FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Why not at home?

stevico1

Great 3 points away from home again, why not at home?

It has been said that this is down to Brews lack of tactical awareness, yet how can he get the tactics right away? have we just been unlucky at home or have we just been lucky away, I dont think we have been just unlucky away (okay apart from thier penalty miss today) and although I wasnt there today, I am sure those that were will enlighten me it appeared the team fight and spirit was there. is the home form just a mind thing that after one good performance or a bit of luck going our way things will improve, I am not sure. I do think Brew got the tactics wrong at home this season but how can we do well away from home?

It's incredible, and baffling. Only the OF have a better away record. Only Hamilton have a worse home record (but from 1 home game less than us).

If our record was the other way round, the fans would be very content. As it is, 3,000 see us play badly and lose, while only 100 or so see us do well and win.

We dont have the guile to break down defences at home , much easier to sit in and hit on the counter attack away from home IMO.

a combination of things but thats about the size of it, plus tactics have been poor at times, luck has not been on our side much at home and i think the players seem nervous at home

It's incredible, and baffling. Only the OF have a better away record. Only Hamilton have a worse home record (but from 1 home game less than us).

If our record was the other way round, the fans would be very content. As it is, 3,000 see us play badly and lose, while only 100 or so see us do well and win.

Agreed I really cant understand it

Edited by stevico1

:rotflmao:

We dont have the guile to break down defences at home , much easier to sit in and hit on the counter attack away from home IMO.

a combination of things but thats about the size of it, plus tactics have been poor at times, luck has not been on our side much at home and i think the players seem nervous at home

I agree with the point about tactics & nervousness ,its not like we've been hammered in a single match , just getting beat by 1 goal or so .

I wonder how we'll get on next away game :thumb04:

Agreed I really cant understand it

We set up with one up front against Falkirk - what more can I say? Even when we start with two centre forwards at home it's still the one-up-front mentality, with a target man to lay it off for the 'real' striker. Why? Because that's all the manager knows. It works away from home - with a healthy rub of the green like missed penalties and blinding saves from Esson - but it doesn't work at home. Still, if he makes last orders at the Heathmount, Brew can toast the victory secure in the knowledge that eighth place delays his P45 at least until January. I'd have taken going bottom today if it meant that we could move on from this lunacy. Heigh ho...

The last sentence of your last post. There is a problem at home i will grant you but some of the moaning is not necessary.

I don't see where you get the 'moaning' business from - I honestly would take bottom place if it shocked the board into bringing in someone who has the future of the club at heart and can take us forward. You only need to look at Dundee United to see what getting the right guy can achieve; also, what getting the wrong guy can do. If that's moaning or crap, then I'm happy to be known as a crap moaner :rotflmao:

Some of the away displays have been vile as well. Maybe we've just been luckier away from home recently. I never thought I'd see a win in the black strip, so maybe a pile of home wins are just around the corner (always easier to feel optimistic when you've just seen a win :rotflmao: )

I know not all is rosy in the garden but it's not all down to Brewster.

He has got the future of the club at heart mate :rotflmao:

Thank the lord, the first time someone has mentioned that he has the club at heart except me Pele, your spot on he has. Won't be easy to convince others though

Ralph I am not sure so many other were concerned he has the club at his heart as after all he had Dundee United at his heart and history will tell what happened there, I do think brew is a decent guy but this is a entertainment business, and talking about heart, nobody had the club more to his heart that CC but that means nothing obviously, get the team playing attractive football with a bit of passion, and wherever his heart is the fans will support him end off

Edited by stevico1

What's the problem at home? Tha same as dozens of other clubs have.....trouble breaking down a packed defence that can break rapidly to nick goals. Teams have worked ICT out up here. Sit back, soak up the pressure and if we overcommit they hit us on the break.

The only answer is to come up with players/tactics that can do someat unusual and that costs ???. Until then we should concentrate on becoming hard to beat at home before trying winning at all costs. Of course if the feeder club were to unearth a creative midfielder and a speedy forward it would help :rotflmao: :thumb04:

Edited by Drochit Blue

What's the problem at home? Tha same as dozens of other clubs have.....trouble breaking down a packed defence that can break rapidly to nick goals. Teams have worked ICT out up here. Sit back, soak up the pressure and if we overcommit they hit us on the break.

The only answer is to come up with players/tactics that can do someat unusual and that costs ???. Until then we should concentrate on becoming hard to beat at home before trying winning at all costs. Of course if the feeder club were to unearth a creative midfielder and a speedy forward it would help :rotflmao: :thumb04:

You're spot on !

It's only partly spot on though. Many home games this season there hasn't even been any pressure to soak up. We've just not performed.

Today I had the pleasure of seeing ICT go to a top six club and totally dominate the first half and a good bit of the second half. Then in the last 20 minutes when Killie hit us with everything ICT gave it all, blood and guts. That's all I'm asking.

Edited by The Mantis

Many home games this season there hasn't even been any pressure to soak up. We've just not performed.

Aye maybe you're right. Maybe we're just inept then? :rotflmao:

Perhaps our chief weapon should be surprise...surprise and fear...fear and surprise.... Our two weapons should be fear and surprise...and ruthless efficiency.... Our three weapons should be fear, surprise, and ruthless efficiency...and an almost fanatical devotion to Tokely....

Thank the lord, the first time someone has mentioned that he has the club at heart except me Pele, your spot on he has. Won't be easy to convince others though

Ralph I am not sure so many other were concerned he has the club at his heart as after all he had Dundee United at his heart and history will tell what happened there, I do think brew is a decent guy but this is a entertainment business, and talking about heart, nobody had the club more to his heart that CC but that means nothing obviously, get the team playing attractive football with a bit of passion, and wherever his heart is the fans will support him end off

Stevico1, United was a different animal mate, won't go into that but its in the past ! It's a forward looking business and if players were available on a different budget to what ICT have, then teams might well go down the A9 with the tail between their legs, but as Drochit Blue says its much easier to do it the other way round as the emphasis is on the home team. The home team never gets the luxury of sitting back from a home support (quite rightly) its just a fact !

It's only partly spot on though. Many home games this season there hasn't even been any pressure to soak up. We've just not performed.

Today I had the pleasure of seeing ICT go to a top six club and totally dominate the first half and a good bit of the second half. Then in the last 20 minutes when Killie hit us with everything ICT gave it all, blood and guts. That's all I'm asking.

Mantis, maybe your right but I'm delighted you've come away feeling what you did today because thats what its all about :thumb04: :018:

Stevico1, United was a different animal mate, won't go into that but its in the past ! It's a forward looking business and if players were available on a different budget to what ICT have, then teams might well go down the A9 with the tail between their legs, but as Drochit Blue says its much easier to do it the other way round as the emphasis is on the home team. The home team never gets the luxury of sitting back from a home support (quite rightly) its just a fact !

Mantis, maybe your right but I'm delighted you've come away feeling what you did today because thats what its all about :thumb04: :018:

Ralph Yes I agree football is a forward looking business, I am just a touch worried we are going backwards,

Come on Ralph we are not playing in front of 40,000 plus crowds at home, a wee touch of the passion we are used to over the years and we would keep most of the fans happy you have to admit its not quite been right recently

Edited by stevico1