am in no way qualified to speak on behalf of the supporters club and I'm sure someone will be along very shortly to correct me if I have spoken out of turn :-)

L.G. thank you for your very informative explanation but at no time did i think that you are not doing a good job but what i questioned is the fact both are having the same fund raising events within two weeks of each other with the best will in the world i cant see how both can benefit from this .Is there no other way of fund raising than race nights ,and before you ask i dont have any suggestions at moment but maybe someone out there has .

Edited by L_G

:rotflmao:

L.G. thank you for your very informative explanation but at no time did i think that you are not doing a good job but what i questioned is the fact both are having the same fund raising events within two weeks of each other with the best will in the world i cant see how both can benefit from this .Is there no other way of fund raising than race nights ,and before you ask i dont have any suggestions at moment but maybe someone out there has .

I didn't think you were critisicing, just thought I would try to clarify some of the differences. There are lots of different ideas and we do a wide variety of events, the race night is just an unfortunate coincidence. The Trust held one this time last year and didn't repeat it as we had planned in March/April time as we were made aware of the Clubs plans to hold one, so we avoided the clash. By the time I heard the supporters club were planning arranging another one, we had already booked for September so it's just an unfortunate co-incidence.

I'm sure there are enough people in Inverness to cope with the two nights.

Edited by L_G

I didn't think you were critisicing, just thought I would try to clarify some of the differences. There are lots of different ideas and we do a wide variety of events, the race night is just an unfortunate coincidence. The Trust held one this time last year and didn't repeat it as we had planned in March/April time as we were made aware of the Clubs plans to hold one, so we avoided the clash. By the time I heard the supporters club were planning arranging another one, we had already booked for September so it's just an unfortunate co-incidence.

I'm sure there are enough people in Inverness to cope with the two nights.

L.G....Oh well in the unfortunate event of both taking place so close i really wish you all good luck and for the sake of all parties involved i hope there ARE enough people in Inverness ,but i still feel in future there should be a bit better communication between both as we hopefully all have the clubs best interest at heart and lets not have any more coincidences.Good luck to you all and heres to a good night .