FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Dods

caleyboy

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He still has a year on his contract though, but he has not looked like his old self in the games i've seen.

If The Arabs are interested we should flog him for £150k and get that guy Pinxten.

We would need cover for sure if Dods was sold, not so important if Black leaves as well.

I rate him as a player, but if he doesn't want to be here we should cash in.  The only thing is I would like him to go anywhere except Dundee Utd.  If anyone else comes in for him then we should listen to what they are offering.

Yet another prediction comes true.  :003:

Reply #67 on: May 28, 2006, 07:12:17 PM

DODS Similiarly indebted if not more so. Must have doubts about moving on into a different club and system. Wants/needs the security of a longer term contract to take him closer to his retirement fund.

« Reply #213 on: July 26, 2006, 10:40:13 PM

I am reliably informed that Dods is the most irate about the whole thing whilst Dargo and Black are being more professional about it.

I would NOT be surprised if Dods is not in the starting X1 on Saturday.

The Machine has been ma fave player fer the last 18 months but a player who makes such a statement does not have the club at heart. Let him tarry in the reserves.

The P&J Article:

DEFENDER DODS SIGNALS HIS CALEY JAGS EXIT  

ANDREW DICKSON

08:50 - 02 August 2006  

Darren Dods has decided not to sign a new contract with Caley Thistle and is poised to leave the club when his current deal expires next summer.

The Highlanders must decide whether to cash in on him before the transfer window closes on August 31, or during the January transfer window, or lose the 31-year-old for nothing at the end of the season.

Dods is one of a handful of Inverness players interesting Dundee United and one of three - the others are Ian Black and David Proctor - who the Arabs made a fresh approach for last week. The former Hibernian defender is thought to be keen on a move to Tannadice but his agent, Derek Rutherford, refused to confirm his interest. However, he did confirm the player will be moving on in the next 12 months after joining Caley Jags from St Johnstone in July 2004.

He said: "Darren signed a one-year extension with Inverness last summer and has decided to play out the deal. He has a gentleman's agreement with Caley Thistle that if another team shows an interest in him, and not necessarily just Dundee United, he will be kept informed.

"We know of the speculation linking him with a move to United but we cannot comment. Our hands are tied. All I can say is that by next summer, Darren will have been in Inverness for three years which is a good amount of time to serve one club."

While Dods edges towards the exit at Caledonian Stadium, Inverness manager Charlie Christie remains confident Black will sign new terms with his side. The former Blackburn midfielder spoke of his desire to finalise a revised three-year deal with Caley Jags 10 days ago and insisted a conclusion was close. But despite planning to have him secured by the time the Highland team played St Mirren last weekend, Christie has been unable to conclude negotiations. He believes he is still favourite to obtain the Scotland B player's services.

Christie said: "There is nothing sinister in the fact Ian has not signed. I spoke to him this morning and we are going to try to push things on. I stressed the fact we need to get things done quite quickly and Ian said it wasn't a problem, so we are in the process of getting the contract drawn up.

"He has just left things in the hands of his financial adviser because he is looking to buy a house here and he wants to know what size of mortgage he can afford. That is all that has held things up. I realise the longer things go on without him signing, the more people will start speculating about him moving on. But Ian has given me no indication he wants to leave."

Funny old game this, innitt..?? For weeks now we've been telling Brewster & the Grocer to feck off - none of our players are for sale - and certainly not to you....ya bunch of useless cnuts.....

Now - after just one game it appears that anyone who played on Saturday can go where ever the feck they like....!!

Yeah... Funny old game.....!!

You playing devils advocate again Johnboy?  :016:

I don't think anyone wants to see an exodus of our players to United or any club but the Dods situation has now changed.

He says he doesn't want to extend his contract which means he isn't 100% commited to the club, in my view. I'm sure he could still be professional for the rest of the season and do a decent job but the question is should we cash in whilst United are desperate for players?

Could be a convenient get out for the club as the player would get the brunt of the supporters flak

This type of psychic thinking and logic is evidently wasted in the Rumour Mill. Just feckin think about it!!

"More excellent psychological warfare from Brewster. He states in the press that he is interested in taking on Lee Wilkie. This will wind up Dods even more and increase his desire to be an Arab. This will increase his resolve to leave Sneck as well and his agent is bound to exert more pressure on ICT..and Brewster will think that it could lead to a decreased fee. The agents statement is clearly aimed at winding up the supporters as well and increasing the pressure on the ICT management."   

Bye Bye Dodsy.

You playing devils advocate again Johnboy?  :016:

I don't think anyone wants to see an exodus of our players to United or any club but the Dods situation has now changed.

He says he doesn't want to extend his contract which means he isn't 100% commited to the club, in my view. I'm sure he could still be professional for the rest of the season and do a decent job but the question is should we cash in whilst United are desperate for players?

Could be a convenient get out for the club as the player would get the brunt of the supporters flak

No - It was just an observation, Kencar... I thought the whole team played on Saturday like they had gigantic hangovers..(unusual for Inverness based lads!) I'm quite sure we'll see a completely different performance against Aberdeen... God I hope so.....

If anyone is thinking about moving on - they should be trying to produce career best performances...

may as well cash in now , use the money to  get another centre half in, dods has been excellent for us but im sure caff could make the position his own again , and with the cash from dods  and the saving in his wages we could get someone else in. i like the idea of pinxten but could we afford him ??

We are left in a bit of a difficult situation if we allow Dodds to leave in that the amount time prior to the end of the Transfer Window is limted. We do not know if there is anyone available to replace Dodds, or at least anyone of the standard of which we need.

Caff offers an element of cover for the middle and RHS of our defence, however I do not believe that he has the physical presence necessary to play against the taller players and this may leave us exposed. It was notable how much we improved in not conceding goals when Dodds came in two years ago. Caff is still an asset however.

The final factor is that we should not be looking to ensure that D Utd can improve their squad at the expense of ours unless we are adequately compensated. The message coming from the D Utd side is that an offer of £15k has been made and a clause exists in Dodds' contract which sets the fee at around £25k. I would suggest that at this level of fee it is more in our interest to keep hold of Dodds for a year. If he goes in the sulk and we are not able to play him then we are only slightly out of pocket and are ensuring that D Utd are weaker.

I do think that Dodds would remain professional enough in the situation and would continue to perform if required.

We are left in a bit of a difficult situation if we allow Dodds to leave in that the amount time prior to the end of the Transfer Window is limted. We do not know if there is anyone available to replace Dodds, or at least anyone of the standard of which we need.

Caff offers an element of cover for the middle and RHS of our defence, however I do not believe that he has the physical presence necessary to play against the taller players and this may leave us exposed. It was notable how much we improved in not conceding goals when Dodds came in two years ago. Caff is still an asset however.

The final factor is that we should not be looking to ensure that D Utd can improve their squad at the expense of ours unless we are adequately compensated. The message coming from the D Utd side is that an offer of £15k has been made and a clause exists in Dodds' contract which sets the fee at around £25k. I would suggest that at this level of fee it is more in our interest to keep hold of Dodds for a year. If he goes in the sulk and we are not able to play him then we are only slightly out of pocket and are ensuring that D Utd are weaker.

I do think that Dodds would remain professional enough in the situation and would continue to perform if required.

I agree with everything you've said apart from the fact that it is Dods not Dodds.... Darren Dods.... Billy Dodds

TBH I'm shocked :010: Dods played with his heart on his sleeve all last season and looked as though he would die for the team... obviously he does not fancy living in Inverness, if a good offer comes along I think we should accept it!

Have county got any decent centre halfs?? :017:

pinxten is from belgium , the guy was pretty highly rated just a few year ago man utd were looking at him, big strapping no nonsense defender . maybe johndo can read some tea leaves and tell us what is happening  :notworthy01:

What kind of reception will he get over the next couple of games I wonder? Seems pretty obvious why he is doing this. Might not go down well with some sections of the support.

Reading between all the various rumours, counter rumours, dodgy emails and tea leaf apparitions it seems to me that .....

... He is good pals with Brew (?)

... He has family in Edinburgh (?)

... He wants to move closer to Edinburgh

... He wants a coaching role in his next (and final ?) contract

... He was pissed off that ICT didnt tell him of an offer from DUFC (even though he probably already knew by other means)

... He wants to go

... He won't sign a new contract (for whatever reason)

Given all of this, he should go and go NOW. No single player is more important than the team as a whole. Caff can fill that spot until he either makes it his own or until CC gets additional cover/replacement. Disappointed that he appears to be showing more loyalty to Brew than to the club that pays his wages.

Clicky

I don't think dodds said he was off after his contract, he simply did not commit to staying at caley.

I hear that he is happy with the terms of his contract with us but wants a new 4 year contract. Given he is 31 caley are understandably not that keen to commit to him for 4 more years, that is why he has not yet signed a new contract with us.

I understand if compromise can be reached re the duration of the contract there is no problem in him staying.

Yip Pinxten has gone back to Sproutland.

As fer the Dods contract here is more tasseography magic.  :001:

« Reply #59 on: May 20, 2006, 10:49:33 AM 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dont ferget ya read it here first from the Chorley Seer 

They immediately stated that Dods was not going anywhere. Dods is negotiating a new contract and from what I hear he will stay if it is a four year one plus a coaching position at the end.