FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ICT v COUNTY : Matchday Thread

CaleyD

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest SPECKY

Those mobile broadband dongles don't seem like such a good idea any more... The caravan dwelling horde are online! They'll have alloys on their residences next.

YAWN

Those mobile broadband dongles don't seem like such a good idea any more... The caravan dwelling horde are online! They'll have alloys on their residences next.

YAWN

Feck me, your forum must be REALLY *****. You said ours was much more fun now your saying "Yawn". :lol:

If any of the new players come on here it might give them an idea of just what that particular game means to all of us! We will do them in Dungwall, bloody hope so because its the only game i will make it to this season.

lets not forget though Robertsons first derby game was in inverness and correct me if i am wrong but did we not get humped 1-5 ?

I note a couple of folk are saying things might improve when Barrowman is fit again. Doesn't such desparate sentiments just sum up how awful we were yesterday. Barrowman is meant to be a striker but has scored just 2 goals in 34 appearences since signing for us. That's a worse strike rate than Tokely.

However, having been critical of a couple of absolutely dire performances it is too early to call for TB's head and it was wrong for some sections of the crowd to boo LDZ yesterday. The team needs the supporters to support them and not add to their lack of confidence. TB and MM watch these guys on the training ground and know what they are capable of. Presumably they see things in training which suggest they are potentially better performers for the club than proven performers like Hastings, Duncan and McBain. If they can perform better than these established players then I would be delighted to be proved wrong but from what I have seen from the new signings and from TB's continued faith in the woeful LDZ, I am really concerned about his ability to judge a player.

Keep supporting the team and give them and the manager time to prove themselves. But let them be under no illusions that we expect much, much better than we have seen so far this season.

Without trying to sounds though I'm gloating too much, the biggest difference today was that County played football, while Caley just lumped long balls. This was especially in the first half and it clearly didn't work for Caley.

I think you're doing your own team a disservice. Playing 4-5-1 they dominated the midfield and our lightweights were invisible. Mind you even if you had played 4-2-4 you could have dominated those guys.

Sitting behind our goals you could see the back four shuttling it around looking for somebody to show and if they tried a short pass it was intercepted. So they just resorted to humping it.

BTW it wasn't Caley you were playing. Caley would have given you a harder game.

Very disappointed in the result and performance :blink: , but the best team won.

Tempted to ask for a refund on season ticket, but it's still early days, so still lots of time to improve.

An absolute DISGRACE yesterday. I still cant believe that performance. None of them deserved to wear the jersey yesterday. It was such a good performance last week down at dundee and things were looking so promising. But to serve up that yesterday in one of our biggest games which meant soooooo much to the fans is nothing short of disgusting. Il always back the team all the way but it was hard yesterday when there was such a lack of fight and passion. For me the players all cheated the supporters

Let the Inbred, Peg selling, G y p o tinks have a gloat. its a rarity for them to claim a victory over us. Am sure if you check the stats, you will find we are WAY ahead of them on derby victories. Have to remember, for them...to play us is a huge thing, where as, they are just a diddy team in our eyes. FACT is...they have, and always will..live in our shadow...and will always be trying to emulate what we have achieved..whether they admit it or not. Lets not forget....C*unt* got where they are through reconstruction initially. We always acheived by conventional methods (ie Promotion, winning the league)

Just incase any of the lesser mortals from up the road challenge that...i have copied and pasted the following form the official Ross C*unt* website

Ross County again benefited from League reconstruction, the expansion of the SPL to 12 teams meaning that the Club won promotion to the First Division even though they had only finished third in the table.

An absolute DISGRACE yesterday. I still cant believe that performance. None of them deserved to wear the jersey yesterday. It was such a good performance last week down at dundee and things were looking so promising. But to serve up that yesterday in one of our biggest games which meant soooooo much to the fans is nothing short of disgusting. Il always back the team all the way but it was hard yesterday when there was such a lack of fight and passion. For me the players all cheated the supporters

Agreed. Its gonna be hard to wait till November to have another go at them. Thinking might just like to draw them in the CIS Cup.

Poor poor show by ICT. Too many new boys who didnt know what to expect, and considering County were beaten last week, I suspect they raised their game, whereas we didnt. Not a game to follow the "blooding" policy of Terry's Engerlish Youth's. All that, "Oh Yes, West Brom versus Bristol was like our derby" stuff has been hopefully knocked out of them. Welcome to Scottish Div1 where skill is secondary.

County were hungrier better organised and all thegither keener for the win. BUT will they keep up that motivation for the next 3 games? I think not. The derby stuff is a sideshow, and as someone said, there are many other more important games to follow, and we were never going to be unbeaten.

Lessons can be learned by Terry and others, hey it was TBs firs Heelan Derby too.

Onwards and upwards.

Renegade's results are in:

Esson - :) :) Looked pretty faultless from what I could see.

Proctor - :( :angry: Poor. Not a patch on Tokely going forward or at the back (thank God he's on his way back).

Bulvitis - :( :025: Not the defender ICT need. Looks rather cumsy at times as well.

Munro - :) :) I've been a critic of Grant in the past, but he was one of the better ICT players, and held together what he could well. Not a captain though.

Djebi-Zadi - :blink: :025: I thought he was going to be arrested on terrorism charges today, an utter bombscare. Couldn't pass, couldn't cross and seems petrified to go forward. Bar saving a certain goal, was pretty horrific.

Eagle - :huh: Not bad but not brilliant.

Cox - :) Not in the game as much yesterday, but seems to read the game well and can play a good ball.

Stratford - :( :blink: :020: A contender for the wooden spoon award. Punt back to America please. Can't pass, can't cross, can't tackle and was in a great position just outside the box at least three times and seems to have never heard of shooting. Rubbish again.

Hayes - :022: :022: :022: The only ICT player with any idea today. Quick, a good crosser and took his goal well. The only one in blue who seemed to have any idea of what he was doing.

Sanchez - :huh: :025: Wasn't in the game and when he does get the ball, takes too many touches and can do nowt with it.

Foran - :025: Again wasn't in the game much at all. Can be a decent striker but needs someone to feed off an play with up front, and currently there's no-one to do that with.

Subs - Duncan, Ross - Did little if anything in the short time they were on.

Rooney - B) Had he scored, ICT could've gone on and won. Involved a lot when he first came on, lost interest towards the end.

Butcher - :( The team looked totally disorganised and disjointed today. Needs desperately to sign a decent striker, right winger, a left back and a big commanding Bobby Mann-esque centre-half.

Best County Player - Watt - A bit rough at times but is the sort of player ICT need (and not get rid of).

ICT Support - Good at times with noice but out of order to boo Lionel. You never boo a player no matter how bad he may be.

Small query - Does the man of the match announced at the end of the game have to be an ICT player or was whoever picked it being kind to our team. Also where is our man of the match poll on here? I know we were bad but ............

I think so. Every game i've being to its being a ICT player so i think so. CaleyD must be out having a few drinks after the game. Be on tomorrow sometime i would think

Was only a couple of soft drinks for me after the game, then home to bed as I had to be up at 3am this morning for a run to Edinburgh.

Not long home, but will get the poll up after I've had a bit of breakfast lunch.

Dire, woefull, embarrassing, pathetic, clueless, shambolic and that was just Sanchez, dont get me started on Zadi. Zadi's performance yesterday was in 15 years the single worst I have seen from an ICT player.

Ross County yesterday didn't even have to play well. We looked like a Highland league side and i genuinely mean that, utterly apalling.

There was a thread on here about not booing players a few weeks ago. Well the people that did not boo them off then in my opinion your letting the club down. The players have to know that s*** i seen yesterday and am PAYING to watch is nowhere near good enough!

A pathetic load of garbage!

Edited by Sir C the 3rd

Small query - Does the man of the match announced at the end of the game have to be an ICT player or was whoever picked it being kind to our team. Also where is our man of the match poll on here? I know we were bad but ............

I think so. Every game i've being to its being a ICT player so i think so. CaleyD must be out having a few drinks after the game. Be on tomorrow sometime i would think

Was only a couple of soft drinks for me after the game, then home to bed as I had to be up at 3am this morning for a run to Edinburgh.

Not long home, but will get the poll up after I've had a bit of breakfast lunch.

CaleyD how come you didnt wear a loud shirt yesterday & you didnt do the gimme a C Gimme an A routine either ?

C*unty fans were going to be loud enough without me providing them with any entertainment....hence the more sensible shirt :026:

Following the various feedback I've had I'm playing with just how much "interaction" works in terms of what the majority of the crowd want/can tolerate. I also couldn't wander too far from the tunnel area as I was waiting for the Tartan Marchers to come through etc.

C*unty fans were going to be loud enough without me providing them with any entertainment....hence the more sensible shirt :026:

Following the various feedback I've had I'm playing with just how much "interaction" works in terms of what the majority of the crowd want/can tolerate. I also couldn't wander too far from the tunnel area as I was waiting for the Tartan Marchers to come through etc.

I think the walking round the pitch deserves another few goes before you/we decide ,as it is a different format to other clubs.

Guest SPECKY

Lionel has always been a nightmare of a player, offering him a new deal after he was seen in the flesh shows that Butcher's judgement is not great.

Mirror, Mirror on the wall

Who is the greatest Highland Team of all?

No more the famous ICT

Who had no clue of what was to be

There came a Team from Gadjie Land

With supporters who filled ALL their stand!

Del Boy had a cunning scheme

To put an end to Butchers dream

Of quick return to SPL

He,d make his life a living hell

The whistle blew the game did start

The County tore ICT apart

At number 3 the crowd did roar

The Caley support headed for the door

Then with all three points, having proved their worth

The ?Gypos? returned across the Firth

To celebrate a perfect day

Having showed the Caley how to play