FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Craig Brewster

I can't believe I'm even adding to this nonsense of a thread. I know both Craig Brewster and Malky Thomson and they are both really nice guys. Let me assure you that no one would have been happier than me for these guys to be a huge success.

Unfortunately there seemed to be some rifts behind the scenes which I don't think could be healed. The players stopped playing and the heart and soul was being ripped out of our club. Terry Butcher has lifted the spirits and seems to have given the team a new lease of life. The same players all of a sudden seemed to believe in themselves.

So I'm sorry that CB and MT didn't do well, but we have to put personal feelings aside and think about what was best for ICT. I think that TB and MM will have the contacts in the game to bring in some players which will allow us to put in a decent challenge on the 1st division.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like LG, can't believe I'm bothering. Great player, good coach, shocking manager. CB should have been punted after the Aberdeen game. A great Xmas pressie for us all.

Edit:

Brewster- 17 points from 23 games means 28 points per season. We would have been buried by mid april.

Butcher - 20 points from 15 games means 50-51 points overall. Probably top six but safe anyway by mid April.

Good wind-up though.

Edited by The Mantis

Worst wind up ever. Can't believe so many folk got heated up over this especially when the poster wrote drivel like this:

Rijkaard took Barcelona as far as he possibly could, lets not forget he took them from the brink of relegation to second in the league, in one season.

Nope :lol:

Season 2002-03 If memory serves me right. They ended up finishing 6th IIRC but they were in big trouble until Rijkaard took over.

Rijkaard never saved them from the "brink of relegation" and certainly did not get them up to 6th place. It was Van Gaal that got them into a shocking mess at the start of the 02/03 season and Raddy Antic took them into 6th place when he arrived in January 2003. Rijkaard came in at the beginning of the 03/04 season and finished 2nd in his first season. If anyone saved them in 02/03 it was Antic.

Guest ThePugsy93

Worst wind up ever. Can't believe so many folk got heated up over this especially when the poster wrote drivel like this:

Rijkaard took Barcelona as far as he possibly could, lets not forget he took them from the brink of relegation to second in the league, in one season.

Season 2002-03 If memory serves me right. They ended up finishing 6th IIRC but they were in big trouble until Rijkaard took over.

Rijkaard never saved them from the "brink of relegation" and certainly did not get them up to 6th place. It was Van Gaal that got them into a shocking mess at the start of the 02/03 season and Raddy Antic took them into 6th place when he arrived in January 2003. Rijkaard came in at the beginning of the 03/04 season and finished 2nd in his first season. If anyone saved them in 02/03 it was Antic.

Yeah you're right. Bad Example

Now would you like to post about the original topic?

Edited by ThePugsy93

Guest ThePugsy93

Not really. I think my post made it pretty clear what I think of the original topic kiddo.

Why did you post in the first place then?

To express my hilarity at people getting so wound up over an obvious fishing trip.

And to point out how wrong you were with the Rijkaard example which you seemed to be using as some kind of "evidence" for your fishing trip.

It's really not that hard to understand. Is it?

It's really not that hard to understand. Is it?

I think he really answers that question earlier by suggesting we'd have stayed up under Brewster. Obviously things like intelligence, understanding and logic aren't really on the table here.

Guest ThePugsy93

B*stard

Right you've beat me. :lol:

No too bad an effort I thought, seen much worse.

Cheers for your replies.

I thought you did quite well actually kiddo. A lot of people were foaming at the mouth over this. I think you can be pretty happy with yourself to be fair. Treat yourself to a sherbet dip or something.

Guest ThePugsy93

I thought you did quite well actually kiddo. A lot of people were foaming at the mouth over this. I think you can be pretty happy with yourself to be fair. Treat yourself to a sherbet dip or something.

I might do just that. :lol:

IMO CB was given ample time as a manager to succeed, but simply failed.

Although I was never a real critic may patience ran out, like may others. He clearly tried hard and had a great desire to move forward. However, the one thing he did not have enabling him to do this was man management. He inspired nobody.

Also and his biggest crime as far as I am concerned was putting out a team without a recognised goal scorer?!

I think if he could have had his time again he would have played himself more and we would have possibly still be in the SPL

Well, i'm sure now that the dust has settled, all the Brewster doubters will put their hands up and admit they were wrong to call for his head. All the pressure from the folk for a man to be sacked, and without that pressure he may still be in a job, and ICTFC would still be an SPL club... oh well, we all make mistakes!

What a waste of time even discussing Brewster. Quite simply him and Thompson are responsible for our relegation.If the board had acted sooner and sacked them we would be looking forward to another season in the S P L .