FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Dilemma for Butcher

RedCard

Oh FFS give it a rest! some people moan when they think Butcher will be in Japan. Then when he makes it abundantly clear that ICT are his main priority and he will be with them for match against QOS they start giving him a kicking for being on the tele.

He is our manager and I am quite happy with the team he has built who are starting to gel together. Better times ahead starting on Saturday. Not bothered about cup game against Motherwell as league has to be our priority.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh FFS give it a rest! some people moan when they think Butcher will be in Japan. Then when he makes it abundantly clear that ICT are his main priority and he will be with them for match against QOS they start giving him a kicking for being on the tele.

He is our manager and I am quite happy with the team he has built who are starting to gel together. Better times ahead starting on Saturday. Not bothered about cup game against Motherwell as league has to be our priority.

There are a few who might disagree with you after watching the team on Saturday at Airdrie.

Gelling is one thing, being a good footballer in another, we have seen the new signings play together for a few games now, Butcher has persisted with his choices and i can see why.

In my mind the midfield has two problems:

Stratford & Eagles are no more than squad players and should NOT be first choice.

The whole midfield (now) is too young and not experienced in first team football,so when things go wrong they dont have a clue how to change the game.

Stratford & Eagles are no more than squad players and should NOT be first choice.

The whole midfield (now) is too young and not experienced in first team football,so when things go wrong they dont have a clue how to change the game.

Exactly what I thought having seen them 'live' for first time on Saturday.

There are a few who might disagree with you after watching the team on Saturday at Airdrie.

Gelling is one thing, being a good footballer in another, we have seen the new signings play together for a few games now, Butcher has persisted with his choices and i can see why.

Having just read Butchers interviewregarding Saturdays match, in today's P & J where he stated something like, he told the team at half time he would have changed 9 players if he had the option and did not receive one complaint from any of them.

This does not sound like a manager persisting with his selection or not worried about the Motherwell match.

Foran also admitted in the same article that he/they played rubbish and need to up their game.

Point I will make is that if you read this forum postings it would not be difficult to form the opinion that our management team do not appreciate the teams shortcomings, only the fans do.

Well, I think this article puts the management team sharing the fans views or the fans sharing the management views, at least on this latest showing.

Point I will make is that if you read this forum postings it would not be difficult to form the opinion that our management team do not appreciate the teams shortcomings, only the fans do.

Well, I think this article puts the management team sharing the fans views or the fans sharing the management views, at least on this latest showing.

Fair enough... but the management team signed/brought in and picked the team that faced Airdrie and presumably instructed them on how they should have approached this game....

The buck has to finish up with TB and MM - or with those who appointed them.

Having just read Butchers interviewregarding Saturdays match, in today's P & J where he stated something like, he told the team at half time he would have changed 9 players if he had the option and did not receive one complaint from any of them.

This does not sound like a manager persisting with his selection or not worried about the Motherwell match.

Foran also admitted in the same article that he/they played rubbish and need to up their game.

I feel that there are a few of us who have suspected that all along - I was merely trying to state that "judging" Butcher could only really begin now. The settling in period is over and the transition period has come to an end. In many ways, as I previously stated, he was entitled to give his signings a fair crack of the whip and the record this season - point/wins wise - is acceptable.

I am glad that he has come out with this statement and I hope that he will ring the changes - but if he thought that NINE of them (I would have absolved Esson, Tokely, Munro and Golabek) were sub standard and we were a goal down - why didnt he consider hooking Eagle and Stratford at half time !! He did change the tactics and that helped.

Inverness CT manager Terry Butcher on the performance against Airdrie United: "Individual errors were abundant, our passing was poor, everything you could say was not right. So I wouldn't like to think we could turn in another performance like that again so soon.

"They have got to learn pretty quickly as they can't afford to have Jekyll and Hyde performances like that too often."

Quoted off the BBC.

the answer to the problem some may say is to field this...

---------------Esson(Tick)

Rossco (Tick) Grant (Tick) LDZ (X) Golly (Tick)

Mcbain (Tick) Duncan (X) Foran (Tick) Imire (Tick)

----------Roony (50/50) Barrowleaking (X)

Subs - Proc / Allison / Ross kinda / Duff

All have some SPL playing Experiance and to be honest IMO wouldnt be that bad... all be it 3/4 years ago!!

Brewster and the board as the ones that saw to us being stripped to the bear bones with losing the likes of.... Black, Cowie, Rankin, Fraser, Barry wilson and many more lads, Butchers been left to pick up the pieces.. and now im thinking that way, he is trying to build a team thats young and needs a season in the leauge when we dont have that season to learn!! we need it now!

Our other problem is now we are down in the SFL1 and to be honest kinda on the back foot whos going to want to play for use, with the wage cap and lack of funds....

Edited by georgeios

I was looking for old school spl and ICT names from the past that can play for us just now, in a Granade style i could have stuck him as a forward to, Its just a point im trying to make big yin

I fixed it for you, so that those who find it hard to work out players initals can read it better.

Edited by georgeios

We have heard Butcher make these statements before, when after a poor performance he would be making changes............we are still waiting for these wholesale changes, it just won't happen.

he does blow a lot, im guessing this is what gee's up the players to do well the next game, get told well done boys, then they settle back in to the half arsed approch, look back at the stats, even trawel throught the P&J, Gelling well, pish, gelling well pish player comes out, we can do it, next week they are out saying we need to try harder, i can see a good game to night, which will mean nothing at the weekend!