FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Google

tm4tj

Minimum of 1.5 years I reckon.

I think the satellite overviews and the streetmaps have been taken at very different times. For instance the satellite photos do not show the Culduthel Avenue housing estate, even in the early construction stage. It's a green field. These houses started to be occupied I think in the latter part of 2007. The amount of greenery suggests it's summer, taken in the latter part of the day since the sun appears to have swung over to the West. The Royal Academy car parks,back and front, are full up so this is clearly within the school term and within the school day. I would therefore suggest summer (but not July or earlyish August) and in 2006 at the LATEST.

The streetmaps on the other hand have a lot about to suggest that they were taken in the summer of 2008. Certainly the light and the greenery suggest summer and, along with other factors, it was also in the summer of 2008 that fuel hit that very high price.

I read on one site that the pictures are from last July. Also notice, how some people are blurred out, while a few are not. This can be seen by an older looking man on Inglis Street walking past Subway. His face can be seen as clear as day, yet go up to Topshop and the woman's face has been blurred out. The same can be said for Richard Hammond's face from the poster in the window of WHSmith's. A bit bizarre.

I read on one site that the pictures are from last July.

I take it you mean July 2008. That might also be consistent with a very empty school car park, emptier even than outwith the school day in term time.

It must have been some exercise for Google employees blurring out every single car number in the land! Maybe this was a job for Santa's Elves in the quiet season.

Im stuck in work so have no way of checking this out!!! is it just Inverness or are us outlanders in morays towns on it too...... IV31 6SD for example?

Doesnt look like it ..... although there are some areas on it that appear to be in the middle of nowhere with no rhyme or reason as to why ... like Loch Beannacharain (???)

post-2-1264521017_thumb.png

post-2-1264521025.png