James McArthy

Alex MacLeod

They've also managed to sell Joel Thomas for ?125,000 to Colchester according to BBC. A striker with 1 goal from 28 games?!

So can we sell Barrowman for ?125,000?

My on-topic point was... Isnt it McCarthy instead of McArthy

I read today he's done a McGeady and chosen to play for Ireland over Scotland. Makes you sick.

Sorry but it doesn't make me sick. What does though are the people who lay the blame at McGeady, or in this case McCarthy when all the time its the SFA who are to blame. Aiden McGeady hung of for two seasons waiting on a Scotland call before he got fed up waiting and opted for Ireland. McCarthy would probably be the same. If a player doesn't get a call should he just not exercise his option?

I don't buy the 'he wasn't getting a game for Scotland' argument. If you're getting on a bit, and you know you aren't going to get picked for your home nation (i.e. don hutchison, ray houghton, lorenzo amorouso (almost played for scotland :D) then fair enough. But he made the decision when he was still a teenager, as did McGeady.

There's nothing wrong with being proud of your ancestry and heritage. But if your personal identity and national loyalties lie with Ireland (or ANY other country) over Scotland, as is the case in some communities in the central belt, then that's an unhealthy state of affairs IMHO.