FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Ict -v- Kilmarnock : Matchday Thread

Scotty

Great result. 4 points clear of falkirk and st mirren and kilmarnock dragged in to it. Sounds good to me. 1st half performance was brilliant. 2 good goals. The second half was absolutely terrible caley were rubbish the ball was never out of our half. Im struggling to remeber us stringing more than 5 passes together in the second half. But we defended well apart from the long balls forward which just brought on another attack. The whole team worked hard and played reasnoably well. The ref wasnt to bad. I cant belive i just said that. More results like this will do me.

That'll do for me. Well done Terry and the players!

Winning ugly is fine at this time. Definitely erases some of the frustration of last weekend.

Regarding the unanswered poser put by Yngwie - isn't it the case that LDZ's red card wasn't for violent conduct therefore he will serve a ban next cup game...not league game?

heard on radio today, commentator liam macleod's pre match team news from ict stadium. lionel in today before he has to miss the next weeks game against falkirk for getting sent off last week.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No-one seemed confident to put their foot on the ball in the 2nd half. Even Blackie was content to hoof. Question...did we miss Russell (Cousteau) Duncan. Holding onto the ball is what he does. There seemed to be nothing coming out of the midfield, and Imrie with his poor first touch and lack of bulk missed just about every long ball going. He is no Graham Bayne. In addition Rooney never got the ball at his feet eenough to do anything with it. And the sheer surrealism of seeing Hastings and Proctor as wing forwards beat all.

One thing is sure though, last week we saw 10 men in an attacking formation and this week we saw gawd knows how many defenders. At least we cant accuse Terrynjune of being predictable. They seem to work contingently and play whomever is appropriate, much better than having an in-crowd, as previously.

So happy to see an exciting game, but one that at least left us happy at the end.

Bring on the Bairnies!

Just a reference to the lengthy and confusing debate as to whether LDZ's suspension from last week applied to this game. Hope the club understand all those rules.

I haven't read all this thread yet but to answer the point made by Yngwie......the SFA publish a list of suspensions each thursday. Clubs are notified and the list is public domain on their website. Lionel is clearly listed as having to miss I Scottish Cup match in the 09/10 season.

THIS LINK

as said, second half was poor. hardly any passing, just long balls up to either imrie or rooney, whoever was up there alone.

pavels was great. only one thing though, him and munro, and munro and esson, need to talk to each other more. too many times munro though pavels was going to get it, or vice versa, and esson not making a shout for munro to put it out for a corner and stuff.

im sure big Tel will big up on this though.

Great first half, poor second. Still well worth the journey up though to see us take another 3 points!

I thought the 2nd half was scrappy and nerve racking but well done to the team for grinding out a win to get a precious 3 points. Thought the atmosphere in the north stand was great - nice to see all the kids there. Well done to club on its kids for a quid promotion. Met a few families on their 1st visit to the TCS. Hope they will come back.

I thought the 2nd half was scrappy and nerve racking but well done to the team for grinding out a win to get a precious 3 points. Thought the atmosphere in the north stand was great - nice to see all the kids there. Well done to club on its kids for a quid promotion. Met a few families on their 1st visit to the TCS. Hope they will come back.

Spot on

:rotflmao:

"pavels was great. only one thing though, him and munro, and munro and esson, need to talk to each other more. too many times munro though pavels was going to get it, or vice versa, and esson not making a shout for munro to put it out for a corner and stuff."

Butcher was screaming at them for a lot of the game to talk to each other and was moaning at mo that they weren't communicating, so yes, I think he'll be pointing this out to them. What I feel more confident about with Mo and Terry is they seem to see when there's a problem and do something about it, unlike when Brewster used to make no changes and keep repeating the same mistakes over and over again.

Guest Muir-Jaggie

I never saw munro shouting at anyone on saturday :rotflmao: no one nos who is going for the ball at the back. Esson is always shouting but i dont think anyone listens to him

No-one seemed confident to put their foot on the ball in the 2nd half. Even Blackie was content to hoof. Question...did we miss Russell (Cousteau) Duncan. Holding onto the ball is what he does. There seemed to be nothing coming out of the midfield, and Imrie with his poor first touch and lack of bulk missed just about every long ball going. He is no Graham Bayne. In addition Rooney never got the ball at his feet eenough to do anything with it. And the sheer surrealism of seeing Hastings and Proctor as wing forwards beat all.

One thing is sure though, last week we saw 10 men in an attacking formation and this week we saw gawd knows how many defenders. At least we cant accuse Terrynjune of being predictable. They seem to work contingently and play whomever is appropriate, much better than having an in-crowd, as previously.

So happy to see an exciting game, but one that at least left us happy at the end.

Bring on the Bairnies!

While I was disappointed to see Black resorting to hoofing the ball, we did not miss Duncan at all. Yes Duncan is good at holding onto the ball, but the other thing he is incredibly good at is picking the perfect pass to an opposition player.

Now that Duff got another appearance under his belt - does this mean he gets a new contract now?

We will never know if Duncan would have provided a different outcome to the match. What I do know is that despite his frailties, on a good day he can gell the defence and middle and allows others to go forward. Still, winning without him is a bonus as those who played on Saturday did their prospects no harm..............well, apart from Rooney and Imrie.

Shot ourselves in the foot by losing the goal just before half time but weathered the expected onslaught well although it made for an uncomfortable fifty minutes.

Foran is a striker, Rooney is a benchwarmer and Imrie should be dropped deeper.

Three points not to be scoffed at, I'll bet Killie would have liked them.

Mr Scarlet, mine often does that, very irritating, I often get 7 seconds of play at a time sometimes it's perfect though and runs from start to finish without a pause.

Does anyonme know what causes this and can it be "sorted"

Guest Muir-Jaggie

Mr Scarlet, mine often does that, very irritating, I often get 7 seconds of play at a time sometimes it's perfect though and runs from start to finish without a pause.

Always happens to me but on every video clip on the BBC website :rotflmao:

Time to sell yer dads old computer Ron!!!

Is it not to do with the speed of connection fro the server? some times of day the broadband speed drops off big style.

Time to sell yer dads old computer Ron!!!

Is it not to do with the speed of connection fro the server? some times of day the broadband speed drops off big style.

HOT TIP!!!

When you click to play, immediately afterwards, pause. This will allow the file to "buffer up" and load into memory. Watch the wee line below the play pointer. When the file is in, click play, and it should run without stalling. Works with most sticky youtube files, but the BBC may be different.