FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Alba Telly

Heilandee

For anyone interested (and going by the number of posts on here about us, there's a few) Dundee V QOTS is live on BBC Alba on Tuesday night

I'll be watching. Even more interesting now that Chisholm has moved to Dens.

I was planning to go and watch us on Tuesday night, and I know I should....but somehow this is going to be a very intriguing encounter.

A win for us, and a draw or defeat for Dundee on Tuesday, will set us up very nicely.

Thanks very much for the info about this game being on. I wasn't aware of it and can't make it to the Caley game.

I can make it to the Caley game, but I'm inclined to think the Dee/QoS game could be much more interesting.

Anyone else struggling with this dilemma?

Thanks very much for the info about this game being on. I wasn't aware of it and can't make it to the Caley game.

I can make it to the Caley game, but I'm inclined to think the Dee/QoS game could be much more interesting.

Anyone else struggling with this dilemma?

No. Why would I? I'm a Caley Thistle supporter.

No. Why would I? I'm a Caley Thistle supporter.

I've solved my dilemma! Going along to TCS tomorrow night, but will sit in deserted corner of the main stand, with an MP3 stuck in my ear, to blot out half time/full time score announcements, etc....

Meantime I will have set Sky+ to record the Dee/QoS game on the Swahili channel. Then it will be a case of driving home, with the radio off, and then sitting back with 6 pack, to watch the excitement unfold on TV, not even knowing if ICT are already top of the league.

Should be good night!

Isn't it great for all these Dundee/QoS fans who are unable to get to Dundee tonight, but who will be able to watch the events unfold as they happen, live on Alba TV?

Of course the commentary, expert analysis, etc, will all be in the Gaelic, but I'm quite sure this will only enhance this extra special event - especially for all these in and around Dundee and Dumfries who's native tongue is the Gaelic, and who never got round to learning the English language, or even understanding our culture.

Seriously.....

I accept that minority interests should be taken into consideration by the BBC, but this is just plain, feckin rdiculous.

Sorry Alex.

Isn't it great for all these Dundee/QoS fans who are unable to get to Dundee tonight, but who will be able to watch the events unfold as they happen, live on Alba TV?

Of course the commentary, expert analysis, etc, will all be in the Gaelic, but I'm quite sure this will only enhance this extra special event - especially for all these in and around Dundee and Dumfries who's native tongue is the Gaelic, and who never got round to learning the English language, or even understanding our culture.

Seriously.....

I accept that minority interests should be taken into consideration by the BBC, but this is just plain, feckin rdiculous.

Sorry Alex.

Bit neg JB. Glad the game is on and available to those who ant to watch it. To be honest, I quite often watch with the commentary off anyway as it can be nauseating at times! For the record, there are two wee Gaelic speaking boys in my house who are dead keen to watch it but just wish it was our game.

Seriously.....

Sorry Alex.

Bit neg JB. Glad the game is on and available to those who ant to watch it. To be honest, I quite often watch with the commentary off anyway as it can be nauseating at times! For the record, there are two wee Gaelic speaking boys in my house who are dead keen to watch it but just wish it was our game.

Surely the two Gaelic speaking boys in your house would enjoy watching the match just as much with a commentary in English?

Seriously.....

Sorry Alex.

Surely the two Gaelic speaking boys in your house would enjoy watching the match just as much with a commentary in English?

They would JB but it wouldn't help their homework!

So.... If I understand this correctly : A potential football viewing audience of around 200,000 will have their enjoyment of this TV spectacle seriously curtailed just so as your kids' homework might become a little less tedious.

So.... If I understand this correctly : A potential football viewing audience of around 200,000 will have their enjoyment of this TV spectacle seriously curtailed just so as your kids' homework might become a little less tedious.

That's one way of putting it! I would prefer to say it helps their language development and, like the kids TV broadcast on Alba, shows them that their Gaelic isn't solely confined to the classroom. We think it's great!

200,000 :rolleyes:

Surely first division games could be covered by anybody who buys the rights, personally I am delighted that gaelic money is finally being put to some good use. I presume those that dislike the gaelic are free not to watch.

You are in the highlands of scotland if folk want to talk odd languages, wear kilts, play bagpipes you are just going to have to take it.

200,000 :rolleyes:

Surely first division games could be covered by anybody who buys the rights, personally I am delighted that gaelic money is finally being put to some good use. I presume those that dislike the gaelic are free not to watch.

You are in the highlands of scotland if folk want to talk odd languages, wear kilts, play bagpipes you are just going to have to take it.

I said a potential audience of 200,000 - that's based on Alba's own viewing figures.

Tonight's game will be watched very keenly by viewers mainly from the Dundee and Dumfries areas. Don't you think it would a nice touch for them if the commentary provided was in a language they could understand?

They are after all, paying the same for their TV licence as you are.

John, has anyone actually said the game will be commentated on in gaelic. There are english speaking folk at the beeb. They may have just decided to broadcast in english on that channel

Not that I know of Alex.... but every other game they've shown has been with a Gaelic commentary.

I honestly don't think it's fair for the supporters of either Dundee or QoS.... and I'm quite sure you won't find very many native Gaelic speakers among them.

Anyway I've got Sky+ set to record all the action - heading off now to TCS with my MP3 player so as to avoid hearing the score from Dundee.

I won't know the final outcome until about 11.30 tonight.

Wish me luck!

You really can't complain. Without the Gaelic channel it wouldn't be on TV at all. Stop winging. Anyway there are people whose first language is Gaelic, who do pay for their TV licence. Why should they be denied commentary in Gaelic?