FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Team For Partick

BA

It seems the last 24 hours has been all about changing the team so what would be your starting XI for Partick

Esson

Tokely Bulvitis Munro Shinnie

Ross Cox McBain Hayes

Foran Barrowman

Subs: Allison, Proctor, Eagle, Rooney, Sanchez

No Eagles in your team BA? I still think Nick Ross is too young for a 1st place start but defo got a place in the subs.

Esson

Tokely Bulvitis Munro Hastings

Eagles Cox McBain Hayes

Foran Barrowman

SUBS.: Allison, Proctor, Ross, Rooney, Park

Maybe leave Sanchez, Stratford and Lionel out for this one since they most useful at home :angry05:

As you have spotted there is no Eagle don't think he has done anything so far that shows me he can do anything. Need to have Hayes on the left as he has no right foot so it was a case of Ross or Proctor for the right wing berth.

Is barrowman going to be fit for this game?

Esson

Tokely Bulvitis Munro Djebi Zadi

Eagles Cox McBain Hayes

Foran Barrowman/Sutherland*

Subs - Allison, Duff, Duncan, Gillespie, Barrowman/Sutherland/Rooney

* Depends on Barrowman being fit

Sutherland??? If its Zander, he's gone to Buckie.

Barrowman, i thought he was already fit and he was just being left out of the selection.

Esson

Eagles Cox McBain Hayes

Barrowman, i thought he was already fit and he was just being left out of the selection.

Shane Sutherland

Esson

Eagles Cox McBain Hayes

That's Shane, think Barrowman is on the verge of being fit hence why he was given a run out against Wick.

As you have spotted there is no Eagle don't think he has done anything so far that shows me he can do anything. Need to have Hayes on the left as he has no right foot so it was a case of Ross or Proctor for the right wing berth.

He controls the long balls well and also provides a good ball into the box. I will admit he's not good at the striker role but he aint a striker. Nick Ross is too young for a 1st team place like i have already said.

I would like to see Nick Ross get a start on the right. He's done nothing but impress me every time he's come on and I think away from home where we don't have the width to be using a left footed player on the right (who can cut inside) we really need a naturally right footed player in that position. Nothing against Eagle, think he's been ok, purely tactical thoughts.

Stratford has also been "ok", but I think we might benefit from having McBain's engine working in the middle of the park alongside Cox.

Tokely has to come in at RB.

In saying all that I wouldn't be too upset if the only change we made was to bring Tokely in. We've a lot of new guys in the team and the more settled a starting 11 we have the faster they'll improve.

Who will be picking the team this week? Remember TB is away with the scotland squad and that only leaves MM with us. TB will join up with the squad on sunday for the game. So maybe MM will pick it as he will have seen who has done better in training through the week

-----------------ESSON-----------------

TOKELY---BULVITIS---MUNRO---LDZ

HAYES----DUNCAN----COX----MCBAIN

----------------SANCHEZ-----------------

------------------FORAN------------------

A few dilemmas for Butcher ahead of this one. Does he bring Tokely back into the middle? Bulvitis hasn't convinced so far. Does he bring in the old gaurd to shore up the midfield? Does he stick with Sanchez or give Rooney a chance?

As you can see, i think Bulvitis and Sanchez deserve another chance to gel with their respective partners - this game is less important than a league game so it's a good opportunity to do that. Rooney missed while clean through again on Saturday. If he's going to get back in the team then he has to score from the bench. And yes, bring back Russell and Roy to show the new boys what it's about.

Edited by Caley Stan

-------------------Esson------------------

---Tokely---Bulviitis---Granty---Shinnie--

---Hayes----Duncan-----Cox----McBain--

----------Barrowman----Foran------------

I think the way we are playing with Foran and Sanchez has the potential to make us less penetrating - Foran gets isolated and Sanchez gets bogged down in the midfield. If Barrowman is anything he is a goalscorer, a poacher, and if we play him up front with a worker like Foran he could get those chances.

-------------------Esson------------------

---Tokely---Bulviitis---Granty---Shinnie--

---Hayes----Duncan-----Cox----McBain--

----------Barrowman----Foran------------

I think the way we are playing with Foran and Sanchez has the potential to make us less penetrating - Foran gets isolated and Sanchez gets bogged down in the midfield. If Barrowman is anything he is a goalscorer, a poacher, and if we play him up front with a worker like Foran he could get those chances.

I'll second that.

-------------------esson----------------------

Tokely-----Bulvitis-----Munro---ldz/ Hastings depending on Ldz in training

Proctor----Duncan-----Cox----Mcbain

-------Sanchez---------Foran------

with Proctor and Mcbain playing at a tempo to be replaced around 60 mins with Eagle and Hayes, Rooney on for Foran 75

Good defence, stronger more experienced midfield,with Proctor and Mcbain playing a 60 minute game providing the front 2, experienced link up play with Tokely, Proctor, Ldz/Hastings,Mcbain.

Eagle and Hayes on to do their usual,but totally fresh, Rooney on as target man to pass to Eagle, Hayes, Sanchez or Cox with Rooney then falling back slightly lb,rb move to midfield to become a 2,4,Rooney,3. formation.

Allison,Wood

ESSON

ROSCO BULVITIS GRANTY MCBAIN

EAGLE COX DUNCAN HAYES

SANCHEZ FORAN

SUBS. PROCTOR, LDZ, ROONEY, ALLISON, STRATFORD

Would like to see Russel back in the starting line up, thought last season was one of his better ones and we could really use his experience now. Really not a fan of Eagle from what i've seen so far but we don't really have many options, Stratford also has really failed to impress, don't think he offers anything to the team. Think Bulvitis has had a few dodgy moments but as someone has already said he should be given some time to gel with Granty (same goes for Sanchez up front). Also i hope Butcher doesn't put Rosco back in the middle as i feel he is totally wasted there.

---------------------------ESSON------------------------

ROSSCOE------BULVITIS----------MUNRO-------HASTINGS

ROSS---------STRATFORD---------COX----------HAYES---

---------------FORAN-----------SANCHEZ----------------

SUBS: ALLISON, PROCTOR, McBAIN, EAGLE, ROONEY

Wouldn't have LDZ out of the team completely.

Have him on the bench and take him on if we are winning, hopefully he can perform well when he comes on and there would be less pressure. Build up a bit more confidence, with a bit of luck.

As for those saying Ross is too young? :lol: Bulls**t!

What about the likes of Rooney, who was given his first team chance at Everton when he was just 16.

It's not the fact he's too young, he's not built enough. But he's as direct as anyone else we have at the club and always looking to create and take people on. I would start with him and Jonny Hayes on the wings, with Cox and McBain in the centre.

Tokely has to be drafted back in for this game, shore up a shaky looking defence.

Would also keep Sanchez tucked in behind Foran (or maybe the other way about) :blink: So one can try and feed off the others scraps. I think this partnership could be a lethal one given time. Barrowman on the bench to get a 20 minute run out I would say aswell.

We desperately need Imrie back I think. :lol:

Also interesting to see the amount of people calling for Russelldinho to get a start..

Esson

Tokely Bulvitis Munro Hastings

Ross Cox McBain Hayes

Sansesh

Foran

Subs: Allison, Lionel, Duncan, Barrowman, Rooney

Edited by DingwallAway