FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Missed chances

martinskye

This is doing my nut in. We are well on top of teams e.g the well and falkirk today, but seem to fail to convert tha chances.

Tonight : 1. Cowie was clean through on goal and hit the side netting.

2. Adam Rooney missed a free header on the goal.

3. Gary Wood spurned another opportunity.

Im not having a dig at these players but we can't convert anything. I travel from Skye to all our home games and listen to all the away on the radio and week after week im gritting my teeth, it was the story at the beginning of last season.

Im not sure whether it is due to a lack of experience up fron tor what but it will have to change.

It can't always be blamed on Brewster - the teeam's creating chances but nmot scoring- it is individual errors.

I know a certain number 28 who could chane our fortunes. The last ball Brewster kicked for us was for our first win of last season againmst Hearts.

I rate brewster and the team highly, I don't want to see wasted opportunities stop us progressing to the next level.

Im sure Brew's fortunes will change, sadly I don't believe this Saturday.....

Brew should get the togs on and play another game --maybe it will be some kind of incentive to the younger brigade to understand that a chance is a gift and you must try very hard indeed to AT LEAST get it on target ("cowie clean through and he hits the side netting").C'mon Brew, show how frustrated you are and get out on the park ......

I agree that seems to be the sad story this season of repetitive muffed or fluffed chances. Can't win games that way. Players maybe need to put in more work on the training ground and get lethal.On target a hard shot has a great chance of a score or a rebound and score. A hard shot one inch past the post is a waste. Like "a miss is as good as a mile".

Do youthink that the next goal scored by ICT will stop the rot and be a great incentive to all the players?

C'mon ICT.

It does seem to be a recurring theme I agree.

To be fair though, of the ones you mention....

Cowie was at a very tight angle.

Rooneys header was good, the keeper made a good save.

The worst miss of the night was tokely just before half time. Free header at the back post and he somehow managed to put absolutely nowhere near the goal.

Of our 3 strikers, Rooney is the only one who looks like he could really do well. Wood has plenty of potential, but pairing two inexperienced 19 year olds up front is hardly going to instill fear in opposition defences. Oh, and Barrowman is just mince IMO.

Rooney header was a great effort on goal keeper did well - also he should have had a penalty - as for Rosso what was he thinking - just put the ball back accross the goal area please

And another thing I notice why do we insist on having shots on goal from 30 - 40 yards out when we

anyway I think Brewster needs to stick with 2 forwards up front so hopefully he will stay with

Rooney and Barrowman they need to get games together. Rooney will start to score more goals now if he gets games . So come on Caley lets hear you all on Saturday :rotflmao:

When he was first at the club his impact as a player was excellent. His goals and overall play were so good for a guy of his age then. But that was 3 years ago and he is even older now...but i think if he played for just an hour that could really infuence the team. Only drawback is that he is rather injury prone.

We still need a striker who's experienced a this level, though. We really shot ourselves in the foot when we let all our experienced strikers leave without replacing any of them. I remain to be convinced about Barrowman: there's a gap the size of the Great Glen between division 2 and the SPL.

We still need a striker who's experienced a this level, though. We really shot ourselves in the foot when we let all our experienced strikers leave without replacing any of them. I remain to be convinced about Barrowman: there's a gap the size of the Great Glen between division 2 and the SPL.

Yes Emma, that gap is division 1

On saying that though.........the only prize in div 1 is promotion. In the leagues below there's a chance of play-offs. In the SPL there's a chance of europe, either through third place and uefa or intertoto.

Div 1 is the one with the most competition and only one team will get the glory. Sh!t system if you ask me.

Edited by Alex MacLeod

Barrowman seems to have been played in dribs and drabs thus far. Has he had a real run of it. Wood seems to be playing alot but other than his goal against Celtic isn't showing he really merits a start week in week out.

I can only presume Rory is finished at Caley as he's not really had a look in (unless he is injured or has been) That will proably suit most people if it turns out to be the case. I can see him being moved on in January.

But we do need a 30 year old with a bit of experience to help the young lads out.

Brew aint played compeditively in a year folks. He has probably lost a fair bit to his game and certainly wont be match sharp.

martinskye--if you are saying that you believe the Dingwallians that barrowman is a great strikerand will come good why do you think he has been so ineffective to date?

Well he's not had a decent run of games due to injuries and a bit of rotation up front.

Also he hasn;t exactly had a barrowload of chances to prove his worth.

martinskye--if you are saying that you believe the Dingwallians that barrowman is a great strikerand will come good why do you think he has been so ineffective to date?

Well he's not had a decent run of games due to injuries and a bit of rotation up front.

The thing that's frustrated me about Barrowman when I've seen him so far is how little he does on the field when he's not got the ball to feet around the box (against Hearts he was woeful). It looks like a lack of effort - but then we were criticising Niculae last season for dropping too deep. Maybe we don't press enough to have the luxury of a "penlty-box" striker in the starting line up - but then maybe if Brewster played Imrie and Cowie on their preferred wings then we'd get to the bye-line more and create more chances for Barrowman. Certainly the apparent lack of effort will not sit well with Brewster, which is maybe why he hasn't been starting, but then if that's the case, why did he sign him in the first place? Possibly he's just not suited to a team that plays on the break more often than not.

The thing that's frustrated me about Barrowman when I've seen him so far is how little he does on the field when he's not got the ball to feet around the box (against Hearts he was woeful). It looks like a lack of effort - but then we were criticising Niculae last season for dropping too deep. Maybe we don't press enough to have the luxury of a "penlty-box" striker in the starting line up - but then maybe if Brewster played Imrie and Cowie on their preferred wings then we'd get to the bye-line more and create more chances for Barrowman. Certainly the apparent lack of effort will not sit well with Brewster, which is maybe why he hasn't been starting, but then if that's the case, why did he sign him in the first place? Possibly he's just not suited to a team that plays on the break more often than not.

I think you may have a point here, I also thought that Marius dropped to deep last season but think it was a case of doing that or not been involved in the game, having watched Marius in a couple of Dinamo games he doesnt drop nearly as deep as he did when he was with us