FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Potential Strikers

Guest Mahonio

Guest Mahonio

With the lack of goals this season i was wondering on who fans would like big Butch to sign in the transfer window striker wise and also how many?

I have a few names i would like to see come in but i am like Wenger and don't want to mention players who are contracted to other clubs.

I am sure you are then wondering why i started this post then and the answer would be because maybe some of you are the opposite of me and would like to mention potential names.

Guest Muir-Jaggie

well we have barrowman, rooney, wood, odhiambo (strikers) & imrie, morais, foran (midfield/forward). so i think we have cover for strikers but we need a striker in who is going to find the back of the net more often than the 1s we have now.

barrowman is a MUST GO!!!!!

am not to sure who we would get but i think terry and MM will have a look in england in the lower leagues for a striker. cant really see any striker in scotland that would help us out right now

Guest Mahonio

Give Barrowman more time to prove himself.

He hasn't been at the club long enough and already he gets stick- WE SHOULD SUPPORT EVERYONE WHO PUTS ON THE SHIRT!!!!

Strange post. You point to a lack of goals and the need to sign a striker but criticise someone when he names one of those strikers that you obviously also don't think is good enough too.

You also ask who ICT should sign but in the same breath say you think it's wrong to say who should be signed.

He doesn't get stick on the park (well not much anyway). He's entitled to get stick here though as we question what he's costing us. Maybe it's part of the Brew master plan to get C(o)unty above us in the league.

I have a few names i would like to see come in but i am like Wenger and don't want to mention players who are contracted to other clubs.

Any one else laughing out loud at this! :rotflmao: Wenger might not mention names as he is the manager of a top football side and press speculation can unsettle teams and other managers plans and be viewed as tapping up. You are a football fan on an internet messageboard which is used for fans to discuss things effecting the team. I dont think you mentioning players under contract will have any great effect on the football world!

Guest Mahonio

Strange post. You point to a lack of goals and the need to sign a striker but criticise someone when he names one of those strikers that you obviously also don't think is good enough too.

I didn't say he isn't good enough.. where do i say this!!!! I only started this post to get a idea of who fans want striker wise if they don't think we score enough goals.

Any one else laughing out loud at this! Wenger might not mention names as he is the manager of a top football side and press speculation can unsettle teams and other managers plans and be viewed as tapping up. You are a football fan on an internet messageboard which is used for fans to discuss things effecting the team. I dont think you mentioning players under contract will have any great effect on the football world!

If you want me to mention names then i will to keep you happy :rotflmao: :thumb04: :018: Mark Roberts, John Stewart, Liam Buchanan (from 1st div) and Daryll Duffy from English lower leagues.

Happy now!!?

Edited by Mahonio

Guest Muir-Jaggie

Daryl Duffy would be a good signing. i remeber him at falkirk 57 Apps 27 Goals

only if we had Jason Scotland :rotflmao:

That more like it!

No player in the first division has seemed to stand out as being prolific and getting 30 goals a season. Think most would struggle in the spl. Think Rooney should be given a few starts to try and prove himself, he does seem to lack pace but always seems to get a chance and create something.

Aye, Rooney definitely needs more starts. He was on from the start at Ibrox on Wednesday and put in a good shift. We must get someting out of Barrowman - he did cost us quite a bit of cash after all so let's see him deliver. I've said before it's a confidence issue with him.

Guest Muir-Jaggie

First Division strikers right now:

Stephen Dobbie 13 Queen of the South

Leigh Griffiths 12 Livingston

Pat Clarke 11 Clyde

Andy Kirk 11 Dunfermline

Antoire-Curier 10 Dundee

no one really there who stands out

Guest Muir-Jaggie

Maybe see who goes down and nab some of their players. St Mirren have a few I wouldn't mind.

Wyness, Dargo, Hamilton & Mehmet

wyness and dargo i would take back anyday. Hamilton FECK OFF!!!!!!! & Mehmet would be good

but i would love to get Andy Dorman from them

I've watched Antoine-Curier a couple of times and everytime he has looked a handful for a defence, the only reason for his slight lack of goals is because he was injured for a chunk of the season. He's 6 ft 3 as well so he's a great physical threat, wouldn't mind him at all. Also if Falkirk were to be relegated the likes of Steve Lovell and Burton O'Brien would be great signings also.

But i think everyone in our current squad deserves a clean slate and given the likes pf Proctor and Djebi-Zadi appear to have found some form for themselves i'd say Barrowman should be given one as well.

Edited by ajsict92

Dorman I was mainly thinking of. At the start of the season, definitely O'Brien. Trouble is, he's been absolutely woeful for Falkirk and injury-plagued. Not so sure I would be so welcoming to him after all. If it was Killie, I'd take most of their squad to be honest. That's why I can't see it happening.

Guest Muir-Jaggie

only players i would take from killie would be: Alan Combe, Mehdi Taouil, Kevin Kyle, Gavin Skelton & Jamie Hamill

lol so between yous yu would like Alan Combe, Mehdi Taouil, Kevin Kyle, Gavin Skelton, Jamie Hamill, Fernandez, Invincible, Wright, Ford, Pascali, Hay, Fowler and Bryson from killie! Steady on thats almost their whole squad and when we beat them on sat they will be right down in the mix. They have been one of the worst performing sides this season and last where they finished 2nd bottom. wouldnt be suprised if they went down

Guest Muir-Jaggie

but have to say killie have done good last 2 seasons after all the injuries they had. you think there chairman would give them money to spend?? i remeber when we played them and drew 2-2 down there they only had 5 players on the bench 2 of them were hurt and the rest were from the under 19 squad

lol so between yous yu would like Alan Combe, Mehdi Taouil, Kevin Kyle, Gavin Skelton, Jamie Hamill, Fernandez, Invincible, Wright, Ford, Pascali, Hay, Fowler and Bryson from killie! Steady on thats almost their whole squad and when we beat them on sat they will be right down in the mix. They have been one of the worst performing sides this season and last where they finished 2nd bottom. wouldnt be suprised if they went down

Combe/Esson

Fowler/Tokely - Mihadjuks - Wright/Ford - Hay

Hammill - Black - Pascali - Taouil

Kyle - Foran

with talented players like Imrie, Rooney, Fernandez, and Invincible to come off the bench. There's good players in all the bottom teams. Not necessarily all starts mind you, plus all the teams have weaknesses. Until Kyle, all Killie could do was walk it in, plus there were numerous injuries to their back four. For me, they've got the best team out of us, Saints, Accies, Falkirk or Motherwell. They struggle with injuries though and seem to get enough of them.