FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

zidane - legend!

Guest kingkojak

was a pretty decent headbutt ..

italy were lucky that zizou lost the plot and got sent off when he did

Shame nothing. It was his own doing that he was sent off. If he had been wrongly sent off or been injured or whatever then I may feel a little sorry for him, but that. No way! Thuggery

Because he is a skillful player he is classed as temperamental. I would say dirty. He has been sent of before for butting, stamping, punching etc. 14 times he's seen red - 2 more than Vinnie Jones! What a record.

Adieu ZZ

Good for you metalgecko in putting Zidanne's 'greatness' into perspective.  I always thought he was a dirty player, but couldn't have given you the chapter and verse on his red cards.  Quite an eye opener.  What he did against Italy was outrageous.  Duncan Ferguson was jailed for less!

Guest Suspicious Mind

Only a closet bluenose (possibly based in an institution) could place Duncan Ferguson and Zi Zou in the same sentence!

Zidane will go down as the greatest player of his generation who has performed at the top level of the two finest leagues in the world for over a decade. During this time he has inevitably reacted to the multitude of abuse he has received wether that be physical, verbal or fluid.

A joy to watch he will be sorely missed in this household.

His contribution to the game matched only by the great Drunken Ferguson!

:notworthy01:

Suspicious mind.  I obviously rattled your cage in supporting another poster's criticism of your hero, Zidanne.  However, I find your 'closet bluenose' remark offensive.  I'll overlook the 'institution' barb, as I suppose that was an attempt at humour.  You know absolutely nothing about me so I would be obliged, if in future you disagree with one of my posts, you keep your replies to the facts and not personalise them

Theres no excuse for violence, whether on the street or on a football field. Zidane disgraced himself by headbutting Materazzi, it wasn't even a decent headbutt! Only thick people who can't use their brains resort to using their fists or in this case head. And only really thick people would consider that to be acceptable, never mind "superb". So cheerio Zizou, we don't need erseholes like you in the game, no matter how skillful or creative you were. Good riddance!

Caley Mad just for your info:

Sep. 1993  Punch up with Marcel Desailly -  both sent off

Aug. 1995  Slaps Thorsten Fink in the face

Oct. 1995    Off for tackle from behind

Sep. 1996    For Juve off after 2 bookings

Jan  1997    Punches Chiesa of Parma

June 1998    In World Cup stamps on Saudi captain Fuad Amin

Oct    1998  2 footed challenge on Inter player Paulo Sousa

Oct  1999    Off for diving

Sep  2000  Champions League off for late tackle on Emerson, Deportivo

Oct  2000  5 game ban after butting Jochen Kientz, SV Hamburg

Feb  2004  Pushing pablo Alfaro, Seville, in the face

May  2004  2nd yelllow after crazy late challenge against Deportivo

April  2005  Tries to punch Villareal defender, Alvarez in the face

July  2006    World cup final headbutt

Way to go. But he always remembers Mothers Day and likes puppy dogs !

How different countries saw the incident (might take a wee while to load up)

How the Germans saw it

zid1.gif

How the French saw it

zid2.gif

How the Italians saw it

zid3.gif

How the Americans saw it

zid4.gif

How The Sun described it

zid5.gif

Since Sunday evening the whole World has been debating what Italian defender Marco Materazzi said to Zinedine Zidane to make the retiring Frenchman react in the way he did. The French captain, in his last ever professional game, thrust his head into Materezzi's chest in Sunday's World Cup Final resulting in a red card and shame for Zidane. Today, with the help of Italian lip-reader Arturo Belladini, we can reveal what drove Zidane to self destruct;

Materazzi was seen to hold Zidane's shirt on the edge of the penalty box in extra-time at which point Zidane said "if you want my shirt so bad you can have it"

Materazzi responded "I dont want your shirt you m***** f*****. you're a f****** old man"

As they jog away Zidane is seen to laugh at this and it is unclear how he responded due to him having his back to the TV camera

Materazzi then hit a volley of abuse "you should've quit 2 years ago, you're a f****** has-been"

"m***** f*****! your mum is a f****** muslim terrorist and you are too, f*** you old man f*** you"

"old man, this arena is not for you anymore m***** f****. Your sister is a whore and the whole Italian team has f***** her" "f*** off you bald c*nt"

Zidane carries on jogging away

"you are only good enough for Rangers"

It's at this very point Zidane turned and head-butted him. 

:001: