FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Australian Open 2010

tm4tj

Andy Murray has started with an easy victory in his first match crushing six foot eight South African qualifier Kevin Anderson 6-1 6-1 6-2.

Games can be seen live on BBC sport.

Murray marches on beating Frenchman Marc Gicquel 6-1 6-4 6-3

And the ICT connection at the Assie Open also continues with Elena Baltacha knocking out world No 31 Kateryna Bondarenko 6-2 7-5, and now faces Dinara Safina in the third round.

Murray marches on beating Frenchman Marc Gicquel 6-1 6-4 6-3

And the ICT connection at the Assie Open also continues with Elena Baltacha knocking out world No 31 Kateryna Bondarenko 6-2 7-5, and now faces Dinara Safina in the third round.

Good win for Baltacha must be one of her best results, big shock.

Just have the funny feeling Murray is going to sail through early rounds again only to lose in Quarter or Semi , hope not though

Andy Murray on BBC just after midnight playing a giant, six foot nine inch American John Isner.......better put the kettle on.

7-6 (7-4) 6-3 6-2

Murray had a job on his hands with the big big hitting American but his play was flawless and he eventually wore him down with some fabulous tennis. The scoreline looks comfortable but this was far from an easy match. Big John will be a force to reckon with once he irons out the errors in his game, his serve is almost impossible to handle when he gets it right.

Nadal is next for Murray at around 08:00 on Monday morning. Del Potro was beaten in five sets by Marin Cilic, so thats another big name out of the way. The going will get tough now but Murray is capable of beating Nadal, but they don't come much tougher than him.

Edited by themann4thejob
updating

Tie break...........I'm shi**ng masel just watching it

:blink:

Phew, 6-2 7-6 1-0 Murray and Nadal has asked for the trainer............sore knee, medical time out, what next, they will be stopping for fireworks I suppose.

Edited by themann4thejob

Another big hitter is Cilic, he woooped Andy at the US, totally demoralised him.

Federer is still looking like the one to beat at the moment though, one game at a time.

I thought the interviews with Jim Courier were pretty good. You have to remember that he is there for his tennis ability and not his raconteur skills. He did look a tad awkward during the interviews, but the way Courier does them is not the norm for a tennis player. I likes them. He maybe appeared to be choosing his words carefully, but with 50 million people watching on telly and hanging on every word said then I don't blame him. You know what, ther will be folks on forums all over the world just waiting to knock him because he said the wrong thing. I think it also shows how focused he is on the tournament.

If I remember, it went something like this:-

Courier.....what is your favourite film Andy....

Andy...............long pause.......just shows how boring I am.......

Remember, we bought Bobby Mann to be a defender, not an Olympic sprinter.

Tsonga and Djokovitch having a battle online right now

One set down to Cilic, body language not great at the moment, but long way to go yet. He seems to be having trouble working out how to get the ball past this powerful giant.

Funnily enough I heard the tennis correspondent on Five Live saying just before the match that he could see Murray losing the first set but then cruising to a comfortable victory.

Edit - of course, because of the time difference between here and Australia, he already knew the result when he said that. :017:

Edited by Yngwie