FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Whats yer all time Fave Album?

SMEE

According to my Itunes, these are the albums I listen to the most... which i'd agree are up there with my favourite albums.

The Get Up Kids - Something to Write home about

Mogwai - Happy Music For Happy People

Frightened Rabbit - Midnight Organ Fight

I saw Frightend Rabbit live @ Belladrum this year. Most enjoyable they were too. But when i checked out the studio stuff, it lost its appeal. Mind you, give me live ahead of studio recordings any day

Since they've got in a second guitarist I think they're live performances have suffered actually...

Great album though.

It would be, Once Upon a Time by Simple Minds.

Class album that, and one of the albums of my formative years. They were heading for great things before making a wrong turn with the Street Fighting Years album. Never recovored IMHO. Fantastic band live to this day too!

The Black Album by Metallica :rotflmao:

I find it pretty much impossible to choose an all time fave. I struggled to come up with a top 5 when thinking about it recently. It changes over time and with my mood.

Perhaps Maiden's Number of the Beast because of what it meant to me at the time, with honourable mentions to Chilli Peppers By the Way and Manic Street Preachers Everything Must Go. Oh and then there's Guns'n'Roses Appetite for Destruction.

Manic Street Preachers - The Holy Bible.

A disturbing insight into the dark, depressing world of Richard Edwards who consipired to write some haunting lyrics yet were still deeply personal and emotive. Musically, it was excellent. Lyrically, it is outstanding. Faster, REVOL, Yes and PCP are unrelnting in their punk fury while 4st 7lbs is still one of my favourite Manics tracks ever.

I have the 10th anniversary edition of this album which has extra mixes, videos and performances. The performance of Faster on TotP prompted 25,000 complaints because the band played in IRA style balaclavas :o

Edited by RiG

The Stone Roses - 'The Stone Roses'

Some folk mentioned Oasis - 'What's the Story'. I much preferred 'Definitely Maybe' and I don't think anything Oasis have done since has come anywhere near close to matching it!

Simple Minds - 'Once Upon a Time'....another classic.

Big Country - 'The Crossing'.

The View - 'Hats off to the Buskers'

The Smiths - 'Rank'

The Stone Roses - 'The Stone Roses' YES!

Some folk mentioned Oasis - 'What's the Story'. I much preferred 'Definitely Maybe' and I don't think anything Oasis have done since has come anywhere near close to matching it!

Simple Minds - 'Once Upon a Time'....another classic. YES!

Big Country - 'The Crossing'.YES!

The View - 'Hats off to the Buskers'

The Smiths - 'Rank'