Scotty

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Indeed.

We scrambled for ours (Tokely bossing a high deflection, Rooney making amends from his ***** penalty) while gifting enough room to re-make A Space Odyssey for Porter's hat-trick.

I was going to do a match report but... ach Brewster, why the **** should I?

now that brewster knows black is leaving and can see the gap in midfield left by him will he be replaced in jan window or will it be like dods etc and he wont get replaced,or more to the pont will we sign a overated county player on silly money in his place

Just back from the game.

The "team" showed no heart, no passion, no idea what the "tactics were, no willingness to get stuck in. They were a bunch of kids playing together for the first time in a school field.

Nobody seemed to know what their job was, nobody was willing to tell anyone what they were supposed to do.

Brewster has had 16 months with most of these players and if that is the best he can come up with , well , He needs to have a serious look at himself and admit , He just can,t do the job. But as we all know he hasn't the guts to admit he is the wrong man, in the wrong job, in the wrong club. Can he honestly say he would pay to watch his team?

I don't get to too many games due to distance and family but I'll think twice about spending over ?100 for a day out to watch ICT with Brewster in charge

Guest Spectre

To be fair to Proctor and the rest of the defense, if you spend 90 minutes giving the ball to the opposition, let them bring it onto you, you are going to concede goals.

I thought the formation looked quite good, but if there's nobody in midfield who can play with the ball you are going to be overrun as is what happened.

Not for the frist time, without Blackie we do not look like an SPL quality team.

From a psychological perspective that has pleased me becos that stuttering performance is the tone of a doomed man. And if he sticks by his words Proctor can NOT be picked against the Huns and Maguire is second fer the chop as well - but will he do that ? Will he feck.

We need a freshness - a change - a lift - Absolutely agree - so GTF.

I thought the formation looked quite good, but if there's nobody in midfield who can play with the ball you are going to be overrun as is what happened.

What ??!! They simply did not have a clue - they were all over the place. Have to agree with midfield but did you not see the Well midfield playing most of their football to feet and mainly in the gap between Duncan and Royster. We were overrun cos we played far too deep - full stop. What tactic - if it is called playing on the break - stems from having 11 players in yer own penalty box when you are 2-1 down ?

Guest Spectre

When we were attacking, with Rossco and Hastings further up, it looked like a formation that could be made to work. That's not to say we should be trying a new formation each week. Absolutely not.

As you say we vacated the midfield. Shocking.

All is not lost we still have a lot of games to play and if we can get some confidence and heart back into the team well thats a start. I know you all want to shout Brewster out on Saturday but do you think its the right time to do it ? Think about the lads going out onto the pitch to play there match - they need to hear support from there fans, so lets get behind the team this Saturday and see if it makes a difference - you can always show your view when the match is finished. I hope Brewster puts a team out with a winning mentality - attack is the best form of defence - so lets go for it this week please Mr.Brewster

NO 6 Defenders - just 4 of your best one's - 4 good midfielders and 2 up front or 4 - 3 - 3

COME OF CALEY

All is not lost we still have a lot of games to play and if we can get some confidence and heart back into the team well thats a start. I know you all want to shout Brewster out on Saturday but do you think its the right time to do it ? Think about the lads going out onto the pitch to play there match - they need to hear support from there fans, so lets get behind the team this Saturday and see if it makes a difference - you can always show your view when the match is finished. I hope Brewster puts a team out with a winning mentality - attack is the best form of defence - so lets go for it this week please Mr.Brewster

NO 6 Defenders - just 4 of your best one's - 4 good midfielders and 2 up front or 4 - 3 - 3

COME OF CALEY

We'll all be behind the team on Sunday - not Saturday. It's up to the manager to instill some confidence and heart back into the team, by winning their respect... This, quite clearly, isn't happening. It didn't happen for him at Dundee Utd either but at least their board saw the light and made a decision.

THERE HAS TO BE A CHANGE BEFORE THE JANUARY WINDOW OPENS.

COME OF CALEY

Were you at the Aberdeen game? If you were then you would have witnessed the fans getting behind the team for the first 60mins or so in what was probably one of the most vocal supports I've heard at the TCS in a long time. The first and second goals were met by chants IN SUPPORT of the team to try and lift them, but it did no good.

I'm not saying that positive noises from the stands don't help, but as those who were at the Motherwell game will testify, even with players out their giving everything to the cause it doesn't make the slightest bit of difference...why?...because it's the tactics/setup/formation/leadership that is fundamentally flawed. Not until that is changed will we see the improvements that are needed.

COME OF CALEY

Were you at the Aberdeen game? If you were then you would have witnessed the fans getting behind the team for the first 60mins or so in what was probably one of the most vocal supports I've heard at the TCS in a long time. The first and second goals were met by chants IN SUPPORT of the team to try and lift them, but it did no good.

I'm not saying that positive noises from the stands don't help, but as those who were at the Motherwell game will testify, even with players out their giving everything to the cause it doesn't make the slightest bit of difference...why?...because it's the tactics/setup/formation/leadership that is fundamentally flawed. Not until that is changed will we see the improvements that are needed.

CD, don't get too blinded by the cause! Yes, there are managerial problems BUT if you can accept that the misplaced passes, headers, ball control under pressure, finishing and marking are all related to your tactics/etc, I think you are wrong.

The problems were related to a nervous bunch of players, lacking in confidence, trying very hard.

If we had a player on the park that had the ability to stand on the ball, look and pass, we could have won the game and could also be a great wee team, with little problems.

Yes, Bewster is a big problem but do not absolve the players to get at him. They also have to stand up and be counted at this time!

I watched the whole game on BBC Alba then watched the highlights last night as well (glutton for punishment).

We were absolutely awful!

5 in defence obviously didn't work. Munro, Proctor and McGuire didn't have a clue what they were doing and got in each others way. Proctor especially had a nightmare - he was marking Porter for all 3 goals and never even got near him to put him off. McGuire, Proctor, Hastings, Munro, McBain, Imrie and Wood were all terrible (Cowie wasn't much better)

1 up front yet again didn't work as Wood can't hold the ball up, so it comes straight back again.

The only positives I could take would be that Duncan was very good IMHO, he really worked hard and was all over the park. Tokely also did okay and was our second best player, Esson also couldn't be blamed too much.

How long can we go on like this before we get rid of Brewster?

ICT has come a long way with the nucleous of the players that took took to the field on Saturday. They haven't all become bad players overnight - but it is very painfully obvious there is a major, and collective crisis of confidence on their behalf.

The players must have the respect of their manager, and vice versa... This quite clearly isn't happening - it didn't happen at Dundee Utd either when Craig Brewster was in charge.

What did they do about that?

What should ICT do?

CD, don't get too blinded by the cause! Yes, there are managerial problems BUT if you can accept that the misplaced passes, headers, ball control under pressure, finishing and marking are all related to your tactics/etc, I think you are wrong.

The problems were related to a nervous bunch of players, lacking in confidence, trying very hard.

If we had a player on the park that had the ability to stand on the ball, look and pass, we could have won the game and could also be a great wee team, with little problems.

Yes, Bewster is a big problem but do not absolve the players to get at him. They also have to stand up and be counted at this time!

Why are all of those things going horribly wrong when we have been doing them well season in/season out? Could it be that Brewster is not training the players well enough? Could it be that Brewster is focusing on the ONE single thing that he does well (fitness)?

We have a nervous bunch of players lacking confidence because Brewster has made it so. If Brewster doesn't inspire confidence in me, I don't see him doing much good for the players... :rotflmao:

"...while the individual man is an insoluble puzzle, in the aggregate he becomes a mathematical certainty. You can, for example, never foretell what any one man will do, but you can say with precision what an average number will be up to. Individuals vary, but percentages remain constant."

Or as Johnboy was getting at....not all players can have suddenly become poor over night. Whilst I would not absolve them of all responsibility, it is more likely that they are suffering collectively through the influence of one person.

"...while the individual man is an insoluble puzzle, in the aggregate he becomes a mathematical certainty. You can, for example, never foretell what any one man will do, but you can say with precision what an average number will be up to. Individuals vary, but percentages remain constant."

Feckin hell.... Take care if reading above....

A statement like that could cause outbreaks of insomnia on a massive scale.. :rotflmao:

Snooker players, dart players etc all have to have a level of fitness for their sport. They likely go to a gym two or three times a week. What makes them the top in their field is practice and coaching. They dont go onto the table for a wee hit about. They practice every shot or throw. They have onlookers coaching them when shots go wrong. Footballers should be no different. Practice attacking and defending set pieces. Practice ball control under pressure. Practice penalty taking, controlling the flight of the ball. Practice, practice, practice. And have onlookers telling them where they go wrong. Would Ronaldho or Nakamura score such spectacular free kicks it they didn't practice