FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

How much snow have you got ?

CaleyJulz

How much snow have you got ??? And where are you ??

I am in Ardersier and we got none but it has tried its like just ice now... We did attempt to head up north to Thurso today but turned back at Tore roundabout as there was a crash at Ord of Caitness and my auntie called to say roads were bad not to travel :023: So do you have lots of snow where ever you are ????

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We got none in November (normally get at least a few flurries)

We got about 6 inches on the 1st or 2nd December

We have had none since even though the temperature has been hovering between 0 and -10 during December

long may it continue although I fear it wont as Washington DC and New York State have both been hit hard this weekend .........

I had a pick up in the Limo from Coylumbridge this morning. Suppose to be there at 11:30, so planning ahead and knowing we might have some weather to deal with I allowed an hour for the journey.....that was my first mistake as it took 1hr 25mins, even allowing for the fact that weighing the equivalent of a tank the limo easily managed to breeze along in the virgin snow of the outer lane on the dueled sections. Had I known before departing I would not have attempted the journey, but there's not too may places where you can safely turn a 28ft car in white-out conditions, so I just carried on...plus it was mainly just visibility I was struggling with as the car handles extremely well in the snow.

My passengers seemed a little surprised when I arrived with 6 inches of snow on the car and I think they thought I was exaggerating to cover the fact I was late (would have been my first thought if I were in their shoes).....think they got a bit of a shock when we headed back out on to the A9 for the return trip!!!

In all my years of driving, it still amazes me the number of people who head out on the roads in such conditions and never ever think to turn their lights on. I would say that between 10% & 15% of the vehicles I met on that run were guilty of it....then of course, their was the woman who I passed on the way back who was so busy pointing the limo out to the kids in the car that she near veered across the road into the side of me...man, was I glad to get safely back to Inverness.

Oh my god Don thats bad.... We called the road watch placey and she said roads were clear !!! But as i said Auntie called to say roads were bad and my cousin was on her way to Inverness was turned back at Lateron !!! So i wonder how the roadwatch people said road was fine yet it was for from it !!!!

Yes, I got the "All Clear" when I checked before setting off for Aviemore....but being used to bum info from people sitting in offices at the other end of the country who rely on webcams which are a couple of hours out of sync, I was half expecting something, just not as much as their was.

we got a wee dusting in lossiemouth, Miss Georgeios is from Daawm south and woke up and said "ah honey theres loads of snow, atleast 4 inches..." at best it was 2cm's lol, and yes it was atleast 4 of my inches funar funar!!

No snow in Edinburgh but the place is covered in a sheet of ice. I met one person on Friday night who had broken their arm and saw a girl fall really badly walking home. By last night the council still had not gritted the pavements. Total disgrace.

No snow in Edinburgh but the place is covered in a sheet of ice. I met one person on Friday night who had broken their arm and saw a girl fall really badly walking home. By last night the council still had not gritted the pavements. Total disgrace.

same in moray. the Mrs. went to Inverness yesterday and when she hit the A96 it hadnt been gritted at all... it was 1030!! and last night coming back from Asda, the gritter infront of me was doing 30 on the Elgin to lossiemouth road because of the snow cover... and guess what.. Grit Nil!!

Half an hour out of town here and it's been lying since Friday (or was it Thursday). Only a couple of inches mind, which is about 10 of george's inches.

Just tried to get up to the Tesco Retail Park, coming from Millburn Rd. Everything grinding to a halt trying to get up the wee bit of hill from the roundabout A9/A96 and blocking the road. Chaos! I just went all the way round the roundabout and headed back home. Not a gritter in sight at the moment.

Mrs JB fixing me a hot toddy now...

You can keep yer feckin snow.